PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For the first time in 24 years The HC search thread

Love The Drake

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
As the thread shows,

I want to hear your suggestions, ideas, pipe dreams for the next HC.
As well as any rumors or possible fits for one of the most prestegious jobs in the NFL.

As the thread shows,

I want to hear your suggestions, ideas, pipe dreams for the next HC.
As well as any rumors or possible fits for one of the most prestegious jobs in the NFL.
Haven’t we had some variant of this thread countless times already? Get ready for the same names that have been mentioned in every thread. Cue Ben Johnson in 3…2…

Hell no on Kirby….he sucks, awful coach, bad person. ; )

Jim Harbaugh turns 60 in a few days. I’d rather go younger. Also, he only has two tough games each year - OSU and Penn St - and he piles up wins against mediocre teams with inferior talent.

I’d take Vrabel. Maybe Mayo if the rest of the staff is relieved of their duties.

The more important pick is the GM. This team needs talent and I’m in the ‘players matter more than coaches’ camp.

Jim Harbaugh turns 60 in a few days. I’d rather go younger. Also, he only has two tough games each year - OSU and Penn St - and he piles up wins against mediocre teams with inferior talent.

I’d take Vrabel. Maybe Mayo if the rest of the staff is relieved of their duties.

The more important pick is the GM. This team needs talent and I’m in the ‘players matter more than coaches’ camp.
I like Vrabs as well … he could bring his Super Bowl rings to the interview.

24 years actually...not 22....

Belichick

Steve Belichick

Belichick

Steve Belichick
We used to joke on the board the Steve would be the next great coach after Bill retired and we'd go another 20 years on top of the league. How things change. Vrabel isn't coming here; he's going to stay where he is. If Bill does leave it's going to be interesting to see where it goes, gonna be interesting that's for sure.

I'm not advocating a change but if a change must come we should look somewhere else than the stale scrapheap of current NFL mediocrities. I'd try to get Steve Sarkisian from Texas. Good organizational skills, offensive mind, turned around a program heading in the wrong direction and not a whiny Harbaugh.

Last edited:
Good coaching is hard to find. I wouldn't fire the coach personally.
Specifically what areas is this team coached to a "good" extent? 2/3 of our units are amongst worse in the NFL and one of them is the worst.

Firstly, I’m one of the few that want Belichick to stay I guess. I believe its going to be a great draft coming up but that’s just me.

However, it might sound crazy but I would be 100% behind a Jon Gruden signing. His coaching tree is off the charts good as well as working under a few good head coaches. Offensive minded, Te’s coach, Wr coach etc. polarizing personality. I think is one of the few that would be ok to finish a rebuild like this under the shadow of the greatest to ever do it.

Just a thought.

Specifically what areas is this team coached to a "good" extent? 2/3 of our units are amongst worse in the NFL and one of them is the worst.
That 1/3 is arguably the most important, though.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back