PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for KC's offense, what weapons do they have that we need to worry about? Kelce? I guess they have a good running game right? But they don't have any wide receivers.
I'm also curious as to what our offensive gameplan will be against their D.

empty sets, spread the ball around.
we can't run on anyone, so dont even try. but we'll see at least 6-7 HB draws for a 2-3 yards a clip IF we're lucky.

What's amazing about yesterday's game is that if Hoyer doesn't throw three picks in the first half (plus another for good measure in the second half), the Houston D actually would have given them a chance to make it a game and maybe even shift the momentum in a big way.

So, I guess I feel quietly confident about Sunday's game, depending whether the Pats have used these two weeks to get an Offensive Line that doesn't play like cardboard cutouts and on exactly how "healthy" Edelman and others, especially Brady, are. Remember, before all the injuries to his line, receivers and running back, it was Brady's mobility in the pocket that fueled the 10--0 start. Everybody available will have to play their best game against this Defense. It would also help the cause if both Charles and Maclin are both out.

FWIW, the Pats opened as five point favorites, with the line dropping to 4 or 4 1/2 overnight.

Stop the run and make Alex beat you.

Patriots has had problems with stopping the run (especially the outside run). They need to step up.
Hightower's return should greatly help this.

GOD d%#*!@t BENGALS YOU CHOKERS. Now the Broncos will moon walk into the AFCCG
The Steelers will either come into Denver feeling invincible after last night's mess or they will be as flat as pancakes. Also, a lot will depend on how Big Ben's shoulder progresses over the next few days. This is exactly the kind of game that Peyton has made a career out of losing.

I'll be over there this week to revel in their stupidity
Good luck. You will be starving for a morsel of legitimate football-related conversation. Most over there think the game is already won for the Chefs.

Interestingly enough that beatdown by KC last year might be a good blueprint for the Pats... KC's roster will look pretty similar now with no Maclin on offense (presumably), and now there's no Charles this time around either. The personnel on both teams isn't exactly the same but it's similar, and both teams will be running pretty much the same schemes - BB can use the tape to highlight how KC matched up against certain types of NE formations, etc.

Interestingly enough that beatdown by KC last year might be a good blueprint for the Pats... KC's roster will look pretty similar now with no Maclin on offense (presumably), and now there's no Charles this time around either. The personnel on both teams isn't exactly the same but it's similar, and both teams will be running pretty much the same schemes - BB can use the tape to highlight how KC matched up against certain types of NE formations, etc.

The pats personell on offense is kinda same except dobson and vereen. Even edelman was in that game. Should be interesting.

7 things we learned on a wild (card) night in the AFC playoffs

5. The Chiefs aren’t especially flashy, but they play solid football, don’t make a lot of mistakes and make plays when it matters.

Kansas City won 10 straight down the stretch to propel itself into the postseason, but the Chiefs weren’t particularly overwhelming on offense, especially after Jamaal Charles went down. If there was an offensive strength, it’d be the ground game, which was good for sixth in the league in the regular season. They play solid, stout defense — they were third in the league in scoring defense with 17 points per game allowed, have one of the best young corners in the league in Marcus Peters and the D is coming off the first playoff shutout since the Panthers blanked the Giantsin the 2005 wild-card round. They’re not the most talented bunch, but they don’t commit a ton of penalties, are good at taking care of the ball (they were plus-14 in the regular season, second-best in the league, and were plus-four on Saturday) and don’t put themselves in bad situations.
Sounds a lot like 2001 pats ammo.

Pretty much a blind fan base starving for recognition of any kind. They really haven't had any kind of success since Priest Holmes and Joe Montana/Rich Gannon before that.

KC has done a good job this season and I'm expecting a good game. All I ask is for better play calling, less timid calls before half etc. hopefully with the 4 great players back from injury this team will perform like they have earlier.

Oh boy, stay off the chiefs forum. They make indy fans look knowledgeable. You'd think they'd try and tone down some of the expectations especially after losing the only player who would demand a little respect from Belichick. Instead its the same type of chest beating and bravado that ends with the fans looking for a regime change after realizing they haven't accomplished a thing.

These damn flyover states! It's as if they have nothing better to do than negatively fixate on the Patriots . . . . well, that and meth.:rolleyes:

You know at first I was disappointed we wouldn't draw Cincy but at least we don't run the risk of dirty and cheap shots to our WRs all game long

The pats personell on offense is kinda same except dobson and vereen. Even edelman was in that game. Should be interesting.
Maybe we should start Jimmy G? If I recall he had a decent series or two? Or maybe just flex him out and run the wildcat with ninko and hicks....

Kansas City since the start of the 2013 season.

Won 9 in row
Lose 6 of 8
Won 7 of 8
Lose 6 of 9
Won 11 in a row

Talk about hot and cold.

Collins will shut down Kelce then what do they have

Alex Smith outrunning a spy who is slower than him, not that that's enough to win the game. If the Pats take care of the ball and don't blow-up on special teams, they should win.

So Maclin has a high ankle sprain. Even if he plays, he can't be effective right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents