PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Pete Carroll out as SEA HC

This is a pretty good statement, well written. Might get something extremely similar from the Pats organization soon.

Except that I don't want Bill to stay as an "advisor".

The only circumstance in which I would at least be kinda willing to accept his remaining here is if he HC-ONLY and working UNDER, NOT THROUGH, a New & Independent GM who tells Bill what to do, and NOT the other way-around.

The only circumstance in which I would at least be kinda willing to accept his remaining here is if he HC-ONLY and working UNDER, NOT THROUGH, a New & Independent GM who tells Bill what to do, and NOT the other way-around.
Yes, I meant the part about appreciating his contributions to the team etc.

I agree that if Bill stays he needs a GM above him.

New reports have Carroll as being quoted that he had nothing to do with his new role and that he’s still energized and wants to coach. This offseason has been wild already and the real offseason hasn’t even started yet. Curious to see if anyone requests to interview Carroll for a coaching gig somewhere else. He could go to a franchise and help create a culture pretty quickly. The Seahawks must have their heart set on somebody. Curious who that somebody is. Carroll had done (imo) a pretty successful job of righting the ship post Wilson. They sure as hell didn’t crumble like everyone thought would happen.

I caught most but not all of his PC today; and this was the most interesting tidbit I remember hearing:

"Were you aware of this happening when you spoke with the players on Monday?"

"No."

hmmm...

He’s never, ever accept the role, but BB’s mastery of the rule book and his critical analysis of opponents would make him the ideal ‘Ernie Adams’ type.

I caught most but not all of his PC today; and this was the most interesting tidbit I remember hearing:

"Were you aware of this happening when you spoke with the players on Monday?"

"No."

hmmm...
Umm… are they reacting to Vrabel being made available on Tuesday? Or talking to Harbaugh after the championship game ended?

Another great coach gone. Welcome to the new landscape … at least for some of us old bastards

I question why he was forced out. The Seahawks finished with a winning record albeit out of the playoffs. The Vrabel firing was blatantly stupid; coincidentally, owners in Seattle and Tennessee are women.

Disposability and quick-trigger mentality seems to outweigh patience and wisdom nowadays.

This is a pretty good statement, well written. Might get something extremely similar from the Pats organization soon.
I don't get the same feeling reading this, this statement felt like something you will expect if some unsavory news surrounds the coach.

I question why he was forced out. The Seahawks finished with a winning record albeit out of the playoffs. The Vrabel firing was blatantly stupid; coincidentally, owners in Seattle and Tennessee are women.

Disposability and quick-trigger mentality seems to outweigh patience and wisdom nowadays.
Where is the joke emoji or insertion. Is this some high level sarcasm I am missing?

OMG !! You inadvertently or purposely blamed women !!?? How insensitive.. I won’t be able to sleep tonight !! :)

OMG !! You inadvertently or purposely blamed women !!?? How insensitive.. I won’t be able to sleep tonight !! :)

What -- don't you agree that ALL NFL franchises should be owned by women who inherited them?

Last edited:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back