PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Grid Goes Off The Deep End...But On The Record!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 down!

A win is a win, that's all that matters.

It wasn't pretty, but it was a win.

We're also now 2 games up on the Dolphins (4-5), at least 2.5 up on the Jets (4-5 if they win, and they've lost to us already), and effectively out of reach of the Bills in the division (3 games back at 3-6, with 2 losses to us).

Man, OTG's like the Mayan prophecy.

Oh, wait.... :eek:

We're also now 2 games up on the Dolphins (4-5), at least 2.5 up on the Jets (4-5 if they win, and they've lost to us already), and effectively out of reach of the Bills in the division (3 games back at 3-6, with 2 losses to us).

So we can check off Buffalo. One down, two teams to go.

If the Jets go 1-2 or worse these next three games and are at 4-7, then we can check them off.

If Miami loses to Buffalo and we beat them when we face them, then we can check them off.

Huh, it's not looking bad. :cool:

So we can check off Buffalo. One down, two teams to go.

If the Jets go 1-2 or worse these next three games and are at 4-7, then we can check them off.

If Miami loses to Buffalo and we beat them when we face them, then we can check them off.

Huh, it's not looking bad. :cool:

The bottom line is that with 7 games left to play, the odds are about 90% right now that we are going to be in the playoffs. That's pretty good. Once you get in, anything can happen. Seeding is nice, but recent history has proven that it just doesn't mean that much. The hot team trumps the home team. So regardless of how we are playing right now, the question is what it will take to round this team into shape to be a serious contender by playoff time.

I pesonally don't think we're that far off, and I'm not going to make any judgments for at least 3 more weeks until Talib has had a chance to settle in. Let's see how this team looks against Houston and San Francisco before deciding whether they have the look of a team which has what it takes to make a serious playoff run. Brandon Bolden will be back for those games. Aaron Hernandez might actually be healthy. And we might even have some semblance of a secondary.

Grid's been hanging with Rex Ryan too much.

This team has 4th seed written all over it.....Baltimore,Houston and Denver appear to be a bit better as overall teams right now.

That would likely mean that the 4th seed will be a home game against the runner up of the North.....either Pittsburgh or Baltimore (at this time)

Things could certainly change if the Pats beat Houston and they go on to win 6 of the next 7 games,but the 4th seed looks good at this time.

Although it'd been said,
many times, many ways,
Merry 3-0...
to you!

Suck it, Felger.

Abso****inglutely!

Enough of the talk about a Bye, let's just take care of the blankety blank Division and worry about the other stuff in December.

Next up: the Colts; new QB, still a tough game. Then two straight Division Games on the Road.

If I see any more threads out here about how those games are "in the bag" and how if Baltimore does this or that and if Houston does that or this and if we win this game and that game and Jupiter aligns with Mars then we get a Bye I will :scream:

Win the Division and everything else will take care of itself!

Last edited:
Make it an emphatic 4

Make it an emphatic 4

Speak the TRUTH, Brother T!! :D :rocker:

Plenty of work left to do, before this Defense fulfills its extraordinary Potential...but this was a wild and fantastic win against a dangerous Offense where the Defense only gave up 17 Points when the game was still in question...and scored 14, themselves, while setting up the Offense for 7 more!!

Not freaking bad!! :rocker:

And, Oh...

I guess neither our Offense nor our Special Teams is exactly flailing around helplessly, either!!
jester.gif

I was quite content with today's win. I expect that Sanchez might not be so giddy tomorrow when he sees film of today's Patriots win. :D

I'm actually looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

I'm actually looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

If the defense stays aggressive and plays like they did today they should feast on Sanchez with a side of stuffing.

If the defense stays aggressive and plays like they did today they should feast on Sanchez with a side of stuffing.

Nicely put!!
jester.gif

Sadly, many Fans fail to understand the dynamics of The Bill Belichick 22 Week Season ~ his unrivaled capacity to direct his entire Coaching Staff ~ including the Secondary Coaches!! ~ to train our 53 Players layer by layer ~ incrementally ~ over the course of those 22 weeks: Not only at a sustainable pace, but at a digestible pace that gives our 53 the best chance to avoid Mental Overload and the Death Spiral of Frustration.

Fortunately, many Fans do get this. :cool:

And I look forward with pleasure to continuing this Great Journey with you. :eat3:

If your prediction comes true, you will be officially achieve "Legend" status. 1/5 way there! :D

Last edited:
4 and Ohhhhh!

Train kept a rollin' all night long!

Next stop; Dork Central, New Jersey.

I was quite content with today's win. I expect that Sanchez might not be so giddy tomorrow when he sees film of today's Patriots win. :D

I agree on all fronts, but I look forward to Thanksgiving EVERY year! :rocker:

If your prediction comes true, you will be officially achieve "Legend" status. 1/5 way there! :D

Thanks for your kind ~ theoretical ~ words, Brother.

I am of course, just along for the ride, like all of us. :cool:

But what a fine ride, indeed, rooting for this magnificently led team!! :rocker:

Only halftime, but things are looking pretty good for Grid going 5 in a row. The team seems to be upping the level of intensity and focus quite a bit, compared with earlier in the season.

Assuming that the world doesn't come to an end in the next 30 minutes of football, the Pats get 10 days off before going to Miami for some Dolphin sushi before coming home to face the big fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back