PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Horrible Columbinesque tragedy unfolding in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(:confused::mad::eek::(:confused::eek::mad:

It's impossible to find any sense in all of this and it is times like this that would make even the strongest of believers question their faith, but in the end let's just hope and try to take a lesson from it as a country and a society. I'm more affected by this than I would think. I'm not a religious man, but this is one time I will pray for the children and families affected by this. :(

My condolonces to those in the region and any board member who may be affected. I hope you find strength in your family and friends to get you through.

It breaks my heart to hear this news, esp. the surviving kids that will no doubt have nightmares for years to come.

I may sound old school, and I do not know the details around the shooter, but I just wish they would start taking the violence off of TV, and video games...lines blur for people sometimes.

God bless...

I live no where near CT, but when you hear stuff happening like this ANYWHERE in this country, you just get this pit in your stomach. It's absolutely sickening.

Thoughts and Prayers to the families affected.

It's just unbelievable. I work at the state's flagship institution and one of my students used to go to Sandy Hook. Naturally, she's devastated.

Awful, awful thing. No words adequately describe it..... :(

Last edited:
I have a kindergartener and a preschooler. This is too much to process. Too much to handle. How will these parents deal with this? My life would be over.
I haven't been around here much since you reported the birth of your first. I since have a kindergartner and a two year old myself (well, grandchildren). I can't believe this tragedy either. God bless.

This seems unfortunately appropriate today...with a few verses adapted for today's events from the original......

Garden of Stone

They wiped away the snow
and laid down a single rose.
Thinking of what might have been,
and pain only the bereaved knows.

Another tear falls in a garden of stone.....

He or She could have been President,
a ballplayer or won a Nobel Prize.
But it'll never come to be,
and they'll never look into their eyes.

They followed the usual routine
Like they did every other day.
But something went oh so wrong,
Now they don't know what to say.

Another tear falls in a garden of stone.....

They watched the First Responders
and they said that he/she was gone.
A life snuffed out too early,
never to see another dawn.

Another tear falls
in the garden of stone.
Another day passes
and they're all alone.

The world gets older
but they’re still five
And they dream of things,
They’d do when when they were alive

Never ride a two wheeler,
Or take another bus to school.
All they have are their memories,
They've lost their precious jewel.

Never play in little league
never steal a first kiss,
They think of all those things
They’re going to miss.

Never go to college,
never walk down the aisle,
Never know the joys of parenthood.
They miss each of them all the while.

Another tear falls in the garden of stone.

MKK

OK, folks, I have deleted 5 of the last 7 posts. Please respect the message in this thread that it is a thread for grieving and condolences not for each and every political viewpoint under the sun to get espoused.

There is a political forum on the website just dying to have more posters for healthy debate (you owe me one, Icy Patriot!)

The five, in order, concerned:

1) video games and their effect
2) the need for gun control in the US
3) the need to preserve the 2nd ammendment
4) how Europe has less religion, more sex in the media and less gun violence
5) a mixture of all the subjects

No one is being banned from this thread, but you have to take those posts over to the PoFo.

This tragedy happened just 9 hours ago. This soon into it, it is still a human tragedy, not some ethereal political debating point.

If you feel a need to bloviate during this time of grief, please do it in the proper forum. Otherwise you are just killing the thread that has been a comfort to alot of us. Think of this particular thread as a Wake or a Shiva for our community. You don't go to these things and exclaim out loud "Well, he smoked like a chimney, that's the problem right there!"

This is the 3rd time requested.

I understand many of us are looking at different ways to deal with this and some very good hearted people are right now searching for reasons. Please go over to the PoFo, there is (and I'm sure will continue to be) very lively discussions by posters who care deeply about what happened today.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case