PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Don't underestimate Jets [edit was Jets narrative ticking me off]

UGAPatsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I’m getting a little tired of all the stories I am reading today, and posts on this board basically calling the Jets game a gimme, get-right game.

I really hope the players aren’t soaking that garbage up.

If the team plays the way they did the first two games, especially offensively, it will be 0-3.

Nothing is given in the NFL FFS!

This team hasn’t earned the right to assume ANY game is a gimme.

That Jets defense is vastly superior to the two we just faced.

Are they weaker offensively?

Yes.

Will that matter if the Pats can’t break 17?

Not so sure.

they are 3.5 point under dogs.
Jets DL is really, really good. Pats OL is leaky.

I can‘t agree with that hyperbole.

it greatly undermines your credibility, makes the rest of your rant suspect when you come out with such an unrealistic statement. Jets D is good, but so are the two we just faced. Discounting them makes your evaluation skills seem poor.

it greatly undermines your credibility, makes the rest of your rant suspect when you come out with such an unrealistic statement. Jets D is good, but so are the two we just faced. Discounting them makes your evaluation skills seem poor.
Dolphins defense is good by what measure? It wasn't good last year, it wasn't good week 1 against the Chargers. They may develop into a good unit as some of their injured starters return and the team assimilates Fangio's scheme more, but there's nothing to indicate they're a good defense right now.

Dolphins defense is good by what measure? It wasn't good last year, it wasn't good week 1 against the Chargers. They may develop into a good unit as some of their injured starters return and the team assimilates Fangio's scheme more, but there's nothing to indicate they're a good defense right now.

so by the same measure, the jets D got chewed up by dallas this week, so we can say the same? good unit on paper, but not a lot of evidence this year to make such a claim?

so by the same measure, the jets D got chewed up by dallas this week, so we can say the same? good unit on paper, but not a lot of evidence this year to make such a claim?
No, because the Jets were awesome defensively last year with similar coaching and personnel and were very good Week 1 as well. Even yesterday, they held the Cowboys to 4.6 yards per play (just as a reference, the best defense in the league last year allowed 4.8 yards per play), they got blown out because their offense was demolished so the Cowboys ran 86 plays and had the ball for 43 minutes. What exactly are you falling back on with the Dolphins?

I never really looked at the Jets as a gimme. Maybe it's because none of them are, as @SammyBlueCat just mentioned, or maybe it's because they've beaten the Pats in the past when they took the Pats out in 2008 during the season and 2010 in the playoffs. Or Maybe it's both. It's like in golf. If it's really a gimme then all you have to do is knock it in.

They might be superior, I would agree with you that "vastly" is over the top. The Jete D is certainly playoff caliber, possibly championship level. They are no joke.

The Jets are the Jets and always will be the Jets.. but their D is good, if not great. Their O is somewhat suspect with Wilson at the helm.. that analysis sounds a bit how we describe the Patriots..
As a forever Pats fan I believe we are gonna win.. but said that the past two games also.
I am very frustrated with this short game passing offense, the Pats are better than that.

No, because the Jets were awesome defensively last year with similar coaching and personnel and were very good Week 1 as well. What exactly are you falling back on with the Dolphins?

last year has come and gone

the only body of evidence we have for either team is two weeks of football this year.......

if you wanted to play the last year card, eagles allowed same amt of YPP and 1.6 pts more per game......so the hyperbolic 'light years better' really doesn't apply......

the only sampling that matters is this year.....on paper this is a very good jet defense, but the 'light years better' statement is, as pointed out, hyperbole

it's a good defense they are facing, yes......and it's also by far the weakest offense they are seeing (not hyperbole, at all)......it's a interdivisional game, and a must win for the pats at this point.......going to potentially be an ugly, slugfest sort of game......but the 2000 ravens are also not walking through this door

it's week 3......a lot is in the air right now......i agree this is not a gimme game, but this is the most winnable of the 3 matchups so far, too

I’m getting a little tired of all the stories I am reading today, and posts on this board basically calling the Jets game a gimme, get-right game.

I really hope the players aren’t soaking that garbage up.

If the team plays the way they did the first two games, especially offensively, it will be 0-3.

Nothing is given in the NFL FFS!

This team hasn’t earned the right to assume ANY game is a gimme.

Are they weaker offensively?

Yes.

Will that matter if the Pats can’t break 17?

Not so sure.
If you get upset by other people's stupidity, you must be constantly upset.

last year has come and gone

the only body of evidence we have for either team is two weeks of football this year.......

if you wanted to play the last year card, eagles allowed same amt of YPP and 1.6 pts more per game......so the hyperbolic 'light years better' really doesn't apply......

the only sampling that matters is this year.....on paper this is a very good jet defense, but the 'light years better' statement is, as pointed out, hyperbole

it's a good defense they are facing, yes......and it's also by far the weakest offense they are seeing (not hyperbole, at all)......it's a interdivisional game, and a must win for the pats at this point.......going to potentially be an ugly, slugfest sort of game......but the 2000 ravens are also not walking through this door

it's week 3......a lot is in the air right now......i agree this is not a gimme game, but this is the most winnable of the 3 matchups so far, too
Man, I just want you to tell me by what parameter anyone can say the Dolphins have a good defense. That's all. If the only body of evidence is 2023, how have they been good? If 2022 counts, how are they good? If neither count, how can anyone have any idea how good they are? We're just saying stuff, huh.

The Pat's are 0-2... it doesn't matter who they're playing. They're not listening to outside noise or posting here.

Either they fix themselves or it won't matter. It starts with the offensive line, then overall offensive execution.

This is a game you could say is now "must win" because the Jets are a team the Pats have owned. You can't go 0-3 and then come back home to face Dallas.

i think this is going to be difficult game to win. Wouldnt be shocked if we lose. The law of avg suggest they are going to win at home sometime vs us. We are in real danger of starting 0-4.

I don’t think anyone is overestimating or underestimating the Jets. I think they just know we suck.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back