PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Question for the Jets Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give the Jets the edge because they will be fired up by the emotions of the first game in the new stadium, in primetime.

No, actually. The first game in the new stadium they lost to the Giants. This will be the second regular-season game in the new stadium, as the Giants have the first. And it seems typical that the Green Beans would rely on "emotion" to carry them through as you suggest, since Jabba Wrecks acts as head cheerleader. The problem with that approach is that it backfires with adversity, as we've seen under Jabba's control before.

All that aside, I believe Flacco has a better chance against your defense than Sanchez has against the Ravens. Ravens can stop the run and force Marky to throw to win the game, which is a dicey proposition at best. Ravens 17, Green Beans 14.

So what's your take on the game?

i think it will be a close tight game
i will be surprised if any team wins by a large margin
the Ravens are a good team and it will be tough match up
both teams are hyped as good so it will be interesting
while everyone talking aout the Jets in general i have seen many analysts pick the Ravens to win it all,so they have high expections as well and it will be a good test for them.

===============================================

Well maybe so, whats left of my memory is somewhat selective.

That's the case with most Jester fans. Every summer the fan base must have wet dreams about broadway Joe and SB 3

=================================================

Who are these Jet fans that wanted Rex out of town last Nov.?

Are you serious? And I suppose you wanted to throw a parade for Mangenius towards the end as well.

hell...they boo-ed poor Penny off the field during one of the common beat downs by the Patriots a few years ago.

Last edited:
Are you serious? And I suppose you wanted to throw a parade for Mangenius towards the end as well.

hell...they boo-ed poor Penny off the field during one of the common beat downs by the Patriots a few years ago.

==================================================

I wanted Mangini to have another year, much respect for the foundation he laid for Rex.

They didn't boo Penny off the field, they cheered, I also cheered, although I was cheering for Kellen Clemmens to get his chance and not because Penny was hurt. And then again maybe we are referring to different games?

Contrary to popular belief the ravens are the most hyped team in the afc. Jets are the only ones saying they ate good.

I think this game will start out close but Baltimore will pull away late with big Tds and I see the jets offense giving up a td.

My prediction
Jets 6
Ravens 24

Contrary to popular belief the ravens are the most hyped team in the afc. Jets are the only ones saying they ate good.

I think this game will start out close but Baltimore will pull away late with big Tds and I see the jets offense giving up a td.

My prediction
Jets 6
Ravens 24

Who ate good?.... Ryan or Jenkins?

Why is everyone (fans, pundits, & so called 'experts) so high on Flacco leading the Ravens to the Superbowl? Please allow me to post Joe Flacco's playoff statistics over his 5 playoff games.
(Statistics as per pro-football-reference.com)

Flacco's playoff numbers in 5 combined games:

Comp - Att Comp% Yards TD INT QB Rat
57 - 120 47.5% 660 1 6 46.5

Now...look at that line compared to Sanchez

Sanchez playoff numbers in 3 combined games:

Comp - Att Comp% Yards TD INT QB Rat
41 - 68 60.3% 539 4 2 92.7

Flacco being ahead of Sanchez overall...I can't argue against that. However, I'm not ready to put Joe Flacchoke on the road to the Superbowl just yet

No, actually. The first game in the new stadium they lost to the Giants. This will be the second regular-season game in the new stadium, as the Giants have the first. And it seems typical that the Green Beans would rely on "emotion" to carry them through as you suggest, since Jabba Wrecks acts as head cheerleader. The problem with that approach is that it backfires with adversity, as we've seen under Jabba's control before.

All that aside, I believe Flacco has a better chance against your defense than Sanchez has against the Ravens. Ravens can stop the run and force Marky to throw to win the game, which is a dicey proposition at best. Ravens 17, Green Beans 14.

Only two QB's were able to throw against the Jets secondary with success. You're own fan favorite Tom Brady & you're own fan hated Peyton Manning. So why will Joe Flacco be able to do that against an IMPROVED secondary? Explain the logic here good sir.

Only two QB's were able to throw against the Jets secondary with success. You're own fan favorite Tom Brady & you're own fan hated Peyton Manning. So why will Joe Flacco be able to do that against an IMPROVED secondary? Explain the logic here good sir.
The first factor would be that the secondary isnt improved.

Last edited by a moderator:

What makes you think this? Cromartie, even if he doesn't play at his '07 level is LEAGUES above whomever the Jets put opposite Revis last year.

I give the Jets the edge because they will be fired up by the emotions of the first game in the new stadium, in primetime.

Fans who think thoughts like this are clueless. These are professionals and there is no such thing as one team wants it more than the other. One will execute better - which will make them look like they wanted it more ... all the rest is delusion.

Sanchez will be sanitized ... 27 - 10 Ravens.

Last edited:

===========================================

LOL, you always say that with such finality, I am sure we are both glad to find out now shortly.

What makes you think this? Cromartie, even if he doesn't play at his '07 level is LEAGUES above whomever the Jets put opposite Revis last year.

Cromartie is a liability. Sheppard was better than he was given credit for.
Kerry Rhodes has not been effectively replaced. We have no idea what your rookie nickel corner will play like

LOL, you always say that with such finality, I am sure we are both glad to find out now shortly.
I wasnt actually saying it with finality, the previous post stated it was improved with finality.

Wow, this thread got derailed in a hurry.

Wow, this thread got derailed in a hurry.
Thread-Offtopic-Derailed.jpg

It is most likely that the Jets' secondary will regress from last season. Rhodes hasn't been replaced, Cromartie isn't all that good, and Revis was performing something crazy like 3 full standard deviations above the mean. Even if he continues to play at last year's level, teams will simply throw at him less.

Of course, OTOH, the pass rush should be better than last season, since the Jets got relatively few sacks for the consistency of pressure that they were generating. So in my rough estimation, I'd say that some progress with the pass rush and regression in the secondary means that the defense on the whole should be about equal to last year's.

Last edited:

Brees was okay, and Garrard had a rating of 101.

That aside, the big difference is a season's worth of tape. Please note that the two QBs you mentioned lit the secondary up the second time they played. That and the fact Baltimore's got three Pro Bowl receivers and a nasty running back should give you pause.

I swear, I have no idea why Jets fans are so ****y. Last year, they feasted on a ridiculously weak schedule/rollover games. The only good teams you played were NE1 (win), NO (loss), NE2 (got lit up), Cinci (win), SD (win because Kaeding couldn't make a FG), and Indy (got lit up). But if Indy had any guts, you wouldn't even had those last three.

Every year it's left up to us to bring reality to the Jet's fans.

There are 30 other teams in the league ... why do we get this lousy job year after year.

I think the dolphin and Bills fans should chip in and help with the psyche work this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News