PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For the first time in 24 years The HC search thread

This is so dumb. Ya'll still don't realize this team is a few players away from being ultra competitive, even super bowl bound with that defense. Like half the team is out injured, we have the greatest coach of all time who had some bad calls on FA signings and draft picks (Although some were GREAT picks) and you're all ready to abandon ship and wank about wanting a new coach.......

What an embarrassment. If I'm Kraft I keep Bill and draft Maye, a good OT, Polk, if possible 2 of these WR's: WR Legette, Macmillan, Polk or Washington (slot wr), 1-2 good LB's, an RB and another OT and I'm ready to rock the whole league again. Address anything else with some good FA signings.

Bet you the same peeps wanting Zappe as their qb are the ones wanting BB out, basically, the da dumb lol.

Dump the scrap already tho, finally dropped Montgomery, drop the Reagors already.
Some bad calls. When was the last time BB drafted a WR that was worth anything at all. Now arguably the second most important position in football. BB has missed on too many drafts and we are far away from having a competitive offensive unit, 4 years after Brady was thrown out the door. Mind you, he went on to win another Superbowl.

I want no part of Bill being involved making the pick that could set the direction of the franchise the next 10-15 years. He’s picked the worst offensive roster in the NFL. We need to reset.

I want no part of Bill being involved making the pick that could set the direction of the franchise the next 10-15 years. He’s picked the worst offensive roster in the NFL. We need to reset.
Do you think Kraft will pull the trigger though?

I have no problem with BB Only Coaching I have problems with him masquerading as a NFL GM.

BB will not relieve GM duties and stay as HC. That should stop being discussed. Won't happen.
And, since the entire world knows BB has lost his touch on players and especially offensive scouting, then the Kraft's really only have one decision to make...
Is BB (and his glaring weakness in player evaluation) still better as a whole, than a new/unproven HC with offensive ingenuity and a "Patriot Way" GM (like Groh or Zeigler).

As alluring as it is to consider one of these young OC's to revitalize the franchise (like McVay, McDaniel, Taylor have recently),
I just don't know if our current situation is as prepped for that to succeed.
Pats would have to go through a total rebuild, staff, asst. coaches, a ton of player acquisition.
I'd feel better with a guy who's led a team before, or had some experience with personnel & player development.

That leaves Harbaugh and... BOB.
The more I think about it, I wonder if the quickest way through a "rebuild" is to give BOB the HC job. NOT the GM though!
And offer Mayo to stay as DC.
There would be important consistency, but ability for new ideas, modernized offense, new QB and skill positions...

This is so dumb. Ya'll still don't realize this team is a few players away from being ultra competitive, even super bowl bound with that defense. Like half the team is out injured, we have the greatest coach of all time who had some bad calls on FA signings and draft picks (Although some were GREAT picks) and you're all ready to abandon ship and wank about wanting a new coach.......

What an embarrassment. If I'm Kraft I keep Bill and draft Maye, a good OT, Polk, if possible 2 of these WR's: WR Legette, Macmillan, Polk or Washington (slot wr), 1-2 good LB's, an RB and another OT and I'm ready to rock the whole league again. Address anything else with some good FA signings.

Bet you the same peeps wanting Zappe as their qb are the ones wanting BB out, basically, the da dumb lol.

Dump the scrap already tho, finally dropped Montgomery, drop the Reagors already.
You mean like Bill did in 2021? We are all witnessing the results just 2 years after drafting a QB1 in the 1st RD and spending an NFL record in guaranteed $ during FAcy.

No thanks. Bill had his chance and the team is ass. What makes matters even worse is Bill has no excuses since it's his team. He picked every single player. He developed (or failed to) every single player. He selected every single coach.

Bill will be 72 next season, only 1 year younger than the oldest person to be a HC. This isn't only about his GM duties either. His ability as a HC has declined. He's failed to properly develop players that he selected. His players continue to make dumb mistakes in all 3 units. His players are speaking out like we've never seen before. There's been constant drama in the locker room. His play calling has gotten more and more conservative. He's losing to rookie HCs and even to undrafted FA rookie QBs. He just can no longer get his players to buy into his ways. He'll be a year older, further removed from the generation that lives off SM, which he despises.

Bill can still put a good defensive game plan together, enough to compete for a half during a game. But against the good QBs and offenses, his D either gets blown out or ultimately craters.

I get that a lot of you are being sentimental and trying to hang on to the last remaining link to the glory days of the dynasty. Lets just face facts: the dynasty has been dead since 2019. It's time to let go and start anew. It's time to begin a fresh new era in Patriots history.

On top of Bill missing on a lot of draft picks on offense, he's also missfired on coaching hires.

Achord is a trainwreck. Patricia/Judge tandem on offense was a trainwreck last year. OL coach since Scar left has been a trainwreck, Troy Brown isn't doing his job as a WR coach.

We used to have coaches that were able to develop guys on offense especially in the OL, but it's been horrible the past few years.

If for any reason Kraft keeps Bill, it's imperative that he gets some help running personnel, but also hire some more coaches or replace coaches.

Not sure why everyone is saying we'll regret firing Bill.

Even if it in theory was the wrong move, he'll be 72 next year. He would have at max, 3-5 years left? We would be moving on within the next few years regardless, no matter what.

People fear mongering making that move seem to forget this.

Not sure why everyone is saying we'll regret firing Bill.

Even if it in theory was the wrong move, he'll be 72 next year. He would have at max, 3-5 years left? We would be moving on within the next few years regardless, no matter what.

People fear mongering making that move seem to forget this.
Thank you! I couldn't have said it better myself.

The cord has to be cut some day, but going with an unknown is a massive risk. How many bad coaching hires have we seen? I think Bill stays and works out the GM issues unless some team gives Bob an offer he can't refuse.

Marlon Brando Godfather GIF by Filmin
Keeping Bill during a crucial season in the rebuild of the Patriots is also a massive risk, for two reasons:

1. There's no guarantee that we see any changes to what we just witnessed happening since 2021. In fact, odds are nothing changes. Bill will be 72. He's not changing his ways.

2. Bill will be 72, so there's no way he'll be around long enough to see the development and end result of the rebuild (3 to 4 years). Therefore, having Bill stay to plan the beginning is a huge mistake when ultimately someone else comes in that may have different ideas of how to put it all together.

As far as it being a massive risk going with someone now, I think this is overstated.

Look at Demeco Ryans, a rookie HC with a rookie QB and a young team. He's got his team at 8-6 fighting for a WC spot and contending for a Division win. As a former player and being young (39), he knows how to communicate, inspire and motivate the modern day players.

That's why I wouldn't mind seeing Mayo given a chance, though I prefer a young offensive minded coach.

Or look at Sean Payton starting in a new organization, beginning the season at 1-5 and fighting back to 7-7. There are dozens of knowledgeable good coaches out there. We just have to find one that has leadership skills, learned under good programs, and has Xs & Os foundational knowledge. I'm looking forward to it.

I like Jim as well , he’s tough and sneaky
He also wins everywhere he goes. He made Stanford a contender, made the Niners into one and made Michigan relevant again. If Kraft is willing to pony up, I'd love this hire.

Not to mention, he'd come in and be able to deal with being the successor to the GOAT HC. Different feeling than say replacing a head coach in say Indianapolis or LA.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back