PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jerry wants McFadden

Status
Not open for further replies.
how bout cleaveland number 1, then barber, then carpenter??? and maybe dallas number 2?

this way they get mcfadden and they keep their number 1, and only lose barber, still having mcfadden and jones, and losing carpenter, which isnt a big blow to them...

that is only if BB and pioli think carpenter can play ILB for NE....

imagine, in one move we make our running game lethal, (maroney can use some advice from barber), get our premier ILB, and can draft someone at the 20-25 range....sounds good enough to me...

(am i rit, CLE pick will be 20-25 range?)

how bout cleaveland number 1, then barber, then carpenter??? and maybe dallas number 2?

this way they get mcfadden and they keep their number 1, and only lose barber, still having mcfadden and jones, and losing carpenter, which isnt a big blow to them...

that is only if BB and pioli think carpenter can play ILB for NE....

imagine, in one move we make our running game lethal, (maroney can use some advice from barber), get our premier ILB, and can draft someone at the 20-25 range....sounds good enough to me...

(am i rit, CLE pick will be 20-25 range?)

Brilliant except they're not giving up four players for McFadden, we have to pay Barber a ton of money, and they dont' have Jones since he's a UFA.

Both 1st's and Barber outta do it. :cool:

pats won't trade #2 for cowboys #1's. i expect the pats to trade down to the range of 6-10 and pick up a 2nd rounder and 3rd or even another first for next year and trade down once or twice more to mid-teens.

I'd rather see NE pick up a couple 2nd rounders, maybe another first for enxt year, some third rounders and have the draft stocked with extra picks for the next 3 years than select a top 5 selection and pay big money to them and throw off the salary structure.

if they trade dallas straight up for two #'1, it will be waiting for the scenario to play out next year like they did witht he niner pick this year.

at some point you need to reap the benefits of high picks and choose a high player to fill a major need and become a starter.

that time isnt now though, now we just need to adequeatly fill our positional needs...

let the superstars go to other teams...we dont need them, we have a 13-0 team, all we need is decent playmakers...

also, if the boys trade us barber, then thye will resign jones....not much interest will be in him

also, u dont think the boys will trade two unproven rookies, one in the 1st rd, and one in the 2nd with a rb they wont need anymore and a LB they dont really use for mcfadden? i think its quite possible....

I only read the first page, so I apologize if this was mentioned... But, didn't Dallas trade the Number 1 pick last year? I like Barber, and he's proven..

Dallas will NEVER trade us MBIII. Pipe dream fellas... albeit a nice one!!

pats won't trade #2 for cowboys #1's. i expect the pats to trade down to the range of 6-10
This is more of a pipe dream than a trade with the cowboys.

You can't trade just because you want to. You need a trading partner willing go trade with you.

When was the last time someone traded to get that high? Jets went for the #4 pick, and that was stupid. Falcons traded the rights to Tomlinson for Vick? Whoo hoo, bet they regret that. And Ditka traded up from Ricky.

In all three cases there was a top player someone wanted. If no one would trade up for Reggie Bush, who is there in this year's draft to make someone want to mortgage their future and kill their cap for?

Bottom line: you can't trade unless someone will trade with you, and there just isn't anyone worth it this year.

I only read the first page, so I apologize if this was mentioned... But, didn't Dallas trade the Number 1 pick last year? I like Barber, and he's proven..

Actually-they traded draft POSITIONS in the 1st round with Philly, to get Anthony Spencer.(we ended up giving them a #2, 3, and a 5) With the Cleveland/Brady Quinn trade, we ended up getting 2-3 1st/2nd day picks.(plus their #1 next year)

I would like to see us keep the pick and draft some premier defensive talent. Hopefully there is a corner or linebacker that warrants that kind of pick. If not I agree that we must move down. I don't know much about next years crop of players yet so I can't even make an educated conjecture either way. I know some have been throwing around Laurenitis' name but I'm not sure he'll warrant a 2-4 pick.

I know McFadden is a popular pick for some, but like many others here, I'd rather see us pass. Every time we give the ball to a back we are taking out of Tom's hands and I'm not of the mindset that Maroney is a bust either. I think we have better than average players already at the position. No need to tie up that much cap in one unproven running back, especially the way he runs the ball.

if we can't get fair market value for the pick my preference would be

1. mcfadden- has nothing to do with maroney, best player in draft
2. dorsey
3. gholston

Nobody knows what were gonna do with that pick until draft day.
Unless a early trade happens and is in fact announced.
Let's look at it this way BB doesn't go crazy for one guy he will only draft Mcfadden if he believes that he is a elite player.
I can see it possible that BB trades the pick.
Although i really see the Dolphins trying to trade the Mcfadden pick They're a fool if they don't try to mortgage the pick and what better way to rebuild that horrible team.
If we trade the second pick, My dream scenario would be this, Marion Barber Bobby Carpenter, The two numbers 1's and a third round pick.
We then move up and down the draft board to select.
James Lauranitis gives the defense some real swagger when veterans might be departing next year, Malcom Jenkins whether or not Assante is back Hobbs looks more lost and lost in coverage to me week after week.
I don't know if it's the scheme but he plays to far off.
Vernon Gholston gives us a big physical speciman for BB and Pees to build from scratch he's extremely raw.
That to me would make draft day incredible of course I'd be lying if I wouldn't be a little excited if we just picked Mcfadden but I see Jake or chris long as a more plausible scenario.

I highly doubt that Jerry will ever trade away MB. He is RFA so some team may make mad dash at him with poison pill contracts(such as Steve Huchinson's case with Minnesota). If that ever happens, may be Jerry will bite on trading up for McFadden. Otherwise, it would be dumb for him to mess around with what he has, which is best NFC team.

The Pats have got incredible draft leverage right now with the team being undefeated and McFadden being the best player available and considered to be an elite skill player. Miami cannot take him because they took Brown at RB #2 overall a couple of years ago, and anyone looking to trade up to get McFadden wont bother with Miami because they know they wont take him. They know NE's spot is the place to be if you want McFadden. but the thought of him playing in this offense will scare the life out of some other teams, like Dallas for example, and one of those teams will be compelled to move up and prevent that from happening. I think this deal with get done if Dallas offers up the Cleveland #1, its own #1 and probably a 3rd or 4th rounder. I dont see players getting exchanged here. They dont want to give up Barber or their best CB. Not happening.

The Pats have got incredible draft leverage right now with the team being undefeated and McFadden being the best player available and considered to be an elite skill player. Miami cannot take him because they took Brown at RB #2 overall a couple of years ago, and anyone looking to trade up to get McFadden wont bother with Miami because they know they wont take him. They know NE's spot is the place to be if you want McFadden. but the thought of him playing in this offense will scare the life out of some other teams, like Dallas for example, and one of those teams will be compelled to move up and prevent that from happening. I think this deal with get done if Dallas offers up the Cleveland #1, its own #1 and probably a 3rd or 4th rounder. I dont see players getting exchanged here. They dont want to give up Barber or their best CB. Not happening.

This is more of a pipe dream than a trade with the cowboys.

You can't trade just because you want to. You need a trading partner willing go trade with you.

When was the last time someone traded to get that high? Jets went for the #4 pick, and that was stupid. Falcons traded the rights to Tomlinson for Vick? Whoo hoo, bet they regret that. And Ditka traded up from Ricky.

In all three cases there was a top player someone wanted. If no one would trade up for Reggie Bush, who is there in this year's draft to make someone want to mortgage their future and kill their cap for?

Bottom line: you can't trade unless someone will trade with you, and there just isn't anyone worth it this year.

I'd like to see a Mike Vick type trade or an Eli Manning type trade. You are right on the trade partner. The best situation would be to trade down a few spots several times and move toward 10-15 and accumulate more picks for this year and next.

The last time a huge jump.....one I can think of is Russell Maryland and think of the irony. The Pats had the top pick and the Cowboys were Superbowl contenders looking to get better.

also, u dont think the boys will trade two unproven rookies, one in the 1st rd, and one in the 2nd with a rb they wont need anymore and a LB they dont really use for mcfadden? i think its quite possible....

Whether they need him or not doesn't mean they trade him for a lot less.

Brilliant except they're not giving up four players for McFadden, we have to pay Barber a ton of money, and they dont' have Jones since he's a UFA.

Eli Manning was traded for 4 players. So was Michael Vick. Why couldn't McFadden?

Why would the Pats get more for McFadden than the Dolphins would likely demand?

"But the phins won't pick mcfadden, so no one will ask them for their pick!".

THey might. But even if it is KNOWN that they won't, it would still make sense to trade for Miami's pick and pick him rather than trading with NE and paying MORE than what Miami would want.

If Miami would take Dallas' two #1 picks, then that puts a cap on what NE would be offered.

"But 2 #1s isn't enough for the #1 pick in the DRAFT!! According to the CHART."

If Miami wants to take it then it is enough.

As for BArber I doubt they trade him, he'd work well with McFadden who would be a rookie. And after that he's a FA, so if we DID get Barber, we'd have to pay him huge money. Why not draft a RB in round 4 who is as good as he is?

The Pats got the #11 and #14 picks for their #1 overall from Dallas who then took Russell Maryland.

Leonard Russell and Pat Harlow.

I'd hate to see the Pats trade for Dallas first rounders this year. Chances are Cleveland will be a high 20 pick. I'd rather see trade and pick up a first rounder for next year considering if they move to #7-10 these teams have a good chance of being awful and overestimating how good they will be next year.

Question is.... who do you want the Jets NOT get in this years first round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News