PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: I am getting tired of Albert Breer and his anti Patriots Rhetoric

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, did the doofus pick Denver to win?

Don't know; had to run out and pick up all my recycling off the street. Damned wind.

Oh - -they're still on. Breer just said crowd won't be loud because of the cold.

Edit: if he does pick Denver, it'll be a change from his NFl.com pick.

Last edited:
Breer said this morning "This game is going to be closer than people think". That's what I love about Breer. Every week, he brings an unique analysis week after week.

Several weeks ago when the Pats and Broncos first played, he said "the Broncos are a tougher match up for the Pats than most people think". He could have been lazy and just repeated that mantra, but he totally changed it up and said that it will be a closer game than people think which totally adds a completely different dynamic to the whole argument that lesser analysts could never come up with.

Don't know; had to run out and pick up all my recycling off the street. Damned wind.

Oh - -they're still on. Breer just said crowd won't be loud because of the cold.

He thinks the Pats will win by three because unlike in the regular season where he felt the Broncos were a "tougher match up than people think", he only thinks the game "will be closer than people think".

the best respect the broncos are getting from normal people is that they would give or take the points in this one.....

Breer said this morning "This game is going to be closer than people think". That's what I love about Breer. Every week, he brings an unique analysis week after week.

Several weeks ago when the Pats and Broncos first played, he said "the Broncos are a tougher match up for the Pats than most people think". He could have been lazy and just repeated that mantra, but he totally changed it up and said that it will be a closer game than people think which totally adds a completely different dynamic to the whole argument that lesser analysts could never come up with.

Very nice summary of analyst Breer.

Now that 98.5 has been brought up, Fleger and Mazz are awful. I don't get the radio station here in Maine. But they are on TV now CCSN.

All week this week it seems that they have dug deep into their bowels to find nagative things to rant about the Patriots. Yesterday, it was Brady only has Welker, Gronk and Hernandez to throw to. Denver will shut those three down and he will have no one else to throw to. Has anyone shut those three down? What about Branch or Woody or the other RB's?

And they do all this with silly assed smirks on their faces, I can stand the sight of them. So yes, I did change the channel, even ESPN is better than those two.

Now I do not expect sports talk shows to be cheerleaders for the Patriots. And if they have negit points to make, so be it. But these 2 have been reaching all week, like making a big deal that the Patriots were 0-2 this year against teams with winning records. That is true but what is the records of the teams that they played when they played them. Nope don't want to bring that up, it would kill their negative rants. :mad:

EDit: that felt good to get off my chest.

Last edited:
Why's this a thread? Just don't listen to the idiot if you don't like what he says. You're only giving him free press and even more exposure here, so you're actually rewarding what you regard as bad journalism by helping publicize it.

Last edited:
You know, I'm starting to understand what bugs me about his attitude a bit more after seeing what he posts on Twitter and how he talks when he's on 98.5. It's like he wants people to know — ESPECIALLY us provincial New Englanders — that they just don't have the wide, worldly perspective that he's gained through his fabulous journey to Ohio State and Dallas and other real football meccas. He's big on yeah-buts: "yeah, but, that gets overplayed here" and "yeah, but, what people in New England don't understand." He's big on showing that he understands what mere mortals don't. He's got something to offer — which is why I'm listening to him talk Tebow right now — but that desperation to put himself above everyone else is off-putting and sometimes leads me to change stations (or I guess these days, close the window with the stream).

Give that man a cigar!!!

He's big time here now. Rap treats him like a rockstar... It's comical. NFLN gigs are the equivalant of ESPN back in the day. Silver platter deals you can hardly screw up. Yet he had one foot outside the door because he's such a fratboy type. Drawing the short straw on lockout duty, which turned out to be the drama ratings leader of last spring and summer, saved his ass. And for the most part all the insight he offered was what was delivered for lunch...

See, that's how you can tell that Breer has never attended a playoff game in Foxboro. The cold actually fires up the crowd and keeps them on their feet, IMO. Plus the mediots have hyped Tebow up so much even the red seats will want to see blood. Maybe that's a small thing we can thank the media for!

Now that 98.5 has been brought up, Fleger and Mazz are awful. I don't get the radio station here in Maine. But they are on TV now CCSN.

All week this week it seems that they have dug deep into their bowels to find nagative things to rant about the Patriots. Yesterday, it was Brady only has Welker, Gronk and Hernandez to throw to. Denver will shut those three down and he will have no one else to throw to. Has anyone shut those three down? What about Branch or Woody or the other RB's?

And they do all this with silly assed smirks on their faces, I can stand the sight of them. So yes, I did change the channel, even ESPN is better than those two.

Now I do not expect sports talk shows to be cheerleaders for the Patriots. And if they have negit points to make, so be it. But these 2 have been reaching all week, like making a big deal that the Patriots were 0-2 this year against teams with winning records. That is true but what is the records of the teams that they played when they played them. Nope don't want to bring that up, it would kill their negative rants. :mad:

EDit: that felt good to get off my chest.

