NFL Trade Deadline Rumors, including Bourne and Agholar

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Deadline is November 1...

i

Patriots WR could get more snaps elsewhere​

Multiple teams have called the New England Patriots about wide receiver Kendrick Bourne, a talented run-after-catch guy with a reasonable $3.5 million salary. The Patriots have been inclined to keep him, but teams have a few weeks to change their minds.

The Las Vegas Raiders are always one to watch with New England deals since general manager Dave Ziegler, a former Bill Belichick lieutenant, has executed multiple trades with the Patriots since taking over Vegas in January, including one for offensive tackle Justin Herron last month.

Bourne would welcome a change in uniform due to declining opportunities. After 55 catches for 800 yards on 70 targets last season, he is on pace for 44 targets this season. Wideout Nelson Agholor is a name that comes up in discussions across the league, too.

I dunno about this situation. If everyone is healthy then they have too many guys but they all seem to be dealing with some small individual issue. The Bourne situation is still unresolved and now he has turf toe. Agholor keeps dropping the ball…

We kind of know Agholor won’t be here next year with Thornton taking his job, Thornton is looking good already and trading Agholor should give you several million in cap space so I’m somewhat inclined to trade him if someone will take him. Otherwise I would probably keep everyone else.

Something to keep in mind is BB loves Odell Beckham & his potential suitors don’t look too good in the rams & packers. The pats should be in play with a win streak.

Meyers, Beckham, Thornton & Parker would be something. It would allow them to trade Bourne or Agholor as well.

Something to keep in mind is BB loves Odell Beckham & his potential suitors don’t look too good in the rams & packers. The pats should be in play with a win streak.

Meyers, Beckham, Thornton & Parker would be something. It would allow them to trade Bourne or Agholor as well.
I don't see us going after a wr before the trade deadline unless it's for a "True #1". I would say Odell is more of a number 2 right now. Plus, I think he's going to look for a lot of money. I think if we make any moves, expect them to be more "depth" kind of players. O-line, CB, LB would be areas I think we'll focus on. We also don't have a lot of money right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if we looked to trade Agholor or Bourne, but not sure what we would be able to get in return. I also like our depth right now at WR.......Injuries are going to happen as we've seen there.

I could see Wynn to the Rams for a pick. Tho not sure this Rams season is worth trying to salvage.

Trade idea: Agholor, Wynn, and Bryant to KC for Nick Bolton MLB and a 5th rounder.

Trade idea: Agholor, Wynn, and Bryant to KC for Nick Bolton MLB and a 5th rounder.

Nick Bolton is one of their best defensive players. Fat chance on that happening.

I know Bourne has had personal issues with the team this year, but word was he was going to have a big role this past weekend before he was injured. He has a relatively low contract and is capable of being very productive if the Pats stick back to the current system rather than what they were running earlier in the year.

Agholor has been a turnover problem, has a contract the Pats would love to get from out of being under, and is a free agent next year. Plus Thornton can replace him as the speed guy outside. He is the most likely trade prospect. The issue is teams would rather trade for Bourne than Agholor.

I don't see us going after a wr before the trade deadline unless it's for a "True #1". I would say Odell is more of a number 2 right now. Plus, I think he's going to look for a lot of money. I think if we make any moves, expect them to be more "depth" kind of players. O-line, CB, LB would be areas I think we'll focus on. We also don't have a lot of money right now.

I wouldn't be surprised if we looked to trade Agholor or Bourne, but not sure what we would be able to get in return. I also like our depth right now at WR.......Injuries are going to happen as we've seen there.
Odell would easily be the patriots number 1. He’s got more talent than all the Patriots wide receivers combined save Thornton

I don't think the Pats are in the running for Odell. I think he really wants to go to a contender and the only team that makes sense is Buffalo or maybe KC. GB, TB, and LAR were also rumored to be interested in him but they have not had good seasons.

Odell would easily be the patriots number 1. He’s got more talent than all the Patriots wide receivers combined save Thornton
Sure but not this year. He will be back from a ACL tear. You're usually not yourself until year 2 post injury.

He's not a "true number 1" in my opinion, plus he's coming off two major knee surgeries. I would pass the can on Odell, especially considering how much money he is going to be looking for and our depth at that position.

He's not a "true number 1" in my opinion, plus he's coming off two major knee surgeries. I would pass the can on Odell, especially considering how much money he is going to be looking for and our depth at that position.
I’m baffled. Do you think he was never a true number 1 or do you chalk it up to you believing he is currently past his prime?

I can guarantee you when he came into this league he was a true number 1, with hands athleticism speed and body control that were a once a generation level talent

I don't think the Pats are in the running for Odell. I think he really wants to go to a contender and the only team that makes sense is Buffalo or maybe KC. GB, TB, and LAR were also rumored to be interested in him but they have not had good seasons.

OBJ loves Belichick. So there is always a chance he would sign with the Pats. But he wants to be paid. So I am not sure Belichick wants to sign him.

I’m baffled. Do you think he was never a true number 1 or do you chalk it up to you believing he is currently past his prime?

I can guarantee you when he came into this league he was a true number 1, with hands athleticism speed and body control that were a once a generation level talent
I agree that at one time he was a number 1, after two knee surgeries though and from the eye test of watching him last year, I would consider him more of a number 2 at this time. I know he's only 29, but he's not a Chase, Kupp, Jefferson, Adams, Diggs, Tyreek or Evans. To me, those guys are true number 1's.

He is no longer a true #1. He failed at it in Cleveland and was overrated at it in NY. He was successful when he went to the Rams because Cooper Kupp was the #1 receiver and drawing doubles and the best CB leaving OBJ to have favorable match ups.

I agree that at one time he was a number 1, after two knee surgeries though and from the eye test of watching him last year, I would consider him more of a number 2 at this time. I know he's only 29, but he's not a Chase, Kupp, Jefferson, Adams, Diggs, Tyreek or Evans. To me, those guys are true number 1's.
That’s fair

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back