PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Horrible Columbinesque tragedy unfolding in CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
jeezus krist...look at this...this little kid...4th grader...explaining in detail what he and the other children witnessed....I'm in tears...can't believe this

This is just absolutely horrible. It's a senseless and cowardly act to start with and to do it to a bunch of little kids is just unthinkable and unimaginable - and just 11-days before the holiday. As a parent I can't even fathom it and just pray the parents family members and friends of those affected somehow find the strength to get through it :(

My son in lock down at the high school a few miles away. At least he will be coming home.

the police just arrested a person dressed in black with camouflage pants in the woods nearby..

Horrible tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go to the victims and their families.

the police just arrested a person dressed in black with camouflage pants in the woods nearby..

I read that along with the fact the person who did the shooting was armed and wearing a bulletproof vest. Needless to say the worst part about it is they obviously planned this. How in the world you premeditate killing a bunch of little kids in an elementary school just defies logic. I'm absolutely blown away.

Last edited:
I read that along with the fact the person who did the shooting was armed and wearing a bulletproof vest. Needless to say the worst part about it is they obviously planned this. How in the world you premeditate killing a bunch of little kids in an elementary school just defies logic. I'm absolutely blown away.

these third party shooter games that populate the net...they are all about wholesale slaughter and desensitize some individuals....fantasy has continually overlapped reality since as long as there 's been human societies...just look at the psychotic behavior of Caligula 2000 years ago .....

any info on the shooters at this point?

sounds like there were 2....maybe 3?

i can "understand" when a kid snaps......or even an adult in some effed up instance......

but more than one person, planning something like this, in an elementary school?

big WTF right there

It doesn't make sense and it never will. I really can't think right now about anything besides those poor kids and their families and how horrific this is.

Folks, I have had to delete 7 posts by this point from people on all sides of the political argument.

This is not the time or the place.

We have a political forum on this website where everyone who wants to make immediate, knee jerk reactions to an unspeakable tragedy can bloviate to their heart's content.

It would be appreciated if that can be compartmentalized over there.

Thank you.

Last edited:
500 children???...try five million....the insanity has finally traveled east and reached us here in New England...24 years old, bulletproof vest, at least four weapons....you mean to tell me no one had any clue what this sick moron was up to?

I need to word this correctly but for me this type of stuff started in New England. My Junior year in High School in Gardiner, ME a kid came into our school with a loaded rifle. Rounded up the office faculty and while that was happening the teachers cleared out the school and put us in a fenced in softball/field hockey field. The kid/gunman came out and shot in the air and then pointed the rifle at the field. Luckily he didn't shoot at us as we ran to hop the fence to the woods. The faculty and police talked him down and fortunately no one was injured. This was in 1995, before Columbine.

They are also reporting that the shooter was a father of one of the children which attended the school. Mind boggling.

This is madness.

I cannot fathom any of this. Gonna give my two young boys extra hugs tonight.

these third party shooter games that populate the net...they are all about wholesale slaughter and desensitize some individuals....fantasy has continually overlapped reality since as long as there 's been human societies...just look at the psychotic behavior of Caligula 2000 years ago .....

except that none of them place the player in an elementary school to shoot little kids

Horrendous.

Thoughts and prayers for all of those affected by this.

22 kids were also stabbed today in china by a crazed man

This world is becoming a very scary place.

I have a 5 year and can't imagine the pain and grief and my prayers go out to all affected by these tragedies.

mine wasn't political.......you had no right to take it down as it did not break any rules. this thread however is better off in another place

He has a "right" as a moderator to delete any post that he feels may cross the line, or be at the line. And by questioning his "right' to do so on the open forum, instead of a PM, you have earned the "right" not to post on this thread again.

Last edited:
Self-deleted.

Last edited:
I have a seven and an eight year old in elementary school right now. What a cowardly and awful act. AGH!!!!!!!!!!

Reporting the shooter's name is one Ryan Lanza, grew up in Newtown but living in Jersey.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back