PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Russell to get cut finally!! Is Al still running things down in OAK??

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bigger problem with Leaf is the other QB he was drafted in front of.

Manning had nothing to do with his problems, they were all self inflicted and due to getting inside his head, his work ethic, his not taking advice from people who know what is best for him and his team etc.

If he was taken first overall the pressure would have been more and he would have done worse and snapped sooner. He was a ticking time bomb, all of his own creation.

Last edited:
I still think it's Leaf in a landslide. Keep in mind what San Diego gave up when they traded up to draft Leaf. To move from #3 in the 1998 draft to #2, they gave Arizona:

Their 1st round pick in the 1998 draft (#3)
Their 2nd round pick in the 1998 draft
Their 1st round pick in the 1999 draft
Eric Metcalf
Patrick Sapp

I remember that now! I was telling everyone how the Chargers were nuts because the Cardinals had no intention of taking a QB with the #2 pick.

Fascinating:

What Bill Walsh Thought of Al Davis - The Fifth Down Blog - NYTimes.com

Lowell Cohn of The Press Democrat in Santa Rosa may be the leading Kremlinologist when it comes to the Raiders. On Sunday, he wrote:

I often spoke to Bill Walsh when he was dying — on the phone when Walsh was in Stanford Hospital. We made small talk and when I sensed Walsh was tired from the effort I’d say I had to go, but Walsh always said, “Let’s talk about the Raiders.” He said this with a giggle. The Raiders were comic relief to a dying man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back