PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Merriman says Jeff Fisher ordered a hit on him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
wrong. I did see the play, and your version of it is laughable self-deception.
oh, and your football team is an irrelevant bunch of immature, over-rated babies, who are a total non-factor in this league, other than for the amusement of rival fans.

Way to try to change the topic of the play in question to your opinion of the Chargers. This is called "attack the messenger" and is very transparent technique used by people when they get owned in a debate to take the focus off the real issue.

Last edited:
Was there a single thing not factual about what I just said? Merriman sent a message to VY to pay attention. It was not necessary, and is borderline dirty to "pick" a guy away from play who isn't paying attention. He basically got the exact same treatment from Fisher on the next play. It also was high and not dirty, and accomplished the same thing to Merriman...sent a message.
So... You're saying SM should have DOVE out of his way? Sorry, I don't see it that way. :cool:

Also, it's not the same treatment SM received. He was hi-lo'd 10 yards away from the ball. Oh? I forgot to add. It was also after the whistle.

I think it's possible that Fischer told his players to hurt him. I think he's dirty and so is his team.

Even though MM is an annoying attention whore, I don't think he deserved to get taken out any more than Harrison did (which I also think was done on purpose).

While the Bolts fans in this thread may be giving it their best "homer" slant, *some* of the reponses to them have been childish IMO. Sorry if that offends anyone, but it reflects on everyone, so there you have it.

Norv Turner on Merriman's prognosis:

"I'm not going to speculate, but it could be a couple of weeks."

I'm thinking Norv could use a remedial course at the Belichick Academy of Non-Speculation. :)

it's clear these posts aren't even good smacktalk and not worth responding to. They have that silly, head-in-the-sand lack of knowledge and just bizarre lack of understanding for an adult football fan. Everything thay say displays a complete denial of reality.

look, your team is astonishingly childish and are being laughed at across the nation.

on top of that, a rematch does less than concern us. it's a letdown because it's boring. your team is hopelessly bad and will be crushed if they play the pats again. go root for your super chargers and pretend they're good if it turns you on, just don't come here and expect us to buy any of the foolishness your peddling - noy happening.
oh, and I wouldn't get too hopeful for an extended playoff run, it's going to be a quick, clean death and an early exit. maybe lt and the boys will go out just as 'classy' as lasy year - LOL !!!! FREAKIN' CRYBABIES !!!!!

Another post gone astray with simple minded name calling. I seem to remember us "crushing" the Pats at Gillete a few games back. I'm pretty sure you thought that game was in the bag too. "Freakin CRYBABIES!"....youre too much. LOL.

Another post gone astray with simple minded name calling. I seem to remember us "crushing" the Pats at Gillete a few games back. I'm pretty sure you thought that game was in the bag too. "Freakin CRYBABIES!"....youre too much. LOL.

YAWN.
nothing you have to say is remotely interesting.
go watch LT pout, Rivers fail, and Merriman dance.
It'll all be over for you very soon and you can watch your highly successful padres.
your team isn't just bad at football, they are laughable human beings.
and your arguments are weak and uninteresting.
I'm done with you now. post all the candy boy responses you want.
your not interesting enough fo me to bother reading any more of your lame responses.
just know the rest of us are getting a big laugh out of your entire operation whenever we watch them displaying their problems.

YAWN.
nothing you have to say is remotely interesting.
go watch LT pout, Rivers fail, and Merriman dance.
It'll all be over for you very soon and you can watch your highly successful padres.
your team isn't just bad at football, they are laughable human beings.
and your arguments are weak and uninteresting.
I'm done with you now. post all the candy boy responses you want.
your not interesting enough fo me to bother reading any more of your lame responses.
just know the rest of us are getting a big laugh out of your entire operation whenever we watch them displaying their problems.

And yet you continue to respond. Classic. And now bringing in baseball. How are the seats from the front row? Should I start name calling Brady, Harrison, and Seau? Nah, Im not that juvenile. Try sticking to the issue.....you might gain just a hint of credibility. But then again, that ship has sailed.

Way to try to change the topic of the play in question to your opinion of the Chargers. This is called "attack the messenger" and is very transparent technique used by people when they get owned in a debate to take the focus off the real issue.

SamBam, even your fellow Pats fans recognize your feable responses. I love it.

My only question is when is Tomlinson going to call his press conference and express his displeasure about Lendale White doing the roid dance in the endzone? Is it allowed when you aren't in San Diego?

which resulted in a sprained ligament on his knee.

Has Fisher ever been THIS dirty?(assuming this is true)

Source: ESPN
This is not dirty. It was a legal hit.

When a defensive player gets in the backfield too often, the OC ought to be putting another man on him and telling the OLine to keep him out.

It was a wham block that Merriman complained about. Wham blocks are legal and a staple of the Pats to account for defensive players who get into the backfield.

Merriman used to a spaz dance after sacking a QB. He thought it was cool. So he gets hit one time and he pulls a baby LT hissy fit.

Dry your tears, Merriman. You got you knickname from putting other players lights out back when you did steroids. Now that you are off the joice and a shell of your former self, don't complain when players put YOUR lights out.

No wonder it was one of the more logical responses in this thread. :rolleyes:

Yes, lots of logic on the Chargers board.:rolleyes:

I love the logic at the start of the season that Philip Rivers would eclipse Brady this year or that the Pats offseason moves proved that they were desperate. Or there was the prediction that the Chargers would beat the Pats 9 -10 times by cry baby. How about your GM's logic where he thought that bringing in a loser of a head coach wouldn't matter because he knew the system and you guys had so much talent...yes, logical. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News