PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Horrible Columbinesque tragedy unfolding in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sick to my stomach. I have no words to say.

Folks, I'm going to respectfully ask once more to please keep this thread as a gathering place for information and condolence to the victims of this senseless tragedy.

Any socio-political analysis of HOW or WHY this happened should be done in the Political Forum.

Many of us just are trying to get through this day, especially with our children scheduled to return home in the next several minutes. I can speak for my wife and me, regarding our 12 and 8 year old, that we are still deciding on how to handle this without them being any less enthusiastic about getting to school on Monday morning. (Of course, that is after we hug them for about 10 minutes).

Last edited:
Shooter identified as a Ryan Lonza, a man in his early 20's, and he is deceased inside the school. Police began searching a home near the school shortly after clearing the school itself that is believed to be a family residence. Reports are a dead body has been found inside that home as well. The shooter reportedly traveled to the area this AM and was not living in the area although he grew up there and is known by residents. School principal and school psychologist were shot according to an eyewitness. No word on their condition.

The kids were told a half truth, that there was an animal loose in the school. There are reports over 100 rounds were discharged.

Last edited:
To think that some parents are going home tonight and will see the present under the Christmas tree that their kid will never open is heart wrenching.

am watching a dvd with my two sons at home tonight.
I am the lucky one.

Guys.

I know a few here are from CT. Please please I hope no-one is directly affected here.

Stay safe everyone.

Thoughts and prayers to those affected. Sickens me to the fabric of my being.

Apparently the shooter (Ryan Lanza) killed his dad in NJ and then drove to CT to kill his mom, who is a teacher at the school.

Should have saved everyone the trouble and sadness and just ended his pathetic existence.

Coward.

This is absolutely awful, I am nervous sending my kids back to school on Monday.

kindergarten kids....what kind of scumbag even THINKS of something like this?...

A mentally unbalanced twentysomething male who plays video games. There is your answer.

so...this guy's mother and father were found dead in their home in New Jersey, so he drove up to Connecticut and went beserk....how in the world do you prepare for THIS?

wait...he murders his father in Jersey, then drives to Conn. to murder his mother ...and anyone else in the way....150 friends on Facebook...I mean, there's plenty of people who know this guy and no one could see he was cracking up??...there's no way to prepare for something like this...this guy was obviously building up to this explosion

Last edited:
so...this guy's mother and father were found dead in their home in New Jersey, so he drove up to Connecticut and went beserk....how in the world do you prepare for THIS?

There's only so much that you can do to prepare for crazy/evil.

awful.......... my heart goes out to all of those affected by this tragedy

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families that have lost a child today. I have a 16 month old boy and I dont know what I would do if I lost him. My fiance and I bought a house in Trumbull, CT, BUT we almost bought a house in Newtown. I am glad we bought the house in Trumbull. There is so much I want to say about this, but I will save it for the political forum!

wait...he murders his father in Jersey, then drives to Conn. to murder his mother ...and anyone else in the way....150 friends on Facebook...I mean, there's plenty of people who know this guy and no one could see he was cracking up??...there's no way to prepare for something like this...this guy was obviously building up to this explosion

ABC is reporting it was a male found in the family home. His mother reportedly was a teacher...an assumption might be at that elmentary school.

The wonders of social media dicate that most friends on facebook are anonymous strangers.

the tv, here too, opened their news with this terrible one... really really terrible ... heartfelt condolences to the families

IBN just released his twitter handle on his Twitter feed. The shooters Tweets scream nutjob.

Ryan Lanza was a sad sack example of a human being...to your point there were signs of this before today.

I'm looking at this guy's photos of himself....if I saw this kid on the street I'd wouldn't pay him any notice...I certainly would never think THIS kid would be capable of doing something so horrific....

ABC is reporting Lanza's younger brother is in police custody but it's not known if he was involved or is in custody for his protection or as a witness. Fox is reporting the father was found dead in Hoeboken, where the son was living, but there are also reports of a male deceased at the home in Newtown. No word on the mother.

Last edited:
All I will say is this:

There is a special place in hell for those who harm children. I hope that this bastard is screaming in agony wherever his miserable soul ended up.

Ryan Lanza is posting right now on Facebook and posting it is NOT him...obviously...WTF is going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back