PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don't underestimate Jets [edit was Jets narrative ticking me off]

The Jets will be absolutely fired up for this game. Yeah Wilson will toss a pick or two but the Patriots offense can't seem to take advantage. The Jets have a better run game then the Patriots. The defenses are a wash, I think both are easily top 10 D's. This could potentially be a 13-10 type game going either way.

Can you imagine if the Patriots start losing to the Jets? Their record vs. the Bills and Dolphins in the last few years is a disaster. Those are very rare wins these days.

Last edited:
If Pats lose this week to the Jets, it really will mark the end of the road.
Not only for hopes of the playoffs, but the season could spiral out of control too.
And, if we end up something like 5-12, it might finally be the end of the BB era.

Somebody should teach Zack Wilson how to throw properly to his namesake Garrett Wilson that boy is Great! There going to be some future battles with him and Gonzo if they can stay healthy.

If Pats lose this week to the Jets, it really will mark the end of the road.
Not only for hopes of the playoffs, but the season could spiral out of control too.
And, if we end up something like 5-12, it might finally be the end of the BB era.
Well the following week Micah Parsons might punch his ticket to Canton most sack in one game in the modern era. IF you make that Dolphin D look like the 85 Bears I don't know how to help ya good luck Mac.

I can‘t agree with that hyperbole.

it greatly undermines your credibility, makes the rest of your rant suspect when you come out with such an unrealistic statement. Jets D is good, but so are the two we just faced. Discounting them makes your evaluation skills seem poor.

Thanks for the comment.

I’m getting a little tired of all the stories I am reading today, and posts on this board basically calling the Jets game a gimme, get-right game.

I really hope the players aren’t soaking that garbage up.

If the team plays the way they did the first two games, especially offensively, it will be 0-3.

Nothing is given in the NFL FFS!

This team hasn’t earned the right to assume ANY game is a gimme.

That Jets defense is vastly superior to the two we just faced.

Are they weaker offensively?

Yes.

Will that matter if the Pats can’t break 17?

Not so sure.

Please cite specific sources because I've seen no one calling this game a layup. More like a tossup, perhaps. It will be a rock fight.

I was warning people similarly about the Dolphins defense. One poster thought I was “raving.”

Playoffs?
Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

Pats currently -2 to -2.5 vs JESTs
O/U 37.5......................which is absolutely embarrassing

You realize “tired of” and “upset” are not the same right?
Depends on the context. Given what you wrote, "tired of" and "upset by" are pretty much the same thing. The "ticking me off" part in the title also provides clear context.

Any of those choices also don't change what I wrote.

If you're get tired of / are upset by / are ticked off by other people's stupidity, you must be constantly tired / upset / ticked off.

I’m getting a little tired of all the stories I am reading today, and posts on this board basically calling the Jets game a gimme, get-right game.

I really hope the players aren’t soaking that garbage up.

If the team plays the way they did the first two games, especially offensively, it will be 0-3.

Nothing is given in the NFL FFS!

This team hasn’t earned the right to assume ANY game is a gimme.

That Jets defense is vastly superior to the two we just faced.

Are they weaker offensively?

Yes.

Will that matter if the Pats can’t break 17?

Not so sure.
If the Jets don't turn the ball over I think we lose. I just think that the chances of the Jets not turning the ball over are slim. Honestly this one is a 50/50 for me.

If the Jets don't turn the ball over I think we lose. I just think that the chances of the Jets not turning the ball over are slim. Honestly this one is a 50/50 for me.
I mean, I think we have to start assuming we will lose every game. At least until we see a reason to think they know how to win.
Our OL will get destroyed by Jets DL. So, maybe we can win a 6-3 game... I don't know.

Pats currently -2 to -2.5 vs JESTs
O/U 37.5......................which is absolutely embarrassing

What's embarrassing about two defense-oriented teams squaring off?

Please cite specific sources because I've seen no one calling this game a layup. More like a tossup, perhaps. It will be a rock fight.
Depends on the context. Given what you wrote, "tired of" and "upset by" are pretty much the same thing. The "ticking me off" part in the title also provides clear context.

Any of those choices also don't change what I wrote.

If you're get tired of / are upset by / are ticked off by other people's stupidity, you must be constantly tired / upset / ticked off.

It would be more precise to say I’m constantly annoyed by the stupidity of others. I’ll own that.

Patriots will struggle to beat any team. The dolphins defense is not good and they dominated the patriots.

It's going to be a long season. The players on offense are not good enougj to move the ball on mediocre defenses and the defense still lacks a dt who can stop the run.

Mac will not last the season if the ol does not improve fast. The Jets defense is nasty and the Dallas pass rush is even more fierce.

It would be more precise to say I’m constantly annoyed by the stupidity of others. I’ll own that.
I’ll join you on that.

problem is too often disagreeing about what is stupidity

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3