That whole unholy empire Felger has spawned merging CBS and Comcast is really ruining even my few remaining delusions. They had DA on the other night and talk about a face for radio :eek: Not to mention anyone on with them seems to lose all control and rational perspective. Bedard was on the other night and I chose not to watch lest all hope is lost.

Ok, I have put up with his weekly "so and so team is a far tougher match up for the Pats than people think" and "the Pats are due for a stumbling loss and I think this week is it", but now he is getting ridiculous.

In his current bashing session of Devin McCourty, he stated he talked with Jets personnel and he got the sense "The reason they chose Kyle Wilson over Devin McCourty" is because they run a man defense and they didn't think McCourty could run it. Apparently it had nothing to do with the fact that the Jets drafted Wilson with the 29th pick and the Pats selected McCourty with the 27th pick. If the Jets felt that McCourty could play man defense, the Jets still would have drafted McCourty even if he was undraftable at the point they draft.

Rumors were that the Jets were interested in McCourty. Granted rumors are just that. But Breer likes to recreate history to trash the Pats. The Jets might have still taken Wilson if they did have the choice, but he made it sound like the Pats got stuck with the player the Jets didn't select.

I don't get it. Ever since he has gone national, he has been one of the biggest Patriots basher. If his arguments were based in reality, I guess I wouldn't mind. But the guy goes out of his way to say the Pats aren't really good even if he has to make stuff up.

BTW, he is currently going through the playoff teams stating why the Pats won't be able to beat anyone.

Jets guy is right they were targeting Wilson all along. bellichick knew that as well. Micheal holley digs into that pick in the last chapter of War Room

He's juat another media hack with an agenda. He think's he has enormous street cred now because of his coverage during the lockout. He's a pompous azz. Always was, even worse now. He, Tommasse, Skip Bayless, Marshall Faulk, Michael Felger, Tony Misreable, Ron Borges, Dan Shaughnessy and countless others can go take a leap off the Zakim Bridge.

Bedard was on the other night and I chose not to watch lest all hope is lost.

Funny, I saw Bedard's tweet that he was going to be on and thought for a second about tuning in. But I long ago decided that show was no longer worth listening to — all due respect to Bedard.

Breer, to me, is closing in on ignore status, unfortunately. I think there's some attraction here because he's a local guy on the national stage and there's potential. But schtick's like his — such as throwing out other people's perceptions from around the league and hiding behind them to stir the pot — grow old fast.

Jets guy is right they were targeting Wilson all along. bellichick knew that as well. Micheal holley digs into that pick in the last chapter of War Room

What they thought is irrelevant to the conversation. It isn't why they took Wilson over McCourty as Breer sugguests. They took Wilson after McCourty was drafted. What Breer said was the Jets had a choice between the two which they didn't.

As for who the Jets wanted, unless we hear it from the Jets we will never really know. You can't take Breer's take on it based on what his information he claims to have gotten because his information is factually wrong. The Jets never passed on McCourty because they never had the opportunity to. They may very well have, but they didn't have a chance to.

more breer

So how about this ... Next year, when someone gets all giddy in October and says, "It's a quarterback league" ... Tell 'em to shut up.

... Remember, in Brady's 3 championship years, it was hardly all about the quarterback in Foxboro. Now, it most certainly is.

Assuming this holds up ... Two of the three super aerial shows with deficient defenses will be eliminated. #DefenseWinsChampionships

more breer

So how about this ... Next year, when someone gets all giddy in October and says, "It's a quarterback league" ... Tell 'em to shut up.

... Remember, in Brady's 3 championship years, it was hardly all about the quarterback in Foxboro. Now, it most certainly is.

Assuming this holds up ... Two of the three super aerial shows with deficient defenses will be eliminated. #DefenseWinsChampionships

Yet over the course of the season he was wet over Rodgers and Brees

LOL! Breer just said learning this offense isn't hard for a WR because Jabar Gaffney came in here early in the season of 2006 and was the leading receiver that year. Breer actually covered the team for the Metrowest Daily News. Gaffney sucked that year until the playoffs which was ten games after he was picked up.

Breer doesn't know football. Gaffney is very bright and that's why picked up the offense quickly. Earlier this year Gaffney said the offense was difficult to master, the toughest in all of football, because there are so many reads. And he is right.

more breer

Tom and Eli say hello.

Everyone needs to prepare themselves for the "Denver is not a playoff team", downplay leading up to the game. Opponents winning percentage, schedule ease and porous defense will all be brought up. In the end, they'll play on Sunday. As sure as I am that they play on Sunday, the Monday morning soap box will be available. When all you do is talk, you never really get a chance to say anything. Sad but true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News