PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jets could be dangerous in playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jets are the fifth seed and the Ravens are the 6th seed. If both win, the Jets play San Deigo and the Ravens play the Chargers. The Colts are the #1 seed and they play the lowest remaining seed which in this scenario would be the Ravens. Therefore, the Chargers would get the Colts.

The Patriots are the only team in the AFC who knows their competitor in the division round if they advance since if the 3rd seed wins in the Wild Card round, they always get the #2 seed.
No, if Baltimore wins they can't play SD since no one can be seeded lower than they.

Their rookie QB is playing lights out, easy with a great running game and a strong line.

How did we beat these guys again?

I'm starting to think of the worst team to lose to in the playoffs, assuming we don't win it all.

I think the Jets and the Colts are #1 and #2.

Haven't you already used this on LaronDawan Landry who plays for the Baltington Ravskins?

Doesn't Sanchez actually play for Menuodo?

Their rookie QB is playing lights out, easy with a great running game and a strong line.

How did we beat these guys again?

I'm starting to think of the worst team to lose to in the playoffs, assuming we don't win it all.

I think the Jets and the Colts are #1 and #2.

Sanchez's lights are out? No wonder he has played so mediocre the second half of the season.

If the Jets win they play Indy
If the Ravens win they play Indy unless the Ravens and Jets BOTH win then the Ravens play SD and the Jets still play Indy.

I can't see the Jets playing SD under any circumstances unless I am missing something.

The 1 seed plays the lower remaining seed, and the 2 seed plays the higher, so the 6 seed can only play a 1 seed in the Divisional round.

You should hear Mike Francesa on WFAN. He's slapping down JEST fans left and right. :)

You should hear Mike Francesa on WFAN. He's slapping down JEST fans left and right. :)

You go to the Jets boards and all of the sudden they think all roads will go through NY for the Super Bowl. They need a bit of reality. Yes, even with the Bengals totally laying down and not trying, they won impressively last night, but let's not get too excited. They haven't played a team for real since Atlanta who beat them.

Haven't you already used this on LaronDawan Landry who plays for the Baltington Ravskins?

Doesn't Sanchez actually play for Menuodo?

No, I haven't "used it" on him. Great meaningful, insightful comment though.

Yeah, I confused Laron and Dawan Landry, and therefore the Jets suck even if they have the #1 rushing offense and #1 passing defense and no worries.

Idiot.

Don't blame them for being excited. Laying down is one thing, but the Bengals were useless last night. Did they tell their players not to tackle or something? That's what it looked like. How many players were they "resting" on defense? All 11 starters?

If the pats get knocked out, I'll root for the jets. Just to make people on here mad. At least they have an attack defense, not a "lay back and give up 10 yards at a time" defense. The jets have been hapless, maybe this is their year.

Don't look too far into last nights game. Bengels gave a half hearted play and Jets played for their lives. If anything Jets exposed their best to Bengels while Cincy can come with an assault Jets haven't seen. Now Jets go to Cincy in playoffs. It still comes down to Sadchez making big plays at crucial times making Cincy's chances that much better.

If the Jets win they play Indy
If the Ravens win they play Indy unless the Ravens and Jets BOTH win then the Ravens play SD and the Jets still play Indy.

I can't see the Jets playing SD under any circumstances unless I am missing something.

Jets are the #5 seed, not the #6. If they win and Baltimore wins, the Jets would play SD.

No, I haven't "used it" on him. Great meaningful, insightful comment though.

Yeah, I confused Laron and Dawan Landry, and therefore the Jets suck even if they have the #1 rushing offense and #1 passing defense and no worries.

Idiot.

Why do you love being the "contrary" and "controversial" poster? Deus actually brings insight to what he is being critical of. You on the other hand made bogus statements about Meriweather then completely shied away once you were proved wrong.

That shtick gets old quickly.

Why do you love being the "contrary" and "controversial" poster? Deus actually brings insight to what he is being critical of. You on the other hand made bogus statements about Meriweather then completely shied away once you were proved wrong.

That shtick gets old quickly.

I don't like being contrary. I don't consider Merriweather very good, lots of people don't.

Mocking a confusion over which Landry played where doesn't make Merriweather good or the Jets bad.

Stop the Jets running all over you and you beat them, because Sanchez can't throw the ball and is more likely to complete a pass to the opposition Defense than his own offense, they have only one good corner, and they can be run on. It's very simple.

A run game is important in the Playoffs, but so is making sure you don't turn the ball over The Jets do that regularly.

I don't like being contrary. I don't consider Merriweather very good, lots of people don't.

Mocking a confusion over which Landry played where doesn't make Merriweather good or the Jets bad.

Yes you do. You proved it with this statement:

"If the pats get knocked out, I'll root for the jets. Just to make people on here mad."

You prove that you love to try to get a rise out of people for your amusement. I proved that what Meriweather has done over his year and a half of being a starter makes him a pretty good safety and a play maker. Your only argument was because Dawan Landry, who was drafted a year before Meriweather and has been a full time starter since then, was better then him because of the round he was selected in. But enough about that.

Of course the Jets are dangerous. So is every other team in the playoffs. That's why they are in the playoffs. The Jets weaknesses are bigger then others. Mark Sanchez is a horrible QB, they have a pathetic group of WRs, their line can't pass protect, they only have one good player in their secondary (Revis), etc.

having a rookie is not usually a downfall..pats won in 2001 with brady not doing a lot of passing behind a running game and strong D. iam not sure about sanchez. if he was like flacco for e.g they could be scary but so far at least sanchez doesnt seem like flacco or ryan.

Of course the Jets are dangerous. So is every other team in the playoffs. That's why they are in the playoffs. The Jets weaknesses are bigger then others. Mark Sanchez is a horrible QB, they have a pathetic group of WRs, their line can't pass protect, they only have one good player in their secondary (Revis), etc.

dont tell the jet fans that. they think sanchez is the second coming of tom brady and peyton manning. he is the best qb in the league...

i hope the jets get killed by the bengals.:D

dont tell the jet fans that. they think sanchez is the second coming of tom brady and peyton manning. he is the best qb in the league...

He's a horrible QB? He didn't look like it last night.

Collinsworth said he was the least hit QB in the league. The Jets are great at RB but can't pass block? Well, I don't know, haven't seen them that much, they looked pretty good at everythign last night.

I will only mock that one poster if the pats lose. Most people here don't deserve to be mocked.

The funniest threads on the Jets boards is the "Manning threw 28 INTs his rookie season" threads. Yes, Manning threw 8 more INTs than Sanchez his rookie season , but he threw 14 more TDs and passed for 1295 more yards. Also, Manning had almost as many completions his rookie season (326) as Sanchez had attempts this year (364). They also ignore players like Tim Couch, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Rick Mirer, and other first round busts having better rookie seasons than Sanchez.

Yes you do. You proved it with this statement:

"If the pats get knocked out, I'll root for the jets. Just to make people on here mad."

You prove that you love to try to get a rise out of people for your amusement. I proved that what Meriweather has done over his year and a half of being a starter makes him a pretty good safety and a play maker. Your only argument was because Dawan Landry, who was drafted a year before Meriweather and has been a full time starter since then, was better then him because of the round he was selected in. But enough about that.

This is the peril of today's journalism. Here is a team that makes the playoffs because two teams lay down and voila'..... it's the second coming of blitzkreig.

A sober article on what the Jets need to do to be successful is perfectly fine and appropriate. That's probably too big a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes