PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Earl Campbell on the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Campbell is responsible for his own actions. Maybe he has a line of sports nutrition bars or something that needs a name recognition boost. Who knows. Maybe he just decided "NOW is the time to say something idiotic!!!"

I disagree with Campbell's considered analysis, of course, as do most of the fans here. Campbell, however, has no special insight to offer on this. He's been out of the game for decades. Beyond that, he's evidently unaware of the equivalent behavior the Jets exhibited, with their accompanying "everybody does it" explanation.

So yes, if you read the various inputs from around the league as I do, Earl Campbell should be held up to ridicule. I did not ridicule his running style, his grit, or his gigantic thighs. I'm glad to ridicule his opinion on this particular news itsm, regardless of what he does or does not get out of it.

Although I did not see the interview, by the way, the description of him being barely coherent is consistent with the outcome of his analysis.

PFnV

He is a buffoon he attacked our team. Now we shall unleash the dogs of war. He reminds me of Ali, a loudmouthed fraud who is now punch drunk.

In regards to his thighs maybe if they wont so big he would have went down sooner and not took so many costly shots to the head.

He is a buffoon he attacked our team. Now we shall unleash the dogs of war. He reminds me of Ali, a loudmouthed fraud who is now punch drunk.

===================================

You guys are killing me, now we are hating on Ali.:confused:

Man,

You guys who are hitting on Earl Campbell are missing one point. The guy is on so much pain medication that he probably really didn't understand where he was or what was going on.

I busted my back and legs up in a helo accident in the Navy. While at Bethesda, I had so many different meds in my IV c*cktail that the JAG officers wouldn't allow the safety board to interview me because they said my comments might be unreliable do to the meds. I agree. There were entire parts of my stay that I simply do not remember.

Campbell is likely in the same boat. He has to sleep in a chair, for heaven's sake. He can't even walk and needs a driver to get him around and a personal assistant to sort his meds, bills, etc.

I put the blame for this squarely on ESPN, and those b@stards ought to be ashamed of themselves for this interview. I can give him a pass on his comments.

Earl was one of the very best RB's ever, and ought to be remembered that way. He deserves better than this.

Last edited:
Exactly.
Blame ESPN
I don't usually make excuses for guys but cut the guy on serious meds some slack. The espn vampires are sucking his soul to boot ratings. F them.

Exactly.
Blame ESPN
I don't usually make excuses for guys but cut the guy on serious meds some slack. The espn vampires are sucking his soul to boot ratings. F them.

Exactly, why are we so interested what Campbell has to say about this. If its his opinion good for him it still does take away what a great player he was and the problems that he has now. That is what ESPN should be reporting on.

If my fellow Pats fans want to feign some outrage, then direct it at ESPN for being so loathsome as to put this poor old man in such a position; taking advantage of his failing health to add some "juice" to a non-story at the expense of his legendary status in the game. This is truly a low point for ESPN, in my eyes.

Shame.

It's no different than when they (it was ESPN wasn't it??) put Joe Namath on the air after he'd had a few drinks at a Jet's 35th reunion of the 1969 team. What did they expect, a doctoral dissertation? They got a drunken guy making passes at the sideline reporter. They should have known better. It's the same here and if Campbell is in chronic pain, chances are as one poster noted, he's taking lots of pain meds and they affect your lucidity....

BB is the coach of the year
Tom has received more than 1 awards
Pat record is 16-0 and goes for 19-0
Tom and Randy and other people NEW record.
We have more members to go to PRO BOWL than any team out there.

my only intelligent question for these morons is WHY the hell do people vote for this team and team members if pats and its member are bad as they said.?

I just watched the video. Actually, it was pretty sad to watch him being exploited.

As far as what he said, looked like he was so juiced up he was probably being told what to say to create controversy.

Last edited:

I didn't think anyone would be a bigger idiot about this than DonBlackmon55. Sadly, you've proven me wrong.

Another hasbeen loser looking for 15 seconds of tv time. Nobody remembers him - now he can put his sunglasses and goback to pimping to make a living

Nobody remembers him? Are you kidding? Earl Campbell was an amazing football player. Everyone who saw him play remembers him.

Just saw this on ESPN news. He is wearing sunglasses, he is clearly heavily sedated, and he is mumbling unintelligibly. I think he was saying that the Patriots are cheaters and should apologize to all of their opponents this year, and that there should be an asterisk next to their record.

Sad to see him in that state, but even sadder that ESPN would air this garbage that is insulting not only to the Patriots, but also to the great Earl Campbell.

This only further proves my point about the media going out of their way to reach for a story. They are trying to make the Patriots mad, and make other teams and players look bad in the process. It's sickening what the media has been doing this postseason.

Earl Campbell is one of the greatest players ever to play the game. There's no need to insult the man.

You obviously didn't see the interview. When did Campbell get so brain damaged? Seriously, he sounded like a washed up boxer ala Leon Spinks or Larry Holmes when was talking. 100 too many NFL hits to the head? SI's Don Banks was on with Tanguay and Felger tonight and has it right, who cares what Earl Campbell thinks about anything?? :cool:
:rocker: Still embracing the hate and loving every single blessed minute of it!! :rocker:

I didn't think anyone would be a bigger idiot about this than DonBlackmon55. Sadly, you've proven me wrong.
I doubt I'm the first to prove you wrong ,or the last.

Don't forget Mr. Rogers. He's dead, and he wore those 'neat' sweaters, I'm sure you've saved a few stomps for him.

I doubt I'm the first to prove you wrong ,or the last.

True, when it comes to being idiots, people often fall even lower than I think they will. You're just another in a long line.

When threads get as long as this one, each post is somewhat devalued and is less likely to be read. I am not necessarily posting this for anyone to read, but have to write this out of personal integrity.

I saw both Payton and Campbell play in their primes. I never saw a greater running back than Earl Campbell. He was the best I've ever seen.

Earl Campbell is one of the greatest players ever to play the game. There's no need to insult the man.

I wish there wasn't a need to do so ......However, when old mumbling Earl starts talking out of his rectum instead of his mouth..........what a despicable, and pathetic A-HOLE!!!! Tarnishing his image further....sad...sad....sad..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back