PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Jameson Williams suspended for violating gambling policy

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

He was one of the guys on the radar as a Patriots target last year at the draft.

LOL @ the league though. I wonder if they announced this in between FanDuel and BetMGM commercials...

He was one of the guys on the radar as a Patriots target last year at the draft.

LOL @ the league though. I wonder if they announced this in between FanDuel and BetMGM commercials...
Sportcenter today is brought to you by Draftkings.

For JW's situation, this is just ridiculous - not Spygate ridiculous but close. The suspended players betting on NFL games, sure, I can definitely see a punishment for that.

"However, it is important to note that Jameson's violation was not for betting on football but rather due to a technical rule regarding the actual location in which the online bet was placed -- and which would otherwise be allowed by the NFL outside of the club's facility. Jameson would never intentionally jeopardize the integrity of the game he loves so much and looks forward to getting back to his team as soon as possible."

"The Lions aren't supposed to be good... quick! Suspend them for those prop bets they made!"

For JW's situation, this is just ridiculous - not Spygate ridiculous but close. The suspended players betting on NFL games, sure, I can definitely see a punishment for that.

"However, it is important to note that Jameson's violation was not for betting on football but rather due to a technical rule regarding the actual location in which the online bet was placed -- and which would otherwise be allowed by the NFL outside of the club's facility. Jameson would never intentionally jeopardize the integrity of the game he loves so much and looks forward to getting back to his team as soon as possible."

The rules are clear. And why did he place the bet at a team facility?

I think this is fair and consistent with Draftkings sponsoring NFL related stuff.

We don't want you gambling at work. What's wrong with that?

So stupid...suspension is only based on the LOCATION where he gambled.... betting on a NFL game? I can understand that...but the location? Really? Hell, I place bets all the time at work...all on my phone man....

This screws me in one keeper fantasy league where I invested in Williams 2 years ago....

The rules are clear. And why did he place the bet at a team facility?

I think this is fair and consistent with Draftkings sponsoring NFL related stuff.

That's a fair take.

Disappointing, was on my fantasy radar this year

Funny is how they used this opportunity to cut stiffs like CJ Moore and Quentez Cephus, but chose to keep Williams who has the potential to be a stud.

No doubt they will try to recoup some money and/or cap relief from the two jags.

Sure, “we don’t want gambling at work” but the fans can bet there and we can get sponsorship money from gamblers.

apparently, it wasn’t just the players, but the staff was also gambling.

I said years ago that this was a slippery slope when the NFL got in bed with gambling sites, now they are firing people for gambling With the same exact people whose money they are taking.

Yes, it was stupid for the players to gamble, all NFL employees are forbidden from gambling on NFL games, as they should be, but you can’t get in bed with gambling sites everything is tarnished.

So hypocritical for "not betting in the right place", The NFL value is going way up BECAUSE of gambling, which I THINK maybe the beginning of the end of the NFL. Sure what they make on the Billions they will get from the gambling associations they have made, BUT does anyone here believe that there WON'T be a big scandal down the road. There has to be.

What pisses ME off is that are not just allowing gambling ot be associated with the sport they are ENCOURAGING it. EVERY sports channel or radio station now have MULTIPLE shows that ONLY talk about sports gambling. And for the NFL you can find lines on when a player is going to be drafted, Who will will draft them. Which player will go before another, even what date Aaron Rodgers will sign with the Jets. :rolleyes:

The NFL doesn't want you to just bet on the games. They want you to bet on EVERYTHING. Things you never would have even THOUGHT about. IMHO the NFL is now just an excuse to set lines. And that 800 number they give to make it seem that give a **** about their fans is cynicism at its best.

Last edited:
6 games seems a bit harsh for Jameson given what I've read. It's a shame too for fans because this guy is going to be an electric NFL receiver. If they didn't have such a meathead for a head coach then I'd say they're going to win that division.

Sure, “we don’t want gambling at work” but the fans can bet there and we can get sponsorship money from gamblers.

Yes, there are many examples where customers are allowed to partake in things employees are not allowed.

Do you want your pilot flying the plane while drinking? And the airline sells the beverage.

I don't understand why the league is doing anything wrong. They even allow the gambling. Just not on their premises, if you are paid by them.

Why is that unreasonable?

Yes, there are many examples where customers are allowed to partake in things employees are not allowed.

Do you want your pilot flying the plane while drinking? And the airline sells the beverage.

I don't understand why the league is doing anything wrong. They even allow the gambling. Just not on their premises, if you are paid by them.

Why is that unreasonable?

It‘s an absurd analogy because safety is not at issue with gambling. But let’s run with it for fun.

The pilot can’t drink while working, but he also can‘t show up drunk after boozing at home. But the player can bet at home or anywhere else, so why can’t he also bet at work?

While I think the NFL should not tie itself to gambling I do wonder what it will eventually do to the cap ... That's a lot of free money and the players will get their cut of the filthy lucre

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back