PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Merriman says Jeff Fisher ordered a hit on him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
wrong. I did see the play, and your version of it is laughable self-deception.
oh, and your football team is an irrelevant bunch of immature, over-rated babies, who are a total non-factor in this league, other than for the amusement of rival fans.

Strong comeback, I can tell you put alot of thought into it. Im sure the only team that's "relevant" are the Pats, right? Hmmm.

My version of the play is so laughable it's the same description outlined on Foxsports and ESPN.com. Dont you think that if Merriman really wanted to put a lick on an unsuspecting QB, the outcome would have been a little more dramatic? Watch the highlights again and tell me he really laid into him.

I don't think Jeff would order an actual hit on a player, but I will say that his reaction to Rodney Harrison's injury last year completely pissed me off. The guy was on the sideline smiling, and laughing as Rodney's on the ground in tremendous pain.

How about a "bounty" then? The Titans play pretty dirty on defense. I'm not really suprised this accusation was leveled at them. I remember they ended Rodney's season in a meaningless game 17 just because they could. That really sucked.

wrong. I did see the play, and your version of it is laughable self-deception.
oh, and your football team is an irrelevant bunch of immature, over-rated babies, who are a total non-factor in this league, other than for the amusement of rival fans.
Well? All things considered, I guess any long time pats fan would know. :cool:

The accusations are laughable. I hate the Titans as much as the next guy, but both blocks were completely legal. Maybe if Merriman had been paying attention to something other than rushing the quarterback he wouldn't have been thrown down like a little girl and then cried about his booboo later.

Strong comeback, I can tell you put alot of thought into it. Im sure the only team that's "relevant" are the Pats, right? Hmmm.

My version of the play is so laughable it's the same description outlined on Foxsports and ESPN.com. Dont you think that if Merriman really wanted to put a lick on an unsuspecting QB, the outcome would have been a little more dramatic? Watch the highlights again and tell me he really laid into him.

no, there's plenty of relevant teams, your's is just not close to being one of them. silly logic there, no surprise.
I saw the play. I know he decided to hit him when he wasn't expecting it. I have no interest in your defense of him.

The accusations are laughable. I hate the Titans as much as the next guy, but both blocks were completely legal. Maybe if Merriman had been paying attention to something other than rushing the quarterback he wouldn't have been thrown down like a little girl and then cried about his booboo later.

the titans absolutely went after him. and I'm glad. he deserves it.

no, there's plenty of relevant teams, your's is just not close to being one of them. silly logic there, no surprise.
I saw the play. I know he decided to hit him when he wasn't expecting it. I have no interest in your defense of him.

For the third time, he was coming off a block. Ignorance really is bliss, I suppose. And by the way, there's a very good chance the Pats will be facing us in the postseason, so how does that make us irrelevant? If it's the playoffs and youre playing a team (no matter what team).....they're relevant. All of your glorious stats and Brady babies in the world wont mean a thing come the postseason.

the titans absolutely went after him. and I'm glad. he deserves it.
if by "went after" him you mean, make sure they block a certain pass rusher, no sh*t. He can't take the fact that when he gets blocked he folds like a pansy. Jones-Drew did it in their game too. Both blocks were hard hitting legal blocks. that's what football is all about.

For the third time, he was coming off a block. Ignorance really is bliss, I suppose. And by the way, there's a very good chance the Pats will be facing us in the postseason, so how does that make us irrelevant? If it's the playoffs and youre playing a team (no matter what team).....they're relevant. All of your glorious stats and Brady babies in the world wont mean a thing come the postseason.

what are you 7 ?
I gotta explain to you why your irrelevant?
god.
your irrelevant because your not a factor in the discussion of which teams have a shot at making a superbowl run. your team is a farce and barely and luckily pulled out a win against the titans yesterday, while acting like little children, pouting on the sidlines and not talking to each other - for the whole nation to laugh at.
your screwed having norv turner for a coach. totally screwed. you'll never win a thing with him in charge. and your quarterback looks just pathetic.
other than that, go bolts! LOL !!

what are you 7 ?
god.
your irrelevant because your not a factor in the discussion of which teams have a shot at making a superbowl run. your team is a farce and barely and luckily pulled out a win against the titans yesterday, while acting like little children, pouting on the sidlines and not talking to each other - for the whole nation to laugh at.
your screwed having norv turner for a coach. totally screwed. you'll never win a thing with him in charge. and your quarterback looks just pathetic.

And your team didnt get lucky winning against Baltimore?? What a joke!! Did you ever think that your precious Pats have internal issues as well? You think they're perfect inside and out? There's a term Im sure you've heard. "Winning cures all." Seeing that the Pats are without a loss (for the time being), there isnt much to complain about right? You're hopelessly afflicted with "holier than thou disease." Since you've already written us off, all the better come the postseason. Trust me, we'll be looking forward to a rematch.

what are you 7 ?
god.
This is an absurd post. How long have you been a pats fan? Working with the BB TB era, have you never seen a pat jawing on the sideline? What are you implying? The Chargers were just crying on the sidelines? Think about it before you respond.

Saw a replay again on TIVO. You are delusional. He came off a block and could have avoided VY easily since it was away from the play. Instead, he stiffened up in a position to give a pick in basketball and let VY collide into him. You ever been picked in bball? It hurts. The play was clean, but also purposeful. The Titans blocks were hard and purposeful as well. I hate the Titans and think they are by far the dirtiest team out there so if they indeed injured Merriman on purpose, Fisher should get suspended.

This is an absurd post. How long have you been a pats fan? Working with the BB TB era, have you never seen a pat jawing on the sideline? What are you implying? The Chargers were just crying on the sidelines? Think about it before you respond.

Shawn Merrimen is a loud mouth punk. Norv Turner is a horrible coach. LT is a crybaby , and Rivers is a bum.

I've got nothing against Jeff Fisher. I doubt he ordered a "hit". It's a physical game played at high speed. People get hurt. People make mistakes. Get on with it.

it's clear these posts aren't even good smacktalk and not worth responding to. They have that silly, head-in-the-sand lack of knowledge and just bizarre lack of understanding for an adult football fan. Everything thay say displays a complete denial of reality.

look, your team is astonishingly childish and are being laughed at across the nation.

on top of that, a rematch does less than concern us. it's a letdown because it's boring. your team is hopelessly bad and will be crushed if they play the pats again. go root for your super chargers and pretend they're good if it turns you on, just don't come here and expect us to buy any of the foolishness your peddling - noy happening.
oh, and I wouldn't get too hopeful for an extended playoff run, it's going to be a quick, clean death and an early exit. maybe lt and the boys will go out just as 'classy' as lasy year - LOL !!!! FREAKIN' CRYBABIES !!!!!

Shawn Merrimen is a loud mouth punk. Norv Turner is a horrible coach. LT is a crybaby , and Rivers is a bum.
Nice retort. Way to address the subject at hand. Can't wait to hear more from you.
:rolleyes:

Saw a replay again on TIVO. You are delusional. He came off a block and could have avoided VY easily since it was away from the play. Instead, he stiffened up in a position to give a pick in basketball and let VY collide into him. You ever been picked in bball? It hurts. The play was clean, but also purposeful. The Titans blocks were hard and purposeful as well. I hate the Titans and think they are by far the dirtiest team out there so if they indeed injured Merriman on purpose, Fisher should get suspended.
I think you're skirting the truth but, what would you have had him do?

can't stand merriman, can't stand fisher. not surprised they're linked. fisher's teams are dirty and merriman's a crybaby. two peas in a pod as far as i'm concerned.

Come on. Shawn Merriman is a loud-mouth, me, me, me guy. He gets hurt, so of course he must assume that since he is so incredibly great the other team had a plan that they must injure him.
Go stick another needle in your @$$ Merriman. This time instead of roids, make it something that prevents you from doing childish celebration dances, and openin gyour mouth in front of more than 1 other person,.

A big Ditto!!

I think you're skirting the truth but, what would you have had him do?

Was there a single thing not factual about what I just said? Merriman sent a message to VY to pay attention. It was not necessary, and is borderline dirty to "pick" a guy away from play who isn't paying attention. He basically got the exact same treatment from Fisher on the next play. It also was high and not dirty, and accomplished the same thing to Merriman...sent a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News