PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Maybe you should investigate the Colts. For a real issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

convertedpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...acksons-arrest-adds-to-list-of-colts-problems

Linebacker Andrew Jackson, who just finished his rookie season, was arrested in Kentucky on a drunken-driving charge Friday.
Friday’s arrest was the second DUI for Jackson, a sixth-round pick last year. He had a DUI charge in Muncie, Indiana, in June 2014, according to the Indianapolis Star.

It's the second legal issue and fourth distraction the Colts have encountered in less than two weeks.

Linebacker Josh McNary was charged with rape on Jan. 14. Running back Trent Richardson was suspended two games for missing the walk-through the day before the Colts’ AFC Championship Game. Offensive lineman Xavier Nixon missed the team plane. And now Jackson.

The Colts got to within one victory of Super Bowl, but they’ve also dealt with their fair share of issues over the past year.

• Owner Jim Irsay arrested in March 2014 and later pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor count of driving while intoxicated. He was suspended for six games and fined $500,000 for violating the NFL’s Personal Conduct Policy.
  • Linebacker Robert Mathis was suspended four games for using performance-enhancing drugs in May.
  • Receiver LaVon Brazill was suspended for at least year for violating the league’s substance-abuse policy for the second time. The Colts released him in July.Running back Chris Rainey was released in late July for violating team rules while at training camp. He was horsing around with a fire extinguisher.
  • Safety LaRon Landry was suspended four games for using performance-enhancing drugs.
  • Receiver Da’Rick Rogers was released after he was charged with DUI in September.
No wonder they're trying to direct attention to other franchises.

And no surprise that a franchise owner with substance abuse issues finds itself filled with substance abuse issues.

But let's spend some more time talking about balls shrinking in the cold...

The ball thing is minor, but if we supposedly care and if, and that is a big "if", the Colts balls were OK, why they ignored the laws of physics should be answered by Pagano. :)

A Team's problems with personal conduct can be, in my personal opinion, related directly to that displayed by ownership and coaching staff.

"Leadership by Example" is what is taught in our military. It is also practiced by the truly successful executives in any field. Robert Kraft is an excellent businessman, but also a leader because he holds himself to a higher personal standard of conduct. Jim Irsay? Not so much.

Anyone in a position of authority can make a mistake. We are all human, all fallible. But the big thing with those who are true leaders is how they accept responsibility for their actions and then move on.

I don't see Irsay moving on just now. We'll see how things turn out in the coming year for his organization.

And then there are the Browns, the Raiders, and the JEST. :rolleyes:

Wow!!! That is one filthy organization.

The ball thing is minor, but if we supposedly care and if, and that is a big "if", the Colts balls were OK, why they ignored the laws of physics should be answered by Pagano. :)

As I mentioned on a couple other threads, the Colts footballs didn't disobey the laws of physics. Their game balls were inflated to a higher psi, according to what I've read, and both the Colts and Patriots footballs (the latter of which were inflated to a lower psi, at the bottom of the acceptable range) lost internal pressure as the temperatures went down.

Both sets of footballs likely lost the same, approximately 1.5psi. However, that reduced the Patriots footballs to below the minimum psi mandated by the league, while the same loss of pressure dropped the Colts footballs to just above the minimum mandated psi. No "cheating" no anything but plain physics.

As I mentioned on a couple other threads, the Colts footballs didn't disobey the laws of physics. Their game balls were inflated to a higher psi, according to what I've read, and both the Colts and Patriots footballs (the latter of which were inflated to a lower psi, at the bottom of the acceptable range) lost internal pressure as the temperatures went down.

Both sets of footballs likely lost the same, approximately 1.5psi. However, that reduced the Patriots footballs to below the minimum psi mandated by the league, while the same loss of pressure dropped the Colts footballs to just above the minimum mandated psi. No "cheating" no anything but plain physics.
Although you may be (OK, probably are:) ) right, I'd still like to see the Pagano press conference.

Exactly. As BB stated yesterday and the other 7,333 posts have mentioned the room temperature, time frame, and exposure to the outside elements can inflate/deflate the ball's internal air pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back