PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Earl Campbell on the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just b/c he WAS a great player gives him no right to berate the Pats accomplishments. If you got nothing better to say STFU. If you open your mouth, then you will be responded to appropriately.

Whe a effin loser. Like i said, nobody knows him or cares for him now.

Nobody knows Earl Campbell? Are you effin insane?

Nobody knows Earl Campbell? Are you effin insane?

Yes?

Sad if football fans really don't know Earl Campbell.

If my fellow Pats fans want to feign some outrage, then direct it at ESPN for being so loathsome as to put this poor old man in such a position; taking advantage of his failing health to add some "juice" to a non-story at the expense of his legendary status in the game. This is truly a low point for ESPN, in my eyes.

Shame.

Earl Campbell is one of the greatest players ever to play the game. There's no need to insult the man.

Being a former great player does not protect one from criticism. If he's eff'd up on national television, then he needs help. He's no different than anyone else.

If my fellow Pats fans want to feign some outrage, then direct it at ESPN for being so loathsome as to put this poor old man in such a position; taking advantage of his failing health to add some "juice" to a non-story at the expense of his legendary status in the game. This is truly a low point for ESPN, in my eyes.

Shame.

I think this can go two ways though. If he wanted to be on just to do this, then it's a shame. If they sought him out for just this, shame on them.

It does bring some minimal attention to how badly these players are treated though. To see these men is horrifying. Payton was one thing, he was sick. This man and so many others are like this because they played in the very NFL that has turned it's back on them--disgusting to say the least.

Another hasbeen loser looking for 15 seconds of tv time. Nobody remembers him - now he can put his sunglasses and goback to pimping to make a living

What you just said makes no sense, is ugly, stupid, and is probably coming from an alcoholic rage.

Just saw this on ESPN news. He is wearing sunglasses, he is clearly heavily sedated, and he is mumbling unintelligibly. I think he was saying that the Patriots are cheaters and should apologize to all of their opponents this year, and that there should be an asterisk next to their record.

Sad to see him in that state, but even sadder that ESPN would air this garbage that is insulting not only to the Patriots, but also to the great Earl Campbell.

He's lucky if he can still walk.

This is all about just not liking the Patriots. The thing is way overblown.

Shame.

No doubt.

I've lost ANY respect for ESPN. Do people really think an old Oiler (I say that because it's not even as if Campbell would have any reason to have something against the Pats) would go out of his way to appear on TV and say this? I remember listening to it thinking, is this fuggin guy outta his mind? I had no idea that he had to take so much medication, but then against I'm not surprised. I'm only 17, but watching old highlights that guy hit you like a tank, and eventually that can't last.

Point I'm trying to make is, being on a bunch of freaking pain pills is like you or I going on TV drunk expecting to say something intelligent. To criticize a guy who is on a high due to another doctor shoving pills down his throat, it's pretty low. I think a lot of you need to do some research before opening your mouth. Pills take you wayyyy out there, and it was obvious Campbell was anything but sober. You people are surprised he mumbles? Obviously some of you never stepped foot around a pill popper. Not calling Campbell that, just sayin'.

This man and so many others are like this because they played in the very NFL that has turned it's back on them--disgusting to say the least.

It is hard to believe but some the NFL's oldest and most fierce warriors are just forgotten as if they had never existed. Don't look now but there are a lot of homeless and forgotten Viet Nam vets, Gulf War vets, and Iraq War vets haunting our streets now. You wanna talk disgusting? Take Earl Campbell and multiply times a million.

Another hasbeen loser looking for 15 seconds of tv time. Nobody remembers him - now he can put his sunglasses and goback to pimping to make a living

Congratulations on your Homer of The Year award. A former player has an opinion that criticizes your team, therefore he is a nobody. Maybe you can drink from your award, then again, maybe you ought to sober up.

No doubt.

I've lost ANY respect for ESPN. Do people really think an old Oiler (I say that because it's not even as if Campbell would have any reason to have something against the Pats) would go out of his way to appear on TV and say this? I remember listening to it thinking, is this fuggin guy outta his mind? I had no idea that he had to take so much medication, but then against I'm not surprised. I'm only 17, but watching old highlights that guy hit you like a tank, and eventually that can't last.

Point I'm trying to make is, being on a bunch of freaking pain pills is like you or I going on TV drunk expecting to say something intelligent. To criticize a guy who is on a high due to another doctor shoving pills down his throat, it's pretty low. I think a lot of you need to do some research before opening your mouth. Pills take you wayyyy out there, and it was obvious Campbell was anything but sober. You people are surprised he mumbles? Obviously some of you never stepped foot around a pill popper. Not calling Campbell that, just sayin'.

Way off topic....but you are very well spoken and have great sense of perspective for someone who is 17. Kudos to you.

He just another person being taken advantage of by ESPN for ratings. I understand how he feels, it's his right to say what he feels. This guy is an example of the NFL NOT taking care of their own. I hope ESPN paid him well, he needs all the money he can get for new knees and whatever else he needs.

I've found there are 2-3 camps on the Pats this year
  1. Some feel Belichick should be kicked out of the League and the Pats shouldn't be allowed in the playoffs
  2. Pats cheated, but that doesn't reflect on this year
  3. Everyone does it, get over it.
I wasn't sure where I stood until I heard hall of fame coaches saying it's been happening for years and they thought is was a joke that it was blown out of perportion the way it was. Unless every offensive lineman that holds, with that hold leading to a TD is called a cheater, then Belichick just broke a rule. With all the crap going on (Tenn/Colts agreement) and nothing being said, I could care what others think.

OT
Nice to see that DonBlackmon55 comments are in the minority on this subject, Proves not all Pats fans are classless.

Last edited:
No doubt.

You may only be 17 but you have a much more thoughtful perspective than many posters here.
Burn in Hell ESPN or whomever for exploiting a guy ravaged by pain and concussions to get a controversial sound bite.

OT
Nice to see that Lektro comments are in the minority on this subject, Proves not all Pats fans are classless.

Excuse me? I think my post was sympathetic to Campbell, and fiercely anti-ESPN. Nice reading comprehension skills.

Shame.
That's exactly where I was going with this, ESPN should be ashamed. On one hand these whore's are trying to milk the Pats great season for all its worth and then backhanding the spygate for more overblown exposure by parading relics like Mercury Morris and now Earl Campbell for uninformed insight. BTW note to ESPN Earl Campbell's body was exploited by Bum Phillips and and the NFL which he is paying for dearly, do you really think it was worthwhile to ruin the memory of him to expose and exploit his obvious diminished mental capacity too. Hope they are proud in Bristol. Maybe 24 hrs. a day is too much time for sports.

Excuse me? I think my post was sympathetic to Campbell, and fiercely anti-ESPN. Nice reading comprehension skills.

====================================

My Bad Letekro, I am very sorry I will edit my Post.

It is hard to believe but some the NFL's oldest and most fierce warriors are just forgotten as if they had never existed. Don't look now but there are a lot of homeless and forgotten Viet Nam vets, Gulf War vets, and Iraq War vets haunting our streets now. You wanna talk disgusting? Take Earl Campbell and multiply times a million.

Not the same thing ! Government is expected to be incompetent ! Successful big business is a different story. The NFL has made millions and millions of dollars, the Players Union has millions, the current players in the NFL have millions and millions. No wonder Ditka is losing his mind, with all that money, they could do wonders for these guys.

All the Vets on the streets ??, it's not the way you make it sound ! I live in a family with 4 war vets and 3 currently in the service. According to those 7, most would have ended up on the streets anyway. The only exception is Nam vets, they were ignored and treated badly when they got home, most just snapped.

I find it strange that "DonBlackmon55" was so dismissive of Campbell. Don Blackmon played most of his career with Campbell in the league. Maybe the guy formed a negative opinion of Campbell while watching the Patriots play against him, something a lot here weren't around to do. Or maybe "DonBlackmon55" is actually 15 and just picked an old Patriots name out of a list on a website. The evidence points to the latter.

My .02 :

ESPN and NFL network are milking the patriots for all they're worth in an otherwiser boring NFL season with few good stories. This means raising controversy to surround the team. The only people they are going to get this from are

1) Those with an agenda ( '72 Dolphins)
2) Those who are no longer playing with a full set of cards ( Earl Campbell). Regrettable to say the least
3) A combination of both (he of the crack smoking and hair pluggin fame)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back