PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Horrible Columbinesque tragedy unfolding in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports are that he shot and killed his mother too. She was a teacher at Sandy Hool and one law enforcement source says the children shot were in her class...

I'm looking at this guy's photos of himself....if I saw this kid on the street I'd wouldn't pay him any notice...I certainly would never think THIS kid would be capable of doing something so horrific....

They got pictures of the wrong kid. If this is true, it really is unbelievably irresponsible of CNN and other news networks.

Last edited by a moderator:
his mother was a kindergarten teacher...he went in and killed her...then little kids....he killed his brother in Hoboken...he kills his mother and THEN he murders little kids...this is demonic

The AP is reporting that Lanza's girlfriend and a friend are missing.

Last edited:
these third party shooter games that populate the net...they are all about wholesale slaughter and desensitize some individuals....fantasy has continually overlapped reality since as long as there 's been human societies...just look at the psychotic behavior of Caligula 2000 years ago .....

Listen, this is a HORRIBLE tragedy, but let's not show how uninformed we are. My 12 year old nephew plays Call of Duty Black Ops II for 3 or 4 hours a day, yet, he is well adjusted, is an honors student, and practically burst out crying when he heard what happened today. Video Games do not make people killers. There will always be crazy people who have access to GUNS, and act out their twisted ******* insane fantasies. There was no graphic video games when killers like The Zodiac or Son Of Sam decided to kill innocent people. It's deranged people with access to guns, not access to video games. My heart goes out to all families affected in today's senseless killings.

Sickening. Just horrible. So senseless, sinister and evil. Makes me want to vomit.

Can't even imagine what those families are going through right now. God bless them.

What a crazed world we live in these days.

what part of "densensitize SOME individuals" do you not get? If you think I implied that, you're wrong...how you can read my Caligula reference and then lecture me about Son Of Sam and the Zodiac and my ignorance, is totally moronic. I know all about BTK, the Green River killer, Gacy, Bundy, Dahmer et al. THIS is something totally outside the serial killer realm.

I remember one time when you didn't have to be so concerned about terrorists entering our country....now some of our own people born on this soil have become terrorists within the borders.

Horrible tragedy again and you wonder when its going to stop...if ever.

Its a sad thing when you can't take your family out to the movies or send your children to school and wondering if this might be their last day on earth. :(

There is no safe place anymore and its horrible to beleive.

My condolences to all the people touched by this tragedy. I can't begin to fathom what could drive anyone to do something so evil.

Damn, guys, let's not do some horrific message board thing and debate the causes, etc. of this.

It's a horrible tragedy, thoughts and prayers to the families. For now, that is all.

I live in Monroe about 10 mins from that school and have a thankfully too young by a year 4 year old who is in daycare. I can not imagine the pain 18 moms and dads are going thru right now and my heart goes out to them.

Thoughts and prayers to the families of the lost as well as to the little children whose lives have been altered.

Thoughts and prayers to teachers and parents everywhere today.

The earth, in all it's majesty, is a sadder place today.

Ryan Lanza's facebook page has been taken down now...there is so much misinformation here it's hard to say what has happened except for the body count...

Ryan Lanza's facebook page has been taken down now...there is so much misinformation here it's hard to say what has happened except for the body count...

Agreed, news is now reporting it was his little brother (20 y/o) Adam and NOT Ryan.

To think that some parents are going home tonight and will see the present under the Christmas tree that their kid will never open is heart wrenching.

Absolutely terrible that these parents have to shift from planning Christmas (or a different holiday) for their children to having to select a casket and make funeral arrangements.

I have no idea how I would cope with that. Really no adequate way to describe how wrong this is.

Absolutely terrible that these parents have to shift from planning Christmas (or a different holiday) for their children to having to select a casket and make funeral arrangements.

I have no idea how I would cope with that. Really no adequate way to describe how wrong this is.

I'd hope to one day get back to "functional," but I'd never, ever be right again.

So now we have another deletion, thread banning, and infraction points given. I guess some are just too lazy to read the thread, or too knee jerk to control their typing fingers.

Either way, the next time there has to moderation action taken, the thread will be closed and those who still want to comment on this can do so on the Political Forum.

Ryan Lanza is posting right now on Facebook and posting it is NOT him...obviously...WTF is going on

There is more than one person in NJ with that name...

A Ryan Lanza has been identified as the shooter. His younger brother is in police custody as they determine if he had any knowledge of or involvement in the shooting. The death count is now 20 children, 2 of whom died at the hospital, six adults all deceased at the scene plus the shooter deceased at the scene. There is a male deceased at the mother's house reported to be either a relative or her boyfriend.

Less new out of NJ beyond reports that the father was killed at a home there (perhaps parents were divorced) and Lanza's girlfriend and other friend are missing.

I've got this up on CNN...anybody else watching a different source???...every few minutes the story morphs in a new direction...who is the deceased in New Jersey?...if this is the younger brother of this kid Ryan, where is Ryan right now? why is the Facebook page suddenly deleted? Evidence?....

edit:.just read your post ,Mo....what a tangled web

Last edited:
his mother was a kindergarten teacher...he went in and killed her...then little kids....he killed his brother in Hoboken...he kills his mother and THEN he murders little kids...this is demonic

Demonic is a strong word, but I'm not sure it's strong enough for that. One of the worst things I've ever heard of, and I spend time in the genocide in Rwanda and the civil war in Sierra Leone, so I've seen my share of atrocities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down