PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Fan passed away at Gillette Last night

I mean sure. But I don't think a prosecutor is going to hit the guy with tax evasion or driving without a license.
He can’t be charged with being a Dolphins fan in the Patriots stadium, which is the only reason to charge him.

He can’t be charged with being a Dolphins fan in the Patriots stadium, which is the only reason to charge him.
They can sentence him to watch all the Patriots Super Bowl wins on a continuous loop 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

No. If he's the instigator, he can be charged with manslaughter.

If he's not, he can still be charged with manslaughter but he has an extremely solid self defense case.

If it's clear to the prosecutor it is self defense, then no changes will be filed.

You can be charged with manslaughter if you attack someone and they have a heart attack and die during or immediately after the fight.
That's what happened to the Kerrigan family. An altercation led to a heart attack, and the "kid" did a couple years behind bars.

Tragic story all around. Definitely makes you stop and think.

I just got a work email regarding 2024 Annual enrollment. I was going to do this regardless, but I'm definitely choosing a low deductible plan this year, that way I'm not hesitant to get my body checked over.

After reading this story though, I'll probably elect for more life insurance for the wife and kids.

and of course the autopsy magically finds "no traumatic injury"... surely Krafty Bob or one of his coat holders got to the ME and DA
I’m not a dr but if the guy didn’t get into a fight and found the problem ahead of time and took care of it he could have lived another 30 years?
So I’m thinking the guy should still be charged hitting your head and being in a traumatic fight could of been the cause of it.

Which wouldn’t have happened if he didn’t get attacked.
Thanks Tyreek for inciting Dolphin fans.

I’m not a dr but if the guy didn’t get into a fight and found the problem ahead of time and took care of it he could have lived another 30 years?
So I’m thinking the guy should still be charged hitting your head and being in a traumatic fight could of been the cause of it.

Which wouldn’t have happened if he didn’t get attacked.
Thanks Tyreek for inciting Dolphin fans.

But again... according to every story I read, Mooney is the one who initiated the physical altercation. The Dolphins fan never left his seating area. How does that make the Dolphins fan the attacker?

he attacked someone and now they're dead

"no reason to charge him"

holy cow

Tune I know you‘ve been a long time STH. I have also had ST for 30 years. Had them in the 80’s for 3 years
It is like night and day from the old days
It was the O.K. Corral in the old days. Bringing a younger fan back then was like rolling the dice
Presently it is pretty mellow. You always get a few drunken cowboys. But they get put in their place pretty quickly

With resale of tickets to NFL Ticketmaster the STH is not held responsible if someone gets in trouble. Only if they sell them on their own

Worst fans I have observed. Philly and Ravens
I’ve had them for 36 years, before Kraft bought the team ever single game there were all out brawls in our parking lot, shortly after here come the State Troopers with their dogs.

I don't drink when I go because I won't pay the ridiculous prices for a beer.
All my years going down to games I do not drink during or after the games, I do tailgate for several hours before having som beers and cooking for everyone.

It is amazing how many people make multiple trips to buy beer during the game, they come back double fisted each time, they. They must be spending at least $100.00 a game, I don’t get it.

he attacked someone and now they're dead

"no reason to charge him"

holy cow
It sounds like Mooney left his area and started the conflict with him. If Mooney, initiated the physical contact, which it's sounding like is the case, then there is really no way they are going to charge the person who was staying put for throwing a punch after someone else escalated the situation. Throw in that there were outlier medical complications that the other party couldn't reasonably know that contributed to the death, it's a case a DA might not want to charge.

I'm not saying that this is why the guy hasn't been charged... but doesn't this video also show that Mooney had a choke hold on the Dolphins fan's throat? I imagine that the guy is claiming that he feared for his safety due to that choke hold, so maybe the police feel he was defending himself?

Either way, such a tragic end to what should have been a fun night at the stadium.
Apparently Mooney was scuffling with a different Dolphins fan ... reported to be @2 minutes.
It seems ... of course eyewitnesses and not official that this fan saw this and reached in with 2 punches @ head area.
The photo in article I linked seems to add evidence for this ... but yes ... conjecture is not official police investigation.

Last edited:
In MA there is no "real" right to self defense. There is no castle doctrine, there is no stand your ground law. Anyone claiming self defense must prove that they did "everything possible" - whatever that means - to deescalate the situation. So if if the Miami fans claims "self-defense", Mr. Mooney and his family should be able to nail them on this.

Bottom line play stupid games get stupid prizes on both sides.
However RIP

Bottom line play stupid games get stupid prizes on both sides.
However RIP
If Mooney got attacked by someone and was scuffling with that someone and a 3rd someone came over and hit Mooney and subsequently killed him (which is what it sounds like), than this 3rd someone better (or should have to) invest in some KY

Apparently Mooney was scuffling with a different Dolphins fan ... reported to be @2 minutes.
It seems ... of course eyewitnesses and not official that this fan saw this and reached in with 2 punches @ head area.
The photo in article I linked seems to add evidence for this ... but yes ... conjecture is not official police investigation.
There seem to be several witnesses and each one has a slightly different version. We need to wait until all the facts are out then we’ll see what happens.

There seem to be several witnesses and each one has a slightly different version. We need to wait until all the facts are out then we’ll see what happens.
The old he said she said.
Sounds like fun.

In MA there is no "real" right to self defense. There is no castle doctrine, there is no stand your ground law. Anyone claiming self defense must prove that they did "everything possible" - whatever that means - to deescalate the situation. So if if the Miami fans claims "self-defense", Mr. Mooney and his family should be able to nail them on this.
It's a crowed stadium and (if true) Mooney approached and attacked him. Where's he going to retreat to? If you have nowhere to go you have the right to defend yourself. And good luck trying to get a jury to convict on that. Phins fan or not. MA law or not.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back