PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: SI covers Roethlisberger's rampant and unrelenting douchebaggery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look on the bright side...the Pennsylvania legislature will probably pass into law a new criminal offense...ASSAULT & ASSHATTERY...which will become known as "Ben's Law"...

Look on the bright side...the Pennsylvania legislature will probably pass into law a new criminal offense...ASSAULT & ASSHATTERY...which will become known as "Ben's Law"...

I hear they'll implement a Big Ben Alert system and broadcast these alerts on highways, college campuses, sorority houses, and bathroom walls.

If I was the husband/boyfriend of that pregnant waitress he asked, "What happened, your boyfriend didn't pull out in time?" I'd hire a hit man to take out one of Ben's knees. That big prick deserves nothing good.

I'll say this...I'm a pretty large man at 6'3", 300..a tad shorter than he is ,but I was brought up by my father and brothers, all big men, to always have respect for women, always lend a hand to those who are weaker and have respect for the elderly. I did my fair share of bouncing when I was younger and as a rule, it's usually guys of short stature who pose the most problems as far as aggression goes. This is just from MY experience but I've always felt bigger men are more secure in their own manliness and don't have to display it in a rude and vulgar manner. I would hazard a guess that Roethlisberger has a lot of little punk trapped in a big man's body syndrome and has some growing up to do.

If I was the husband/boyfriend of that pregnant waitress he asked, "What happened, your boyfriend didn't pull out in time?" I'd hire a hit man to take out one of Ben's knees. That big prick deserves nothing good.

Wow, I have not heard that one, but should it surprise me by now?

Hitman my arse, I would gladly do a few days for assault and kick his baby 'nads up into his throat ("What happened Ben, did they forget to drop?"). This guy has serious mental and social issues.

:beatingcoming:

These people deserve to have their stories told, yes it's necessary.

But why? The sexual assault type things, yes I agree. But Ben being a overly competitive jerk at basketball games and demanding preferential treatment at restaurants...how is that relevant to anything. It's just more of the Celebrity Cog; people made this guy a hero and now are turning against him cause writing about the hero is no fun anymore. His actions have accelerated it, no doubt; but this would have happened eventually anyway.

I am NOT defending his actions, not in any way. He's an absolute ogre, and I think he raped both of those women and most likely more. However, the rest of the "reporting" is just muckraking done by people trying to make more money off those women's pain.

Guy almost dies months before and gets back on the motorcycle without a helmet and knowingly flaunting it to the media was the point.

How was he flaunting it to the media? It was either a pure coincidence that they saw him on the bike or they were following him. I'm sure he didn't get on his bike that morning and say, "LET THEM SEE ME NOW. MUAHAHAHAHA!".

Wow, I have not heard that one, but should it surprise me by now?

Hitman my arse, I would gladly do a few days for assault and kick his baby 'nads up into his throat ("What happened Ben, did they forget to drop?"). This guy has serious mental and social issues.

:beatingcoming:

You forget he walks around with hired bodyguards, so you wouldn't get close enough to try. That's why I'd hire a sniper.

But why? The sexual assault type things, yes I agree. But Ben being a overly competitive jerk at basketball games and demanding preferential treatment at restaurants...how is that relevant to anything. It's just more of the Celebrity Cog; people made this guy a hero and now are turning against him cause writing about the hero is no fun anymore. His actions have accelerated it, no doubt; but this would have happened eventually anyway.

I am NOT defending his actions, not in any way. He's an absolute ogre, and I think he raped both of those women and most likely more. However, the rest of the "reporting" is just muckraking done by people trying to make more money off those women's pain.

The article was VERY necessary. Occasionally we all need to be reminded about the reality behind those we ignorantly anoint as heroes. Ben is an NFL star who has become a controversial figure. This is the story giving perspective as to why. Some people have said he's gotten a raw deal from gold-digging women; here's the answer.

Last edited:
How was he flaunting it to the media? It was either a pure coincidence that they saw him on the bike or they were following him. I'm sure he didn't get on his bike that morning and say, "LET THEM SEE ME NOW. MUAHAHAHAHA!".

It's just an example that he isn't likely to learn from prior experience (read: once a helmetless cement-head against a windshield, always a helmetless cement-head against a windshield).

Short of electro-shock therapy or heavy doses of behavioral modification meds, he's likely to resume his insecurity-driven bad behavior at some point (read: once a cement-head, always a cement-head). I mean, don't we all?

It's just an example that he isn't likely to learn from prior experience (read: once a helmetless cement-head against a windshield, always a helmetless cement-head against a windshield).

Short of electro-shock therapy or heavy doses of behavioral modification meds, he's likely to resume his insecurity-driven bad behavior at some point (read: once a cement-head, always a cement-head). I mean, don't we all?

The way I look at it, if he's dumb enough to not wear a helmet on a motorcycle even AFTER using his face as a car windshield, then that's his prerogative. Unfortunately, there isn't a law in place that requires bikers to wear helmets. Until there is, it's a biker's right not to wear a helmet if he doesn't want to. Really, the laws for bikers in Britain are really the way it should be. Over there, if you want to ride a motorcycle you have to dress from head to toe in a jacket, pants, boots, and a helmet. That's the way it should be here, IMO.

and as a rule, it's usually guys of short stature who pose the most problems as far as aggression goes. This is just from MY experience but I've always felt bigger men are more secure in their own manliness and don't have to display it in a rude and vulgar manner. I would hazard a guess that Roethlisberger has a lot of little punk trapped in a big man's body syndrome and has some growing up to do.

I do agree that tall men tend to be more comfortable with themselves and a little more confident. However, these types of men wouldn't refer to that as manliness, and wouldn't associate "Big Ben's" behavior with that of short guys. There is another, more rare type of "big man" that believes he is manly because he is big, and associates negative behavior, even when exhibited by the tall, with the small. This is the type of guy who has do be the dominant person in a room and be aknowledged as such. The type of guy who's behavior is much more in-line with "Big Ben's". This confidence, and much more rare feeling of entitlement, exhibited in tall men isn't gentic or some inherent characteristic of being tall. It's learned. We treat "big kids" different than we treat small ones, and that difference in treatment continues through adulthood. It's called heightism, and although heightism affects us all to varying degrees, it's affect on you is unusually high. Heightism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is a good reason for heightism. For hundreds of thousands of years, the tall had significant advantages for survival. Not only were these advantages many, but they were often very obvious to other people observing. This combination has shaped both human perception of tall people and the way they treat them. Even a hundred generations after creativity, problem solving ability and drive removed height as a meaningful trait for being productive, the affect of height is still a much more driving factor in "climbing the ladder" than any other physical/mental trait. Once thought to take at least another hundred generations before heightism would discipate, the rise of communication and technology could change that. It will be interesting to see what happens to the rate of human social evolution after a few generations of using mass social media.

Last edited:
The article was VERY necessary. Occasionally we all need to be reminded about the reality behind those we ignorantly anoint as heroes. Ben is an NFL star who has become a controversial figure. This is the story giving perspective as to why. Some people have said he's gotten a raw deal from gold-digging women; here's the answer.

Good points and well put. I still respectfully disagree, but I do see where you are coming from.

The way I look at it, if he's dumb enough to not wear a helmet on a motorcycle even AFTER using his face as a car windshield, then that's his prerogative. Unfortunately, there isn't a law in place that requires bikers to wear helmets. Until there is, it's a biker's right not to wear a helmet if he doesn't want to. Really, the laws for bikers in Britain are really the way it should be. Over there, if you want to ride a motorcycle you have to dress from head to toe in a jacket, pants, boots, and a helmet. That's the way it should be here, IMO.

I am sure his employer feels differently.

Yes, but he said he'd wear a helmet. He's obviously not a man of his word so when he, or his agent, says he's a changed man, going to try and do better, well, we know from past precedent how that is likely to end up.

This article was a good read.

Last edited:

Demanding preferential treatment is one thing. Getting guys fired is another.

Yes, but he said he'd wear a helmet. He's obviously not a man of his word so when he, or his agent, say he's a changed man, going to try and do better, well, we know from past precedent how that is likely to end up.

:yeahthat: He'd promised his team he'd wear one and was caught riding without it proving or at least indicating that his assurances to them meant nothing. The Steelers should be pi$$ed, he's pretty well-paid I'd imagine.

Yes, but he said he'd wear a helmet. He's obviously not a man of his word so when he, or his agent, say he's a changed man, going to try and do better, well, we know from past precedent how that is likely to end up.

It's pretty clear that Ben is a bullying boy in a man's body. I think he will straighten up (at least publicly) for the sake of the $$$.

This article was a good read.

Unless he signed it into contract, I don't really care. I'm sure the vast majority of us have been guilty of telling our employers one thing and doing another... especially when it comes to matters off work grounds.

It's pretty clear that Ben is a bullying boy in a man's body. I think he will straighten up (at least publicly) for the sake of the $$$.

Substitute 'criminal' for 'bullying' and you are onto something. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes