PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For the first time in 24 years The HC search thread

This is so dumb. Ya'll still don't realize this team is a few players away from being ultra competitive, even super bowl bound with that defense. Like half the team is out injured, we have the greatest coach of all time who had some bad calls on FA signings and draft picks (Although some were GREAT picks) and you're all ready to abandon ship and wank about wanting a new coach.......

What an embarrassment. If I'm Kraft I keep Bill and draft Maye, a good OT, Polk, if possible 2 of these WR's: WR Legette, Macmillan, Polk or Washington (slot wr), 1-2 good LB's, an RB and another OT and I'm ready to rock the whole league again. Address anything else with some good FA signings.

Bet you the same peeps wanting Zappe as their qb are the ones wanting BB out, basically, the da dumb lol.

Dump the scrap already tho, finally dropped Montgomery, drop the Reagors already.

Let the clown show begin.

When the wins dont come. Shopping for a HC or GM every few years. GM blames the HC and the HC blames the GM.

Grass always looks greener ...

I'd be happy with Vrabel or another year of Bill. Just insist that he spends more on some better WRs and OTs.

Moving on from Bill the coach .... BeliZombies.
Reorganizing front office to move on from Instacart Bill ... absolutely

Firstly, I’m one of the few that want Belichick to stay I guess. I believe its going to be a great draft coming up but that’s just me.

However, it might sound crazy but I would be 100% behind a Jon Gruden signing. His coaching tree is off the charts good as well as working under a few good head coaches. Offensive minded, Te’s coach, Wr coach etc. polarizing personality. I think is one of the few that would be ok to finish a rebuild like this under the shadow of the greatest to ever do it.

Just a thought.
And he'd be cheap.

I honestly don't know who the next HC or GM should be. But, I do know this: I do not want BB having anything to do with the draft or any personnel decisions. If BB would do his level best as HC under a hopefully solid GM and scouting department, I'd be good with him returning just as HC. I just can't shake the feeling that even on a subconscious level, Bill wouldn't be happy, and it would adversely affect the team and the development and usage of those players obtained by the new GM.

This is so dumb. Ya'll still don't realize this team is a few players away from being ultra competitive, even super bowl bound with that defense. Like half the team is out injured, we have the greatest coach of all time who had some bad calls on FA signings and draft picks (Although some were GREAT picks) and you're all ready to abandon ship and wank about wanting a new coach.......

What an embarrassment. If I'm Kraft I keep Bill and draft Maye, a good OT, Polk, if possible 2 of these WR's: WR Legette, Macmillan, Polk or Washington (slot wr), 1-2 good LB's, an RB and another OT and I'm ready to rock the whole league again. Address anything else with some good FA signings.

Bet you the same peeps wanting Zappe as their qb are the ones wanting BB out, basically, the da dumb lol.

Dump the scrap already tho, finally dropped Montgomery, drop the Reagors already.
With BB track record you’d be happy with him shopping for these players?

Josh McDaniels he would fix our Offense.
Sunglasses Hiding GIF by Soul Train

Not sure fans realize what they are saying ... dumb reasoning ... that's how I see it.
So it's get an offensive minded coach ... does that also mean they will neglect the defense.
Get a defensive minded coach ... same ... will they neglect the offensive side.
Get a coach who will be well respected ... a good OC and DC and a competent GM ... the foundation all teams need.

The cord has to be cut some day, but going with an unknown is a massive risk. How many bad coaching hires have we seen? I think Bill stays and works out the GM issues unless some team gives Bob an offer he can't refuse.

Marlon Brando Godfather GIF by Filmin

Last edited:
Offense is the most important. You can’t win with a horrible offense.
Definitely true, but you can win with a fairly less than mediocre offense (like the Ravens and Bucs in early 2000s or Steelers in 08... hmm.. it is a different time now with different rules so maybe not).

Gruden and Harbaugh are the same age - 60
Gruden has actually not had a very good average overall.
Harbaugh is great - but only has 4 years as NFL HC, but I prefer him. I think he has the maturity and respect to take over for BB.

Gruden and Harbaugh are the same age - 60
Gruden has actually not had a very good average overall.
Harbaugh is great - but only has 4 years as NFL HC, but I prefer him. I think he has the maturity and respect to take over for BB.
I’d trust him to have insight on the next QB.

Jim Harbaugh, Jumbo Fisher, Ben Johnson, Mayo, Bieniemi,

Harbaugh, Ben Johnson, Robert smith, Bon Slovak, Brian Griese, Brian Callahan, Brian Johnson, Kevin Patullo, Mike Lafluer. Josh Mcdaniels, Bo Hardegree, Wes Welker, Kellen Moore, Alex Van Pelt,Eric Bienemy.

All should be interviewed we need to cast a wide net.

Mayo, and keep SOME continuity on the Defense.

Choose someone else and Mayo will get the message that his time to be chosen HC has passed. We would lose Bill Belichick, Mayo and whoever else they can convince to go with them.

Harbaugh, Ben Johnson, Robert smith, Bon Slovak, Brian Griese, Brian Callahan, Brian Johnson, Kevin Patullo, Mike Lafluer. Josh Mcdaniels, Bo Hardegree, Wes Welker, Kellen Moore, Alex Van Pelt,Eric Bienemy.

All should be interviewed we need to cast a wide net.
Adding Joe Brady a guy I’ve Always liked.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back