PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Mark Buehrle wished injury on Vick

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you'd rather a human die than a dog? I never justified what Vick did, I respect life in all its forms, but this Buehrle guy is a lowlife piece of **** for wishing a career-ending injury on another human being; Vick didn't murder anybody (not justifying what he did, just saying; some crimes are worse than others).

And, you clearly do not understand Karma. For you, Karma is a football player getting injured for killing dogs, or something like that. You have NO right to say Karma doesn't exist like an ignorant fu-ck when you don't understand what Karma really is :)

First of all, in the few posts I have on this thread, I never stated that I do not believe Karma exists. I think it does - and it is directly tied into the theory of reincarnation.
Religions that believe in both say that one's Karma (good and bad) is accumulated through life and based on that, you may reincarnated into a certain life form...human or non-human.
So, I do think human life is more sacred than a dog's, but one can make the argument that taking life (which Vick did whether his plea says or not) of any form is the worst form of Karma.
Now Vick returns to be celebrated as a "come back player" and make millions of dollars while dogs were raped and murdered under his direct order just doesn't seem to be a "tit-for-tat" karmic exchange...but you may beg to differ than this "ignorant fu-ck."

So did the victims of 9/11 and the Holocaust have it coming to them? Due to "karma"?

James Harrison beat the **** out of his girlfriend then had one of the biggest plays in SB history in 2008. Was that karma?

Karma isn't real.

You're posting in a sports forum where most believe in superstition vs science

I'm sorry - did I actually say I believe Vick is rehabilitated in my post? I don't think so. I said the opinion isn't exactly newsworthy considering the source. An animal rights activist hates Vick - news at 11.

This is a fiercely political issue, and it has little to do with Vick. You have no idea if the man is changed/rehabilitated, and neither do I unless you have attained omniscience. You would be a "fool" to claim it isn't possible to rehabilitate with little knowledge of the man or the culture he grew up in. As with alcoholics, occasionally "rock bottom" does cause people to see the error of their ways. There is an ex-con/former failed bank robber now writing briefs few lawyers could draft for an elite appellate group of attorneys who argue before the Supreme Court after winning his own appellate arguments. He screwed up big time, but learned from his mistakes and now earns an honest living.

The only 'facts' you know in Vick's case are the positive and negative spin put on his story by the sides to this story published in the media - redemption or villain, Obama or PETA. People make plenty of mistakes, and some actually learn from them. Did Vick? Who the hell knows. What I do know is that unless you are Vick or close to Vick, you certainly don't and neither does anybody else similarly situated. You just read the crap spoon fed to you by the media and choose to believe one version or another.

I grew up with plenty of pets and think little of people who are cruel to animals. But the self-righteous looking to pillory this guy for life hopefully have never met a person who has spent a day and jail that has not been written off forever, and hopefully believe anyone in the criminal justice system deserves to die because that person has no place in civilized society regardless of what he or she does to change.

In my opinion, if Vick turns his life around and actually does something positive in this world, then that's awesome. If not, then he deserves what he gets as a result. At this point, the verdict is still out on whether he is still a thug or whether he learned his lesson. What you claim as 'handlers' may be real change, or it could be PR to tide him over until he is in the clear and free of criminal implication with a big contract in hand. I don't claim to know what the deal is right now.

And there is a culture in which dog-fighting is accepted, just like bull-fighting, an equally brutal and cruel sport, is accepted/cheered in Mexico. What one person views as a fluffy pet is another person's working animal. If you can't grasp that, that different groups recognize different norms, for good or for bad, then you live in a tower far from society. Sometimes education changes the perceptions of those groups recognizing unacceptable norms, and other times it doesn't.

Until we know for sure, until he slips up to the great satisfaction of many, then the people harboring an ever-burning hatred for the man must live under the misapprehension that for every moment spent not hating the guy, a puppy dies somewhere in the world. Hopefully they have the same opinion of every NFL player convicted of harming a person or they have a pretty whacked sense of personal values.

Nice post MassPat38.

I'm sorry - did I actually say I believe Vick is rehabilitated in my post? I don't think so. I said the opinion isn't exactly newsworthy considering the source. An animal rights activist hates Vick - news at 11.

This is a fiercely political issue, and it has little to do with Vick. You have no idea if the man is changed/rehabilitated, and neither do I unless you have attained omniscience. You would be a "fool" to claim it isn't possible to rehabilitate with little knowledge of the man or the culture he grew up in. As with alcoholics, occasionally "rock bottom" does cause people to see the error of their ways. There is an ex-con/former failed bank robber now writing briefs few lawyers could draft for an elite appellate group of attorneys who argue before the Supreme Court after winning his own appellate arguments. He screwed up big time, but learned from his mistakes and now earns an honest living.

The only 'facts' you know in Vick's case are the positive and negative spin put on his story by the sides to this story published in the media - redemption or villain, Obama or PETA. People make plenty of mistakes, and some actually learn from them. Did Vick? Who the hell knows. What I do know is that unless you are Vick or close to Vick, you certainly don't and neither does anybody else similarly situated. You just read the crap spoon fed to you by the media and choose to believe one version or another.

I grew up with plenty of pets and think little of people who are cruel to animals. But the self-righteous looking to pillory this guy for life hopefully have never met a person who has spent a day and jail that has not been written off forever, and hopefully believe anyone in the criminal justice system deserves to die because that person has no place in civilized society regardless of what he or she does to change.

In my opinion, if Vick turns his life around and actually does something positive in this world, then that's awesome. If not, then he deserves what he gets as a result. At this point, the verdict is still out on whether he is still a thug or whether he learned his lesson. What you claim as 'handlers' may be real change, or it could be PR to tide him over until he is in the clear and free of criminal implication with a big contract in hand. I don't claim to know what the deal is right now.

And there is a culture in which dog-fighting is accepted, just like bull-fighting, an equally brutal and cruel sport, is accepted/cheered in Mexico. What one person views as a fluffy pet is another person's working animal. If you can't grasp that, that different groups recognize different norms, for good or for bad, then you live in a tower far from society. Sometimes education changes the perceptions of those groups recognizing unacceptable norms, and other times it doesn't.

Until we know for sure, until he slips up to the great satisfaction of many, then the people harboring an ever-burning hatred for the man must live under the misapprehension that for every moment spent not hating the guy, a puppy dies somewhere in the world. Hopefully they have the same opinion of every NFL player convicted of harming a person or they have a pretty whacked sense of personal values.
Food for thought. Well-done.

fitting justice would be for Ron Mexico to go on vacation in Puerto Vallarta and be set upon by a pack of rabid chihuahuas...

Untitled-1.gif

souls in animals? i hate seeing animals suffer but i llaugh at that thinking

probably the same way atheists laugh at christians

Animals most certainly do have souls. And they're definitely blessed not to have religion or atheism to squabble over.

Last edited:
First of all, in the few posts I have on this thread, I never stated that I do not believe Karma exists. I think it does - and it is directly tied into the theory of reincarnation.
Religions that believe in both say that one's Karma (good and bad) is accumulated through life and based on that, you may reincarnated into a certain life form...human or non-human.
So, I do think human life is more sacred than a dog's, but one can make the argument that taking life (which Vick did whether his plea says or not) of any form is the worst form of Karma.
Now Vick returns to be celebrated as a "come back player" and make millions of dollars while dogs were raped and murdered under his direct order just doesn't seem to be a "tit-for-tat" karmic exchange...but you may beg to differ than this "ignorant fu-ck."

Well, it just annoys me when people use karma in that sense. And we can argue forever about Vick. I never justified what he did, but many people have done worse and been treated better for it (Ray Lewis, arguable James Harrison).

I have no issue with anyone wishing injury on Vick, as I did the same this season and will continue to do so in the future. Vick served his time according to the laws and I have no problem with him playing football or earning a living going forward. That doesn't change the fact that I think he's an awful person who was borderline psychopathic in his torture of animals. This wasn't only putting dogs into a ring to fight, this was him personally murdering animals in a sadistic way.

More details of Michael Vick's abuse of dogs revealed as he faces state charges - ESPN

Vick, Peace and Phillips hung approximately three dogs who did not perform well in a "rolling session," which indicates the readiness of a dog to fight. According to the report, the three men hung the dogs "by placing a nylon cord over a 2 X 4 that was nailed to two trees located next to the big shed. They also drowned approximately three dogs by putting the dogs' heads in a five gallon bucket of water."

I understand that people have forgiven him and I hope he is truely a better person now than he used to be. Some people, myself included, will never forgive him for the way he tortured and murdered defenseless animals. There are certainly worse people in the world than Vick but that doesn't mean he isn't still a horrible person.

What some people fail MISERABLY about with Vick in thier positive opinions about him was that there is one fact and one fact only...

He was CAUGHT doing this illegal and immoral activity....once again he was CAUGHT doing this ...It wasn't like he just threw his hands up in the air at the Virginia Police Station and said,"Arrest me I am a Dog Killer"

If it were not for the investigation, Mike would STILL be killing dogs and lowering the count on Pit Bulls alive in the USA

The man is only sorry IMO because ....

A) He is once again making millions of dollars,if he had said he was not sorry and loved the money he made on dog killing he would be selling Pencils out of a cup in front of KMart right now.

There is NO B)

The mans a dog killer and a bum....case closed.

What some people fail MISERABLY about with Vick in thier positive opinions about him was that there is one fact and one fact only...

He was CAUGHT doing this illegal and immoral activity....once again he was CAUGHT doing this ...It wasn't like he just threw his hands up in the air at the Virginia Police Station and said,"Arrest me I am a Dog Killer"

If it were not for the investigation, Mike would STILL be killing dogs and lowering the count on Pit Bulls alive in the USA

The man is only sorry IMO because ....

A) He is once again making millions of dollars,if he had said he was not sorry and loved the money he made on dog killing he would be selling Pencils out of a cup in front of KMart right now.

There is NO B)

The mans a dog killer and a bum....case closed.

But ... But how could that be? According to people like MassPats38, poor Michael was an unfortunate victim of conflicting societal/cultural norms. :rolleyes: Beyond that, we shouldn't have an opinion on this topic because (A). we're not from Michael's 'hood and (B). all we know is what's been spoon-fed us by the media. :eek:

You sure take the long way around a horse's hind end to make a point ... whatever the hell it is you're trying to attach some measured "wisdom" to. But once you've finished examining every tree in the forest for the sake of fairness and accuracy, you might want to chance a gander at the bigger picture, which really ain't that hard to suss out even from my socially remote perch, as you so (in)delicately put it. Go ahead and give poor beleaguered, victimized Michael the benefit of a doubt if you want to, but spare me your nonsense about conflicting societal norms, etc., etc. You're either just righteously naive or ... No, you're just righteously naive. We'll leave it at that.

That was spelled out in exacting detail because you somehow read a short post that had nothing to do with the proposition you offered as a 'reply'. Your failure to discern a message in a short post required greater explanation. Others seem to have understood the message you consider winding, so I will leave it at that in terms of clarity. In terms of indelicate, calling others a 'fool' is not exactly flattering, so try not to whimper when it draws a pointed response.

And point of fact, I am not a Vick fan and make that point fairly clear. If you truly believe you have a genuine sense of the "bigger picture," that your piercing gaze can see into the very soul of some other human being you have never met to ascertain who is and who is not worthy based on what you hear in second, third, fourth or more -hand information, then it is pointless to discuss it. Your opinion appears to be no more than the ever enlightened "I calls 'em as I sees 'em" you would anticipate hearing from Old Man River who has never ventured out of his little town to see a bigger world, and frankly I will not waste another moment of my time debating or explaining how that view is narrow-minded. No topic I mentioned cannot be found in the library or online under anthropology, sociology or jurisprudence. As such, characterization as 'naive' by someone who apparently hasn't bothered to crack a book or see the world to the small extent necessary to understand the basic proposition people may be different than they are and think differently than they do is actually flattering.

That was spelled out in exacting detail because you somehow read a short post that had nothing to do with the proposition you offered as a 'reply'. Your failure to discern a message in a short post required greater explanation. Others seem to have understood the message you consider winding, so I will leave it at that in terms of clarity. In terms of indelicate, calling others a 'fool' is not exactly flattering, so try not to whimper when it draws a pointed response.

And point of fact, I am not a Vick fan and make that point fairly clear. If you truly believe you have a genuine sense of the "bigger picture," that your piercing gaze can see into the very soul of some other human being you have never met to ascertain who is and who is not worthy based on what you hear in second, third, fourth or more -hand information, then it is pointless to discuss it. Your opinion appears to be no more than the ever enlightened "I calls 'em as I sees 'em" you would anticipate hearing from Old Man River who has never ventured out of his little town to see a bigger world, and frankly I will not waste another moment of my time debating or explaining how that view is narrow-minded. No topic I mentioned cannot be found in the library or online under anthropology, sociology or jurisprudence. As such, characterization as 'naive' by someone who apparently hasn't bothered to crack a book or see the world to the small extent necessary to understand the basic proposition people may be different than they are and think differently than they do is actually flattering.

Lordy, you are one pompous twit. We should all be as magnanimously objective and non-judgmental as you purport to be, but I'm not buying it. Your haughty idealism appears less grounded in real-world experience than whatever academic tomes helped shape that "learned perspective" for which you're so indebted to the local book repository. Put the library card down and step away. You're as naive as it gets.

So you'd rather a human die than a dog? I never justified what Vick did, I respect life in all its forms, but this Buehrle guy is a lowlife piece of **** for wishing a career-ending injury on another human being; Vick didn't murder anybody (not justifying what he did, just saying; some crimes are worse than others).

And, you clearly do not understand Karma. For you, Karma is a football player getting injured for killing dogs, or something like that. You have NO right to say Karma doesn't exist like an ignorant fu-ck when you don't understand what Karma really is :)

You sound like an idiot. "You have no right to say Karma doesn't exist"??? Are you serious. You know Karma??? Just like some people "know" that Christianity is the only path to salvation and other people "know" that Christians are the enemy....Some people might say that they "know" that all life is actually equal and although humans think that their lives are much more important that any other forms of life, they are not any more important (except to themselves...)

Well, maybe Buehrle's wishes came true as Vick cancels his appearance on Oprah next week?
I think a successful appearance on Oprah would have done wonders to help his persona with a segment of the population that is most critical of Vick...and Oprah can make anyone's life/career. Too bad for Vick he backed out after "careful consideration."
I wished he carefully considered his actions before going on a K9 killing spree.

I think a successful appearance on Oprah would have done wonders to help his persona with a segment of the population that is most critical of Vick...and Oprah can make anyone's life/career.

I'm so sick of this nonsense. Vick is not a politician or any kind of public servant, he's a convicted felon who plays a game. If he put as much energy and time into genuinely (and quietly) rehabbing himself vs. rehabbing his image, he'd earn more respect.

I'm so sick of this nonsense. Vick is not a politician or any kind of public servant, he's a convicted felon who plays a game. If he put as much energy and time into genuinely (and quietly) rehabbing himself vs. rehabbing his image, he'd earn more respect.

I could not agree more. But the truth is, he probably is not rehabbed and his image just got a $20M boost with the franchise tag.
I think the scumbag decided that he'd get exposed by Oprah and it's better to pocket the money, play well...and get $100 contract the following years.
So much for "karma.":rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back