Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by BadMoFo, Jan 4, 2010.
Response to Florio (not OP):
We've seen the #6 seed win it all before. We all know the Jets have a good defense. Nothing to see here.
Yeah, they played a 2nd string club in Indianapolis with a 3rd string QB. Only winning by 14. Beat a non motivated team last night with nothing to play for. They are nothing special
Anything can happen, but let's not read too much into this. The Jets wouldn't even be in the playoffs if both teams they faced the last two weeks laid down for them.
Likewise, they could also not be dangerous in the playoffs.
What's the news here? The Jets are in the Playoffs. We might chuckle about how they got there, but they are there. They have the top rated D in the league and the top rated Running Offense.
As Pats fans, we know very well what a Number Six seed can do. So, yes, of course they "could be dangerous." They might well "be dangerous."
We have to take care of our own business first, though.
The Jets have one of the best defenses I have seen for the past few years ....and that is WITHOUT Jenkins in the mix.
Reminds me of the 2000 Ravens,so yes the Jets look pretty good going into the playoffs.
The Jets have the #1 defense and #1 running game in the league, they should be dangerous. Only because their QB sucks is the reason why they had to sweat it out to make the playoffs.
It would be awesome if they beat the Bengals, then beat Indy and meet us in the AFCCG in Gillette.
The Jets could end up being dangerous in the playoffs, but if I am a Jets fan, I fear that the game might be placed in Sanchez's hands. I thought it was hilarious that he was praised for his mediocre performance against Indy (mostly against back ups) where he threw for 163 yards and no TDs or INTs.
I am sure that the Jets will need to rely on him more than last night where the Bengals didn't even seem to want to try to stop the run and rested two starting d-linemen. If they get past the Bengals, they will definitely need him to make plays against either the Colts or Chargers. The last time the Jets needed to rely on Sanchez, he threw one TD and 3 INTs.
Jets have some nice pieces. Heck, they may beat Cinci.
But with a rookie QB I just don't like their chances to go deep in the postseason.
Especially a rookie QB who in the second half of the season has throw 4 TD passes and 10 picks. Probably would have been much more picks if the Jets needed him to throw more than 19 times in either of the last two games.
LOL, Jets fans are so pathetic. Check out the tags to this one. Pretty much explains who has been making the tags the past couple of days.
Here's what happened in 1969, the first and last time the Jets appeared in a Super Bowl...
1. January 10 â€“ The Soviet Union launches Venera 6 toward Venus.
2. January 12 â€“ Led Zeppelin I, Led Zeppelin's first studio recorded album, is released.
3. January 30 â€“ The Beatles give their last public performance, on the roof of Apple Records. The impromptu concert was broken up by the police.
4. March 10 â€“ The novel The Godfather (novel) by Mario Puzo is published.
- Take note that this is the NOVEL, not the movie. :rofl:
5. May 10 â€“ The Battle of Dong Ap Bia, also known as Hamburger Hill, begins during the Vietnam War.
6. May 26 â€“ Apollo program: Apollo 10 returns to Earth, after a successful 8-day test of all the components needed for the upcoming first manned Moon landing.
7. June 3- British singer Elton John releases his first album, Empty Sky, in the United Kingdom
8. July 25 â€“ Vietnam War: U.S. President Richard Nixon declares the Nixon Doctrine, stating that the United States now expects its Asian allies to take care of their own military defense. This starts the "Vietnamization" of the war.
9. August 9 â€“ Members of a cult led by Charles Manson murder Sharon Tate, (who was 8 months pregnant), and her friends: Folgers coffee heiress Abigail Folger, Wojciech Frykowski, and Hollywood hairstylist Jay Sebring at Roman Polanski's home in Los Angeles, California. Also killed was Steven Parent, leaving from a visit to the Polanskis' caretaker. More than 100 stab wounds are found on the victims, except for Parent, who had been shot almost as soon as the Manson Family entered the property
10. September 2 â€“ The first automatic teller machine in the United States is installed in Rockville Centre, New York.
In the end, take one look at Mark Sanchez and you'll know why the Jets are NOT going to be dangerous in the playoffs.
How is it decided who plays Indy and who plays SD in the next round?
Lowest seed remaining plays #1 seed- Indy
Their rookie QB is playing lights out, easy with a great running game and a strong line.
How did we beat these guys again?
I'm starting to think of the worst team to lose to in the playoffs, assuming we don't win it all.
I think the Jets and the Colts are #1 and #2.
If the Jets win they play Indy
If the Ravens win they play Indy unless the Ravens and Jets BOTH win then the Ravens play SD and the Jets still play Indy.
I can't see the Jets playing SD under any circumstances unless I am missing something.
Doesn't matter who ws president last time the jets won it all. And they don't have to win it all, just beat the pats for it to be a nightmare scenario.
In 2000 the Pats had never won, so therefore they were even less likely than the Jets, who had won once, using your logic.
Imagine the irony if the Colts lost to the Jets in the Playoffs.
The only reason the Jets are even in the playoffs is Because Indy decided not to try to go 16 and 0.
Could you imagine if they lost to the team they put in the playoffs?
Wow, that would be Karma for you
Sorry, I can't find any team who's owner has a porn star name dangerous.
The Jets are the fifth seed and the Ravens are the 6th seed. If both win, the Jets play San Deigo and the Ravens play the Chargers. The Colts are the #1 seed and they play the lowest remaining seed which in this scenario would be the Ravens. Therefore, the Chargers would get the Colts.
The Patriots are the only team in the AFC who knows their competitor in the division round if they advance since if the 3rd seed wins in the Wild Card round, they always get the #2 seed.
Separate names with a comma.