PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Grid Goes Off The Deep End...But On The Record!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One game at a time.

If we beat the 49ers, I expect the team to have something of a letdown against Jacksonville. They will have spent a huge amount of physical and emotional energy with 2 games in 6 days against Houston and the 49ers. And then to go on the road. But they are mentally tough, and vastly superior, and I would expect a win. A sloppy win in the last game or two might not be a bad thing - an opportunity for BB to serve up some "humble pie" going into the playoffs. I do NOT want to look back on the 2012 season and say that this game was the peak. The peak needs to come in February.

Agreed. I think that was what I was trying to convey in too many words without sufficient rest. :)

One game at a time. Do your job. :cool:

Back to Zero. :(

Back to Work. :cool:

Actually, 25 is the Target ~ just in case ~ a distinct possibility, of course ~ we don't get the Bye.

But, yes: 6 would be a fine Start. :cool:

I'll settle for a nice modest 6 in a row:

1. @Jax
2. Miami
3. AFC Wild Card
4. @Denver
5. @Houston
6. Super Bowl

From your lips to God's ears, my friend.

I do, however, have a feeling that the AFCCG won't be played in Houston. I think the collars will be fitting a little snugly in Houston during the Divisional game, whether it's v. Indy or someone else. The weight of more than a decade of franchise expectations and frustrations will be sitting heavily on their shoulders, with a whole week to think about it. We saw how Schaub and company couldn't handle the bright lights and big stage in Foxboro last week; I think it could happen again.

After we beat Denver, it's not out of the question that the AFCCG will still be in Foxboro. :)

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Last edited:

I do, however, have a feeling that the AFCCG won't be played in Houston. I think the collars will be fitting a little snugly in Houston during the Divisional game, whether it's v. Indy or someone else.

After we beat Denver, it's not out of the question that the AFCCG will still be in Foxboro. :) Hey, I can dream, can't I?

It's hardly Fortress Foxboro though. At least we can't play the NFC West in the AFCCG.

I was at the game last night, and while I'm not glad we lost, I feel somewhat indifferent to it. Yes, I realize the road through the playoffs has very likely gotten tougher, but I guess I feel that if they can fight that path and still make it to the Superbowl, then they'll be more ready to come out and blow the roof off of the place.

I was at the game, as the final seconds clicked off and literally said to myself "Oh well, Grid's gonna have to start a new thread." No lie!

I am now ready for the Pats to go on another 7 game winning streak!

Told you we'd lose one of these. Listen to Kontra. Kontra is smart, Kontra is wise. ;)

Told you we'd lose one of these. Listen to Kontra. Kontra is smart, Kontra is wise. ;)

If you didn't have the sack to be here when they were winning, you don't get to come back and pull this "told ya so" ****.

Get out.

If you didn't have the sack to be here when they were winning, you don't get to come back and pull this "told ya so" ****.

Get out.

You might want to put a smiley in there if you're kidding (which I have to assume you are).

Great thread Grid, tnx for putting it out there. It took guts especially considering we were 3-3 at the time. hopefully this was just a hick-up.

Back to zero.....:cool:

Last edited:

I do, however, have a feeling that the AFCCG won't be played in Houston. I think the collars will be fitting a little snugly in Houston during the Divisional game, whether it's v. Indy or someone else. The weight of more than a decade of franchise expectations and frustrations will be sitting heavily on their shoulders, with a whole week to think about it. We saw how Schaub and company couldn't handle the bright lights and big stage in Foxboro last week; I think it could happen again.

After we beat Denver, it's not out of the question that the AFCCG will still be in Foxboro. :)

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Very prescient Prose, Brother. :cool:

I am a big fan of Planet Hoosten: I called their Rise, last year ~ correctly ~ and their Big Step Back this year ~ INcorrectly!! ~ and they have many of my Binkies, including my Uber Binky from last year's Draft, Justin Watt.

But I, too, am inclined to strongly suspect that they FacePlant in the Divisionals.

Very prescient Prose, Brother. :cool:

I am a big fan of Planet Hoosten: I called their Rise, last year ~ correctly ~ and their Big Step Back this year ~ INcorrectly!! ~ and they have many of my Binkies, including my Uber Binky from last year's Draft, Justin Watt.

But I, too, am inclined to strongly suspect that they FacePlant in the Divisionals.

The scenario of Houston and Indy playing 3 times in 4 games is on the table here... that'd be wild! It'd be one of those anything goes grudge matches - regardless of who wins the next game @Indy.

The scenario of Houston and Indy playing 3 times in 4 games is on the table here... that'd be wild! It'd be one of those anything goes grudge matches - regardless of who wins the next game @Indy.

Great Point!! Hadn't thought that far ahead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back