PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: MLB St. Louis Cardinals Hack Gate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, that was happening on a widespread, hysteria-tinged basis long before Kraft caved in. That ain't a new sporting past time...

I don't know, Pats over time had mostly lived Crygate down. Then Defamegate resurrected it fully and Bob made it worse with his shenanigans. Waiting another ten years for this to blow over is not good times. I hate social media and the 24-hr news cycle.

While I want to see the evidence before worrying overmuch about this, I do have to admit that I got a kick out of this:

St. Louis Cardinals announce new jerseys that they totally came up with on their own

CHpdLDcVEAEbqXw.jpg

https://twitter.com/aaronnemo/status/610903144868921345/photo/1

I loved those old Astros jerseys...

I don't know, Pats over time had mostly lived Crygate down. Then Defamegate resurrected it fully and Bob made it worse with his shenanigans. Waiting another ten years for this to blow over is not good times. I hate social media and the 24-hr news cycle.
Ten years? Hell, this crap will be a stink on the team and all of us fans a lot longer than that.

At the risk of being unpopular, I'm more on StLRamBringer's side at this point. We of all people should know better than to jump to conclusions at this point. Obviously I give the Feds a heck of a lot more credibility than an NFL investigation, with or without an "independent" investigator. But still, I want to see the case before I truly pass judgement. For all we know, Deadspin's source is Chris Mortensen.
I agree we shouldn't jump to conclusions but, as you say, this is a federal investigation ongoing. IMHO, that goes a bit beyond David Gardi and Mike Kensil deliberately leaking false info to Mortensen to satisfy their anti-Patriots agenda.

I agree we shouldn't jump to conclusions but, as you say, this is a federal investigation ongoing. IMHO, that goes a bit beyond David Gardi and Mike Kensil deliberately leaking false info to Mortensen to satisfy their anti-Patriots agenda.

I wish I could quote this for an entire page.

I'll wait to see more evidence before I start calling a teams character into question while calling the whole Cardinals organization a fraud boo hooing for asterisks. Bet Cub fans are having a field day right now. Probably explains their lack of success the last millennium. Sound familiar!

We of all teams should know better. This is exactly how hypocritical mobs start.

At the risk of being unpopular, I'm more on StLRamBringer's side at this point. We of all people should know better than to jump to conclusions at this point. Obviously I give the Feds a heck of a lot more credibility than an NFL investigation, with or without an "independent" investigator. But still, I want to see the case before I truly pass judgement. For all we know, Deadspin's source is Chris Mortensen.
yup. A few rational responses for once. Listen if its as bad as ownership giving the directive to do this, ill support any punishment the MLB hands down. But this talk about "asterisks" and taking away champs for the Astros????? Nonsense.

yup. A few rational responses for once. Listen if its as bad as ownership giving the directive to do this, ill support any punishment the MLB hands down. But this talk about "asterisks" and taking away champs for the Astros????? Nonsense.

It's bad either way. The FBI doesn't get involved over nothing. It's now a matter of degrees. They arent vacating titles or whatnot. Asterisk? Useless too. Massive fines, firings and drafts picks voided or pool money etc. Hit them hard where and how they can. Ones privacy should never be invaded and it doesn't matter who does it.

Funny, the Pats fart and it's national news. Bertrand just got on Sports Tonight and laughed it all away. What the Pats do is far worse. And to think, I used to think he was a decent dude. We are in bizarro land.

In the end, it's highly unlikely it's the difference between garbage and a top franchise like the Cardinals. A large fine is probably more appropriate if allegations end up being true depending on who and who wasn't involved. If it's a federal crime though I think people could go to jail...not sure though.

In the end, it's highly unlikely it's the difference between garbage and a top franchise like the Cardinals. A large fine is probably more appropriate if allegations end up being true depending on who and who wasn't involved. If it's a federal crime though I think people could go to jail...not sure though.

Go check someones email that you know with their password without them knowing. Let me know how that works out for you. I'm just saying its not good, but your attitudes so how Deflategate should have been dealt with. Instead it's backwards. Integrity of the game and all.

It's bad either way. The FBI doesn't get involved over nothing. It's now a matter of degrees. They arent vacating titles or whatnot. Asterisk? Useless too. Massive fines, firings and drafts picks voided or pool money etc. Hit them hard where and how they can. Ones privacy should never be invaded and it doesn't matter who does it.

Funny, the Pats fart and it's national news. Bertrand just got on Sports Tonight and laughed it all away. What the Pats do is far worse. And to think, I used to think he was a decent dude. We are in bizarro land.
Bertrand is a first-class jackass. I texted him last week and accused him of being "a Felger wannabe.". He didn't respond...

Bertrand is a first-class jackass. I texted him last week and accused him of being "a Felger wannabe.". He didn't respond...

It may be a station directive. With the exception of Zolak, they've all followed the Felger model, even if they weren't like that before getting to host. Day, night, weekday, weekend..... It doesn't matter. It's the same throughout. The only slight detour is T&R, for obvious reasons.

This isn't a garden-variety cheating or gamesmanship scandal.

These allegations, if proven, constitute a crime.

We're not talking about lost draft picks or league fines. Someone could go to jail over this.

What I'm hearing now is that a Cardinals executive migrated over to the Astros, and some cuties on the Cards' staff tried out some of his old passwords on the Astros' private computer net.

That's not a fraternity prank. That's a crime.

It may be a station directive. With the exception of Zolak, they've all followed the Felger model, even if they weren't like that before getting to host. Day, night, weekday, weekend..... It doesn't matter. It's the same throughout. The only slight detour is T&R, for obvious reasons.

Yet Merloni and Felger agreed it was way worse than the Pats. Gotta be a directive like you said. Has to be. Makes no other sense. They spent 5 mins on it during F&G and Mazz. I DVrD it just to see and hep hardly anything. Pats got 24/7.

Could be. The station, as an entity, almost seems to be baiting Kraft into retaliating, which would be playing right into their hands. As you note, Zo is the only holdout and I love him during football season, but he's a little whacky in his own way. I generally like Merloni but Benz is a troll and Faurier acts like he's in middle school. 10-2 is in unlistenable to me lately. Dale and Holley is what I wait all day for.

If all of this is proven and a crime was committed...turning their 43-21 record into 0-64 and making them ineligible for the draft next year would be a start.
Forget that. Start thinking jail time. Maybe suspended, but enough to make felon(s) out of the guilty. The fibbies and U.S. Attorney will need scalps on their wall to justify the time spent on this, especially now that it's hit the newspapers. (That's based on personal experience with one such case, and working closely with the Bureau on a few other matters since. MLB won't be calling the shots.)

Go check someones email that you know with their password without them knowing. Let me know how that works out for you.
It's worked out pretty well so far for me; I just have to hope my girlfriend doesn't find out I am doing that to her. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST