PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Mark Buehrle wished injury on Vick

Status
Not open for further replies.
What vick did was horrible, there's no denying that, but wishing injury on someone is just plain wrong IMO. Karma, ladies and gentlemen, karma is real.

this ^

plus , there's nothing wrong with forgiveness

peta people would rather people die, than animals anyway though

they're weird pieces of **** in their own way

Last edited:
I love dogs. My yellow lab is quite possibly my best friend, and I have a rescue dog that I'm currently fostering.

That said, wtf people? Wishing career ending injury on a guy because he had terrible judgment in his youth and was the product of an ignorant culture is... well, ignorant as hell in its own right. He seems to be trying to make amends, and he's in a position where he can and is trying to bring a ton of visibility to the issue. Why not let him?

Strange that people are infinitely more outraged by Vick than they are by, say, Leonard Little.

Last edited:
So did the victims of 9/11 and the Holocaust have it coming to them? Due to "karma"?

James Harrison beat the **** out of his girlfriend then had one of the biggest plays in SB history in 2008. Was that karma?

Karma isn't real.

You clearly don't understand Karma in the spiritual sense, so shut up.

I hate Vick for what he did, but wishing injury on a player is just plain wrong, any way you look at it. This guy is a piece of sh-it scumbag.

Wow, "BS"94...the words in your post are blindingly enlightened with spirituality. Teach me more.
Vick is scum and I hope he gets carjacked tonight.

What vick did was horrible, there's no denying that, but wishing injury on someone is just plain wrong IMO. Karma, ladies and gentlemen, karma is real.

Too bad Karma did not pay Mr Vick a visit.

Look what happened to this clown.

This is my favorite story of the year, until I read that Benji ripped off Mr Vick's
Johnson.

Then again.... I would not want Benji to catch Herpes from Ron Mexico.

http://www.mywesttexas.com/article_6f654436-33aa-11e0-9161-001cc4c002e0.html

DELANO, Calif. — A Central California man who was at a ****fight died after being stabbed in the leg by a bird that had a knife attached to its own limb, officials confirmed Monday.

Jose Luis Ochoa, 35, of Lamont, was declared dead at a hospital about two hours after he was injured in neighboring Tulare County on Jan. 30, the Kern County coroner said.

An autopsy concluded Ochoa died of an accidental "sharp force injury" to his right calf.

Last edited:
Buehrle is identified as an animal rights activist. I am sure his views are right in step with the views of PETA, which would likely celebrate if a defensive lineman tore Vick's head from his neck. I suspect many rabid animal enthusiasts would love to see Vick suffer more and do not accept that he will ever do enough to atone for his crimes. Not exactly a news flash once you see "animal rights activist" in the article.

Anyone who really believes Vick is "rehabilitated," a "changed man" or deserves forgiveness because he "paid his debt to society" is a fool. Vick is a soulless ATM machine guided and enabled by his handlers. The sooner he's out of the league the better.

this ^

plus , there's nothing wrong with forgiveness

peta people would rather people die, than animals anyway though

they're weird pieces of **** in their own way

I have a colleague who is PETA supporter and her reasoning is that loss of life of any form is tragic. To her, Vick took lives and injured souls and no amount of jail time makes up for that.

If Buehrle gets mauled by a dog tomorrow, I'd have a hard time believing karma doesn't exist.

Wow, "BS"94...the words in your post are blindingly enlightened with spirituality. Teach me more.
Vick is scum and I hope he gets carjacked tonight.

So you'd rather a human die than a dog? I never justified what Vick did, I respect life in all its forms, but this Buehrle guy is a lowlife piece of **** for wishing a career-ending injury on another human being; Vick didn't murder anybody (not justifying what he did, just saying; some crimes are worse than others).

And, you clearly do not understand Karma. For you, Karma is a football player getting injured for killing dogs, or something like that. You have NO right to say Karma doesn't exist like an ignorant fu-ck when you don't understand what Karma really is :)

Karma?????

let's ask THE expert....

Culture-Club-Karma-Chameleon-310195.jpg

Anyone who really believes Vick is "rehabilitated," a "changed man" or deserves forgiveness because he "paid his debt to society" is a fool. Vick is a soulless ATM machine guided and enabled by his handlers. The sooner he's out of the league the better.

I'm sorry - did I actually say I believe Vick is rehabilitated in my post? I don't think so. I said the opinion isn't exactly newsworthy considering the source. An animal rights activist hates Vick - news at 11.

This is a fiercely political issue, and it has little to do with Vick. You have no idea if the man is changed/rehabilitated, and neither do I unless you have attained omniscience. You would be a "fool" to claim it isn't possible to rehabilitate with little knowledge of the man or the culture he grew up in. As with alcoholics, occasionally "rock bottom" does cause people to see the error of their ways. There is an ex-con/former failed bank robber now writing briefs few lawyers could draft for an elite appellate group of attorneys who argue before the Supreme Court after winning his own appellate arguments. He screwed up big time, but learned from his mistakes and now earns an honest living.

The only 'facts' you know in Vick's case are the positive and negative spin put on his story by the sides to this story published in the media - redemption or villain, Obama or PETA. People make plenty of mistakes, and some actually learn from them. Did Vick? Who the hell knows. What I do know is that unless you are Vick or close to Vick, you certainly don't and neither does anybody else similarly situated. You just read the crap spoon fed to you by the media and choose to believe one version or another.

I grew up with plenty of pets and think little of people who are cruel to animals. But the self-righteous looking to pillory this guy for life hopefully have never met a person who has spent a day and jail that has not been written off forever, and hopefully believe anyone in the criminal justice system deserves to die because that person has no place in civilized society regardless of what he or she does to change.

In my opinion, if Vick turns his life around and actually does something positive in this world, then that's awesome. If not, then he deserves what he gets as a result. At this point, the verdict is still out on whether he is still a thug or whether he learned his lesson. What you claim as 'handlers' may be real change, or it could be PR to tide him over until he is in the clear and free of criminal implication with a big contract in hand. I don't claim to know what the deal is right now.

And there is a culture in which dog-fighting is accepted, just like bull-fighting, an equally brutal and cruel sport, is accepted/cheered in Mexico. What one person views as a fluffy pet is another person's working animal. If you can't grasp that, that different groups recognize different norms, for good or for bad, then you live in a tower far from society. Sometimes education changes the perceptions of those groups recognizing unacceptable norms, and other times it doesn't.

Until we know for sure, until he slips up to the great satisfaction of many, then the people harboring an ever-burning hatred for the man must live under the misapprehension that for every moment spent not hating the guy, a puppy dies somewhere in the world. Hopefully they have the same opinion of every NFL player convicted of harming a person or they have a pretty whacked sense of personal values.

Last edited:
uh...minor point here...Vick was convicted and did time for a RICO violation...he was never adjudicated for dog killing

uh...minor point here...Vick was convicted and did time for a RICO violation...he was never adjudicated for dog killing

Charged with RICO in his indictment, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to interstate travel in furtherance of an unlawful activity with a factual basis of dog killing. Here is his plea agreement and the admitted facts.

Last edited:

Each of the state felony counts against Vick was punishable by up to five years in jail. Vick pleaded guilty to one count of promoting dogfighting and not guilty to a count that involved animal cruelty, under the plea deal.

Vick pled guilty to FIGHTING dogs...not to animal cruelty(killing them)..to that he pled not guilty and was adjudicated such in the plea agreement

Last edited:
As LeBum once said "Karma is a beech."

fitting justice would be for Ron Mexico to go on vacation in Puerto Vallarta and be set upon by a pack of rabid chihuahuas...

I think a few of you are going too far with the "never wish injury upon a player" line. Never? really? If a guy is a likely murderer or rapist, it's not OK to wish career ending injury upon them? Why, because their ability to make millions of dollars playing a sport that entertains us is sancrosanct?

(If you think Vick paid his dues, or that his crime wasn't so serious, fine -- that's a different argument.)

I'm sorry - did I actually say I believe Vick is rehabilitated in my post? I don't think so. I said the opinion isn't exactly newsworthy considering the source. An animal rights activist hates Vick - news at 11.

This is a fiercely political issue, and it has little to do with Vick. You have no idea if the man is changed/rehabilitated, and neither do I unless you have attained omniscience. You would be a "fool" to claim it isn't possible to rehabilitate with little knowledge of the man or the culture he grew up in. As with alcoholics, occasionally "rock bottom" does cause people to see the error of their ways. There is an ex-con/former failed bank robber now writing briefs few lawyers could draft for an elite appellate group of attorneys who argue before the Supreme Court after winning his own appellate arguments. He screwed up big time, but learned from his mistakes and now earns an honest living.

The only 'facts' you know in Vick's case are the positive and negative spin put on his story by the sides to this story published in the media - redemption or villain, Obama or PETA. People make plenty of mistakes, and some actually learn from them. Did Vick? Who the hell knows. What I do know is that unless you are Vick or close to Vick, you certainly don't and neither does anybody else similarly situated. You just read the crap spoon fed to you by the media and choose to believe one version or another.

I grew up with plenty of pets and think little of people who are cruel to animals. But the self-righteous looking to pillory this guy for life hopefully have never met a person who has spent a day and jail that has not been written off forever, and hopefully believe anyone in the criminal justice system deserves to die because that person has no place in civilized society regardless of what he or she does to change.

In my opinion, if Vick turns his life around and actually does something positive in this world, then that's awesome. If not, then he deserves what he gets as a result. At this point, the verdict is still out on whether he is still a thug or whether he learned his lesson. What you claim as 'handlers' may be real change, or it could be PR to tide him over until he is in the clear and free of criminal implication with a big contract in hand. I don't claim to know what the deal is right now.

And there is a culture in which dog-fighting is accepted, just like bull-fighting, an equally brutal and cruel sport, is accepted/cheered in Mexico. What one person views as a fluffy pet is another person's working animal. If you can't grasp that, that different groups recognize different norms, for good or for bad, then you live in a tower far from society. Sometimes education changes the perceptions of those groups recognizing unacceptable norms, and other times it doesn't.

Until we know for sure, until he slips up to the great satisfaction of many, then the people harboring an ever-burning hatred for the man must live under the misapprehension that for every moment spent not hating the guy, a puppy dies somewhere in the world. Hopefully they have the same opinion of every NFL player convicted of harming a person or they have a pretty whacked sense of personal values.

You sure take the long way around a horse's hind end to make a point ... whatever the hell it is you're trying to attach some measured "wisdom" to. But once you've finished examining every tree in the forest for the sake of fairness and accuracy, you might want to chance a gander at the bigger picture, which really ain't that hard to suss out even from my socially remote perch, as you so (in)delicately put it. Go ahead and give poor beleaguered, victimized Michael the benefit of a doubt if you want to, but spare me your nonsense about conflicting societal norms, etc., etc. You're either just righteously naive or ... No, you're just righteously naive. We'll leave it at that.

I have a colleague who is PETA supporter and her reasoning is that loss of life of any form is tragic. To her, Vick took lives and injured souls and no amount of jail time makes up for that.

souls in animals? i hate seeing animals suffer but i llaugh at that thinking

probably the same way atheists laugh at christians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back