PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

VrabelJr Pre-Combine Mock Draft - Berate me! ... DT Fletcher Cox, CB Chase Minnifield

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see Tampa trading down with someone to make a LB pick like Kuechly that much more valuable.

That's a very, very possible scenario. What other suitors have the picks to move up to #5 though? It would have to be one of the teams in the 10-14 range so that Tampa can still pick Kuechly before he gets to Philly. And the team that asks for that trade would really have to be in love with Richardson, Coples, or Claiborne and I just don't see the Bills, Seahawks, Chiefs, Cowboys, or Cardinals as fitting that criteria.

edit: On second thought I could see the Cowboys trying to swap with Tampa Bay at #5. Cowboys get Claiborne, Bucs pick Kuechly at #14 right in front of Philly's face and get the Cowboys 2nd this year + future picks (maybe).

Last edited:
Looking at the other teams in this mock draft one thing that jumped out at me was Tampa Bay. You have them using two picks on skill positions on offense in the first round, but in my opinion Greg Schiano is going to focus on the other side of the ball. Their defense was horrific last year; it couldn't stop a nosebleed.

The Bucs were dead last in points allowed, rushing yards allowed, and sacks; 31st in yards per pass attempt allowed and in yards per carry allowed; and 30th in total yards allowed. I just don't see any way that the new regime will be focusing more on offense than they will be on improving the defense.

In addition to those reasons, I doubt that Schiano takes a chance on a character risk in the first round.
He needs to rid his team of the knuckleheads already on it, not add possibly one more to it.
Based on those still remaining at 17, I'd guess that TB might look seriously at one of the Alabama LBs.

Last edited:
When I fantasize this draft I think of positions rather than players. To that end I saw one mock that hit it on the money

In order of importance I would love to see the draft hit in this order

1. Interior DL - a guy who can put pressure from the middle - Fletcher Cox

2. DE/OLB - Marcilus

3. CB - A big physical guy who can come in and play press CB in the nickel p Chase Minnefield\

4. S - a big CB who has coverage skill that translates into a S who can get to the sidelines in over the top coverages - Tru Johnson

5. WR - take the best of whats available, even if we have to move up in that round - ie Joey Adams or that guy from GTech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3