PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The Hot Seat

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
So far McDaniels has been axed... Bills fired Ken Dorsey... Pittsburgh is still calling for the head of Matt Canada...

This morning I read Frank Reich in Carolina is also under growing pressure from wildcat owner David Tepper...

Outside of our beloved HC, whose seat is rumored to be growing a titch warmer by the hour ( don't you believe that you silly geese ) who else is looking at standing in line at the unemployment office this year?

Vrabel? Daboll?
I heard something the other day that was intreseting.

When looking at Bill's coaching tree you see mostly rotten apples. But when you look at his ex-players who are coaching, in general they've done much better. Why would that be?

When looking at Bill's coaching tree you see mostly rotten apples. But when you look at his ex-players who are coaching, in general they've done much better. Why would that be?
Because of the different personalities? Players learn the game on their own and most likely learn what works and what doesn't when dealing with a coach...

Coaches otoh learn coaching from Bill... What works for him doesn't (necessarily) work for them... His style is imprinted on them, and they fail at developing their own particular style of coaching... After **** hits the fan, they no longer have the knowledge ànd experience Bill has to fall back on, often leading to failure...

Would be my guess at any rate

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
I can see the league hiring BB for next season. In the meantime I wouldn’t expect a trade and I think his time here is up. Enjoy what’s left of his run in NE even if the team makes it difficult.

That’s what makes Mayo’s eventual HC tenure (here or elsewhere) interesting to me, as he was a player drafted by Bill, coached by Bill, and then became a co-DC under Bill. So he ticks both boxes.

Reactions: sb1
If Vrabel does get fired, things would get very interesting for the Kraft's.

Hot Seat:

Mike Vrabel (Going in the wrong direction)
Matt Eberflus (Going nowhere)
Brandon Staley (Underachieving)
Brian Daboll (Going nowhere)
Ron Rivera (Going nowhere)
Arthur Smith (Going nowhere)

So far McDaniels has been axed... Bills fired Ken Dorsey... Pittsburgh is still calling for the head of Matt Canada...

This morning I read Frank Reich in Carolina is also under growing pressure from wildcat owner David Tepper...

Outside of our beloved HC, whose seat is rumored to be growing a titch warmer by the hour ( don't you believe that you silly geese ) who else is looking at standing in line at the unemployment office this year?

I think it's a real chance during that in off-season McDermott could be out as well. As for our legendary Coach.. I don't believe for a second he gets fired. (IMO) see a mutually agreed upon parting of ways. Things come full circle in life. It's telling how BBs patriots HC tenure is ending just how it started in 2000.

Well, Vrabel is the only HC that was a player for the Pats. He certainly could've had influence from Bill, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The Coaches from the Pats such as Mangini, McDaniels, Patricia and Flores all started learning everything from Bill. So they don't know any different. Then you have O'Brien joining later who already had coaching experience in College. In short, they all were warped into thinking that doing things how Bill does will guarantee success. They just didn't know any better.

Take your pick on the worst offender between Mangini, McDaniels, Patricia, O'Brien, Judge and Flores. They all have something in common and that is they were immediately hated or having very weird stories about them. Patricia immediately told Lions players there were nothing, waved his rings around and said he was the reason the Pats drought ended in 2014. Lions players were already calling for Patricia to be fired during the 1st training camp. O'Brien self destructing in Houston trading DeAndre Hopkins and comparing him Aaron Hernandez. And now McDaniels being known having a Napoleon complex trading Jay Cutler because he was threatened by him, Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler controlling the locker room. Trading Peyton Hillis because he wife was attracted to him. And the best of them all, he addressed the team saying to not worry he traded Cutler because he could take any High School QB and make him an All Pro.

Coaches underestimate how much BB does/did for them. This is a classic problem in subordinates saying “I could do my bosses job!” or “The VP/CEO makes millions doing nothing!”

Interesting observation. Aside from Brandon Staley the coaches doing well have a good QB and the coaches doing bad have a bad QB. Ergo it would be smarter to fire GMs than fire coaches.

Frank calls games Like the panthers are tanking despite not having a first round pick.

Dudes legit horrible.

Well, Vrabel is the only HC that was a player for the Pats. He certainly could've had influence from Bill, but that doesn't seem to be the case. The Coaches from the Pats such as Mangini, McDaniels, Patricia and Flores all started learning everything from Bill. So they don't know any different. Then you have O'Brien who came in later who already had coaching experience in College. In short, they all were warped into thinking that doing things how Bill does will guarantee success. They just didn't know any better.

Take your pick on the worst offender between Mangini, McDaniels, Patricia, O'Brien, Judge and Flores. They all have something in common and that is they were immediately hated or having very weird stories about them. Patricia immediately told Lions players there were nothing, waved his rings around and said he was the reason the Pats drought ended in 2014. Lions players were already calling for Patricia to be fired during the 1st training camp. O'Brien self destructing in Houston trading DeAndre Hopkins and comparing him Aaron Hernandez. And now McDaniels being known having a Napoleon complex trading Jay Cutler because he was threatened by him, Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler controlling the locker room. Trading Peyton Hillis because he wife was attracted to him. And the best of them all, he addressed the team saying to not worry he traded Cutler because he could take any High School QB and make him an All Pro.

There are two more - Kevin O'Connell in Minnesota & Kliff Kingsbury formerly in Arizona

Frank calls games Like the panthers are tanking despite not having a first round pick.

Dudes legit horrible.
yeah, hope he keeps his job though

one less team to be worried about in terms of competition if the once unthinkable does happen after this season

There are two more - Kevin O'Connell in Minnesota & Kliff Kingsbury formerly in Arizona
I knew I was forgetting guys.

Interesting observation. Aside from Brandon Staley the coaches doing well have a good QB and the coaches doing bad have a bad QB. Ergo it would be smarter to fire GMs than fire coaches.
It's such a basic thing that for some reason people refuse to see.

Because of the different personalities? Players learn the game on their own and most likely learn what works and what doesn't when dealing with a coach...

Coaches otoh learn coaching from Bill... What works for him doesn't (necessarily) work for them... His style is imprinted on them, and they fail at developing their own particular style of coaching... After **** hits the fan, they no longer have the knowledge ànd experience Bill has to fall back on, often leading to failure...

Would be my guess at any rate
Yeah, that makes sense. The ex-players have more of a personality than the coaches and may also be respected more by the current players, or know how to handle them. It's interesting to see that there's a difference.

another guy who doesn't get brought up often, isn't a player, but was here for a few years is Brian Daboll
Yeah, but he got his coaching gig from under McDermott. So I would put him under that tree.

Ditto with Jim Schwartz. He coached under Bill, but his claim to fame was under Jeff Fisher.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back