PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Chad Pennington out for season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. As much as I hate the Jets and Phins, Chad was always a class guy. Didn't get the due respect from the Jet fans he deserve.

Guy played hurt and gave his heart to the organization and the fans treated him like crap.

Agree 100%. The Jets did not apreciate him.

Chad's a professional and a warrior. I wish him the best. He's a class act.

QB12

While you hate to see someone gets hurt but this could be good for them in the long run. I've always like Chad Henne. I think he has the potential to be a very good quarterback. Should be interesting to see how they do for the rest of this year.
Yeah I agree. In fact, they might be better off now too.
I like Henne and was pretty bummed when he got drafted into the AFCE.

I agree. As much as I hate the Jets and Phins, Chad was always a class guy. Didn't get the due respect from the Jet fans he deserve.

Guy played hurt and gave his heart to the organization and the fans treated him like crap.

======================================================

I feel bad for Chad, at least he got to stick it to the AFCE last year.

tough guy, I always call him Lion Heart, one of my all time favorite Jets.

But damn he is fragile.

I hated thinking it, but I knew this was the way he would go out, he might make a come back, I am just afraid next time he will leave on a stretcher.

I wonder how long before the Eagles pull a "Kevin O'Connell" and trade Jeff Garcia (who they signed for nothing) to Miami for a 6th-rounder in the '10 draft...

I feel bad for Chad, at least he got to stick it to the AFCE last year.

tough guy, I always call him Lion Heart, one of my all time favorite Jets.

But damn he is fragile.

I hated thinking it, but I knew this was the way he would go out, he might make a come back, I am just afraid next time he will leave on a stretcher.

Yeah, I hope he's done, for his sake. A shoulder can only go through so many surgeries. He was pushing it after the last one. Now, I don't think we'll see him again. The guy will make a HELL of a coach if he has any interest.

I'm on business in South Florida today. Listening to the local radio station, they are already predicting how many games the Dolphins will go before a win. They are predicting 8-9 games before their first win.

It sucks. I love that the Dolphins are heading down the drain, but not by injuries.

It's beautiful karma for all the ******* people around here throwing Brady's injury in my face. Lets see how their team handles their starter going out. This is what I said at the start of the season to everyone and I'll repeat it, Pennginton cannot be depended on. He's not that good, but way wayyyy worse than that is he cannot, will not, has not, never will, stay healthy for 2 years. It just never happens. The Dolphins should have seen this coming in depending on him.

It's going to be beautiful listening to the fans here cry yet again about Miami's futility at QB :D

Nothing but respect for Pennington here. He's a warrior. I hope this isn't the end of the road for him, he deserves a chance to go out playing.

Nothing but respect for Pennington here. He's a warrior. I hope this isn't the end of the road for him, he deserves a chance to go out playing.

:agree: I'm not going to be like a classless D*ck like a lot of Dolphin fans were when Tom Brady went down. Looks like the Chad Henne experiment is starting early. Hes supposed to be their QB of the future so lets see how he develops over the season. Good luck to them this season.

Last edited:
He knew, his face on the bench afterwards was a realisation he's done or atleast out for a good portion of the season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him sign on with the Pats as the vet back-up if he doesn't land a starting job next year.

2 things: no way does he sit the bench next year. If daunte culpepper is still got a starting job- before his injury - do you really think no one will sign him? I think people in tampa right now would love a pennigton And people in Miami can't wait to get him back.

I don't see him coming to New England ever. How old is he? Little ypnger than Brady? I don't see the problem molding Hoyer into the everyday backup. He impressed a lot durig camp.

Lol maybe he becomes the 2x comeback player of the year-

best wishes on geting healthy, Chad!

Lol maybe he becomes the 2x comeback player of the year-

best wishes on geting healthy, Chad!

He won come back player of the year 2006 and 2008, he was also 2nd in MVP votes to Peyton in 08.

The Pats are going to sweep them this year.

It's beautiful karma for all the ******* people around here throwing Brady's injury in my face. Lets see how their team handles their starter going out. This is what I said at the start of the season to everyone and I'll repeat it, Pennginton cannot be depended on. He's not that good, but way wayyyy worse than that is he cannot, will not, has not, never will, stay healthy for 2 years. It just never happens. The Dolphins should have seen this coming in depending on him.

It's going to be beautiful listening to the fans here cry yet again about Miami's futility at QB :D

That's a bit much. Pennington has been a pretty good quarterback. He has taken three Jets teams to the playoffs and one Miami team as well. Injuries are a part of football. That's just life. A good player on several bad teams.

As for the Dolphins, I can't stand them. But I don't wish injuries on any team. Let's be cool people.

At least we should not hear from loudmouth Joey Porter bragging about his team and how good they are this year.

I don't think anything will shut Porter up. The guy is a classless douchebag. But Pennington is exactly the opposite. I feel bad for him but I don't think anyone can come back from 3 shoulder surgeries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft