PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Shaun Rogers forgot he had a loaded gun in his luggage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody, there's no chance this board is going to resolve the broader question of gun control -- and there's an excellent chance that this thread is going to get itself banished to the political forum the way it's going.

So how about we all just hunker down to making fun of a Browns player for getting himself oh-so-stupidly arrested? Honestly, given the signage and security lines in today's airports, how can you "forget" about a loaded weapon?

It's not that cut and dry for most people. But consider yourself lucky that you don't need to lock your doors at night. It must be nice to live in La La Land.

You are right. I am actually very lucky. Why lock my doors ? I live really comfortably, yet everyone here has nicer stuff than me ! I'd never want to live somewhere I'd fear for my safety. Not worth it for me.

Also, seems like having a gun is lose-lose - if you use it. Sure, you get to live... but I'm not crazy about living knowing I shot someone else. I'd rather just die I figure. I've been around more than 35 years... it's been cool.

Last edited:
You are right. I am actually very lucky. Why lock my doors ? I live really comfortably, yet everyone here has nicer stuff than me ! I'd never want to live somewhere I'd fear for my safety. Not worth it for me.

Also, seems like having a gun is lose-lose - if you use it. Sure, you get to live... but I'm not crazy about living knowing I shot someone else. I'd rather just die I figure. I've been around more than 35 years... it's been cool.

Man has been killing man for thousands of years. Guns have been around for a few hundred of those years. People can kill one another with pencils, for crying out loud.

If this thread is going to become about gun rights, it should be moved to the practice squad or the political forum.

Last edited:
Man has been killing man for thousands of years. Guns have been around for a few hundred of those years. People can kill one another with pencils, for crying out loud.

If this thread is going to become about gun rights, it should be moved to the practice squad or the political forum.

Says the pot to the kettle after a mod very reasonably asked you ALL to cease and desist.

Back to the real topic at hand:

Shaun spent the night in the clink and is :eek: desperately seeking the ability to get bonded out before all the lawyers head for the holiday hills and he misses the Easter Bunny...and spends his holiday with some less than desirable peeps...

Since this is a felony I wouldn't be so quick to demand I get charged or released (considering he was caught red handed I can't imagine the latter) or the Commissioner Bunny is gonna suspend his ass for a lot more than one weekend...

Cleveland Browns nose tackle Shaun Rogers seeking Friday release from jail - ESPN

Says the pot to the kettle after a mod very reasonably asked you ALL to cease and desist.

Hey, slick, someone had commented about it half an hour AFTER the mod's post, so I noted the obvious and requested the thread be moved if it was going to be kept political.

Learn to read.

Last edited:
What do people even try to bring a loaded gun aboard my lord how stupid can you be?

To quote Tony Kornheiser, "This guy's a DOPE!"

Not for carrying a gun, but for not thinking that at some point before he got the airport, "Hmm, wonder if that gun in my carry-on might be a problem?"

it's funny because at this point most people are wondering if they can make it through with a tube of toothpaste or an electric razor and this dude's strolling on with a loaded gun.

hahaha......

a few years ago they had me empty my pockets into the little bowl and actually ran my change and a kleenex through the x-ray machine.

it's funny because at this point most people are wondering if they can make it through with a tube of toothpaste or an electric razor and this dude's strolling on with a loaded gun.

hahaha......

a few years ago they had me empty my pockets into the little bowl and actually ran my change and a kleenex through the x-ray machine.

Last time I did a cross-country, I didn't check any baggage, so I brought a small canister of shaving cream on my carry-on. It was kind of a "if they nail me for it, then whatever, I don't really care" thing. Going from LA to Boston was fine, but on the way back they tore apart my baggage to get to the shaving cream. The guy was kind of a d**k about it, but whatever. I'd be a miserable jackass if that was my job too.

Another idiot gangsta!!
I laugh at these fools, I hope he does 3 years for being an idiot.:p

What are the REAL chances of Rogers serving any kind of penalty for this -- either criminally or via the league?

Shaun sounds pretty remorseful. But the fact remains he's now charged with a gun related felony and considering the circumstances an aquittal on the grounds of I was licensed in another state and didn't mean to be having my gun on me in Ohio all this time let alone taking in on an aeroplane loaded seems unlikely... and this isn't gonna go away short of a plea bargain. At which time I expect the Commish will hand down a sentence of his own...that Shaun best hope is the only real one he faces...

"Truly remorseful" Shaun Rogers released from jail | ProFootballTalk.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft