PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jerry wants McFadden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Block Busters hardly ever happen in football...but...

Pats send:
#2 Pick Overall And 3rd Rd pick
Chad Jackson(WR)

Dallas Sends:
Both First Rounders
Marion Barber(RB) restricted free agent
Carpenter(LB)

Block Busters hardly ever happen in football...but...

Pats send:
#2 Pick Overall And 3rd Rd pick
Chad Jackson(WR)

Dallas Sends:
Both First Rounders
Marion Barber(RB) restricted free agent
Carpenter(LB)

I think you guys are drastically overrated the value of top 2 picks. Teams don't even want them anymore. It's all nice and everything to get a great talent but the risk/reward for the pick is extremely high. If that player is a bust your cap is just ruined. The Pats have proven over and over that you can draft in the botton half of the first round and still get great players. Also, Mcfadden may be a great talent but no one knows if he can be an every down back in the NFL. The NFL has turned into a two back league and spending $30 million in guaranteed money on an unproven running back is suicide. While I'm sure you'd love to use that 2nd pick to get 2 first round picks, a very good running back and a young linebacker with potential I think there is a better chance that the Jets beat you tomorrow.

Huh?......

Vernon's a somewhat raw college DE/LB, who some project at OLB in a 3-4 defense. I think he seems like more of a 4-3 DE, and he's not as polished some some other prospects. I need to see him in coverage more as well, so I'll have a more complete opinion of his ability to play as an every down LB around draft time.

Hey seb its reasonble to assume Gholston will gain 5 - 10 lbs of muscle as he matures. At 6'4 270 lbs I think he could make an outstanding lb.

That said assuming he can infact drop into coverage and excel.

I really dont know what to expect. Some people say the Pats had an uncharacteristic offseason, and spent some good money, but the Patriots I know wouldn't draft someone top 5, then their next pick would be (hopefully) #32 in the 2nd round. So much for addressing youth at the lineback position.
It would make sense to trade the 49ers first round pick and their 2nd round pick for a lower first round pick, a higher first round pick, and a first for 2009. Just dont know what team would do that.

I would make a trade with Dallas. Here would be my conditions:

Deal I
Both of Dallas' 2008 1st rd picks
Anthony Spencer
Dallas' 2009 2nd rd pick

Deal II
Both of Dallas' 2008 1st rd picks
Bobby Carpenter
Dallas' 2008 and 2009 2nd rd picks.

I'd call this trade "The Reverse Herschel".

Don't get too attached to that #2 draft slot. SF will win a game that no one expects and PATS will finish with the #5 or #9.

Don't get too attached to that #2 draft slot. SF will win a game that no one expects and PATS will finish with the #5 or #9.
No way. If SF wins a game, they will be finish 4-12, and pick no worse than fourth.

The best the Ravens, Chiefs, and Raiders can do is 4-12, and SF has the low-pick tie-breaker over them.

The Rams and Falcons play each other so one of them will be 4-12 and SF has the tie-breaker.

If the Jets lose all their games, and the winner of te Rams-Falcons game lose all their other games, then SF will pick fourth.

Do you know how unlikely that will be?

If SF wins out, they could pick higher than fourth, but only if the Ravens, Chiefs, Raiders, Rams, Jets and Falcons all lose out, but SF ain't going to win out.

Nope, even in SF wins a game we don't excpet, we still pick no worse than #4 and probably #2.

I'd prefer #4, actually, because either CHris or Jake Long will be available.

What did I tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey