PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Childress Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kick that ass Favre to the curb because at this point Jackson probably gives you a better chance to win, and prepare for next year.

Ziggi Wilf has gotta be having kittens as his corporate welfare master plan to con the taxpayers into paying for his new stadium is collapsing faster than matter into a black hole

Childress couldn't bounce back from this | StarTribune.com

I like this line:
The way the Vikings collapsed at home, fell to 3-7 and how they behaved on the sideline, I just have that feeling the basket with all the eggs in it was dropped and run over by a cement truck.

Regarding Favre, there is this:
To me, it would be a toss-up as to whether I'd name Leslie Fraizier or Darrell Bevell the head coach. But I'd go with Frazier because there's a respect there that Frazier gets for having not only played the game, but having been a starter on the 1985 Bears.

Also, it would be easier for Frazier to make the decision I'm sure no coach wants to face: Telling Brett Favre it's over.

That's too bad. I was enjoying watching the tail spin. What's next for Chilly? A new coaching head coach/coordinator gig? Will he be a head coach at the collegic level? I doubt any network would bring him on as an analyst. Perhaps he'll become a flight attendant.

He should go back to acting. He was great in The Green Mile.

You know who its time for...

Attachments

• bill+parcells.jpg
    bill+parcells.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 122
Well, this guy was just a horrible head coach. This is not a shock. What a total mess things are in Minnesota.

Green Bay is now responsible for causing two coaches to get fired.

So you are saying that if GB beats NE badly in a few weeks we could have Bill O'Brien as interim HC of the NEP? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Random thoughts:

When Leslie Frazier gets canned, will the headline be, "And Down Goes Frazier!!"

Seperated at birth: Childress and Mr. Noodle from Seseme Street.

Rumor has it that Childress has already been contacted by Dancing With The Stars.

I think at this point the question is who does Frazier want to start? You could argue that the ol' hillbilly gives the team the best chance to win, so Frazier will want him in there to show that he deserves a head job. Or he may try to show the Vikings and any other potential employers that he's not afraid to stand up to Favre and try to develop a QB.

I think at this point the question is who does Frazier want to start? You could argue that the ol' hillbilly gives the team the best chance to win, so Frazier will want him in there to show that he deserves a head job. Or he may try to show the Vikings and any other potential employers that he's not afraid to stand up to Favre and try to develop a QB.

Great point. Vikes have clearly bottomed out. Will fans still show up to games with Tavarian Jackson or Sage Rosenfels under center? Just don't know. What I do know it that the team can't play any worse.

It's not that easy to tell the three of them apart.

288903.jpg
Michael+Jeter.jpg
Mrnoodle.jpg

The ONLY reason to keep Favre in at this point is to try to save face for paying him $1million a game this season. His stats...

10 TDs (23rd)
17 INTs (1st)
5 Lost Fumbles
69.8 Rating (32nd)

...he's playing among the worst football at the QB position in the NFL.

My Vikings buddy in Canberra is very happy with this development. He's wanted Childress gone for a while.. his exact words were "he's the ******ed version of Andy Reid".

Last edited:
I'm actually saddened by the news. With us owning the Vikings 3rd, I was hoping Chilly would last the year and continue to drag the franchise further and further down. Now they might actually win a few games.

Listen to his former QB tell him not to be a smart-ass. Then the QB's inflated ego brags about a block he makes. You can tell the coaches think he's a doo-bag. :D

Brett Favre - News, photos, topics, and quotes :bricks:

scroll down for the video

Last edited:
I'm actually saddened by the news. With us owning the Vikings 3rd, I was hoping Chilly would last the year and continue to drag the franchise further and further down. Now they might actually win a few games.

Pretty much this. The Vikings might win a couple of games for Frazier. Then again, as long as Favre is playing, they will always have a chance to lose.

He'll get a job as a TSA security guy. Perfect fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News