PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sound like it will be tough for him to play.

Boys will be ready to go, time to kick off the repeat!!!

Well, lets not get too crazy. The O-line, when much much healthier last year looked horrible against the Chefs. Plus the overall health of the team isn't great. I think this is a matchup nightmare for the Pats.

Last edited:
What to watch for: Divisional Round games primer - NFL.com

Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots, 4:35 p.m. ET (CBS)

1. Which Patriots team is going to show up? Wide receiver Julian Edelman, tackle Sebastian Vollmer, linebacker Dont'a Hightower, and defensive end Chandler Jones are among the key starters New England is hoping to get back on the field. They struggled in December to protect Tom Brady or run the ball. Now they have to get right against the best scoring defense in the league over the last three months.

2. Bill Belichick said the Chiefs have won 11 straight by capitalizing on others' mistakes, and making few mistakes of their own. They have a similar profile to the 2001 Patriots, another team no one took seriously until they won the Super Bowl. Alex Smith is one of the best running quarterbacks in the league, but he's been on a bad streak of ugly interceptions with four picks in his last three games. The Patriots secondary has been a playmaking group led byMalcolm Butler and Devin McCourty, so Smith needs to be careful.

3. The Chiefs famously destroyed the Patriots in Week 4 last season, a loss that seemed to turn thePatriots season around. Kansas City ran the ball well that night, and they have been on a roll lately withSpencer Ware and Charcandrick West. Ware took center stage in the wild card round and is more dynamic. Kansas City's line is better at run blocking, so look for them to try to wear down the Patriots.

Lol.......

The Patriots absolutely should win, not because of anyone KC is without. But because we are just the better team (as long as we have Edelman, Hightower, Vollmer, etc back as expected).

But the most LOL of the post there is suggesting Travis Kelce can be as effective as Gronk. Laughable. And frankly insulting to Gronk. You are saying Kelce can be as effective as the guy who is essentially the best TE to ever play the game? That is absurd. Oh and Jason Avant sucks too.

Lastly KC's 11 game winning streak is very meh. Wins during the streak include Chargers x2, Raiders x2, Ravens minus Flacco, Browns, Bills, Lions pre firing everyone and a mediocre as hell Houston team.

Only good wins were at Denver and vs. Pitt.

My wife kept saying Kelce reminded her of Gronk. I kept saying, "No way," but he is an effective receiver. I'd like to see him get pounded by whatever DE is lined-up across from him, before he is covered by Collins or Chung.

The DL will be playing contain on Smith anyways. Stack the box to stop the run, beat-up Kelce, and stop Smith's running game, and the D should be alright. The offense will have a tougher go of it.

A high ankle sprain for a Wide Reciever is a 2-6 week injury.

Highly, highly doubt Maclin plays and even if he does, he's essentially a decoy, like Gronk was in the second Super Bowl against the Giants, when he had a high ankle sprain of his own.

And remember, Gronk had a bye week in the middle of that as well and he was still extremely ineffective. No way Maclin is a threat on six days rest.

I got some good laughs out of that thread. Thanks. Pats might as well not even show up next week. Just wave the white flag and let the Chiefs rest up. I may join that forum and troll them. We'll see.
What gets me is that a lot of them think the game will be a cake walk due to a game that happened last season.

Last edited:
Loks the same as most other fan forums of teams the pats play except they like the 'annal" they use it a lot.I believe this is the same area of the county that i read about someone being caught having sex with a mule. He said his p****er went "Crazy" , he couldn't control it.
Lmao I'm not really surprised. I'm pretty sure the meth use is supposed to be pretty high too.

I will get banned.......no 2 ways about it......reveling in their stupidity has no limits, but I am sure their moderators do

Please refer to their injured WR as "Maclain" and continue to do even after being corrected, all while apologizing and feigning that it is an accident.

I'm sure someone mentioned it already but I find it amusing that we now face KC in the playoffs after last season's loss and the "We're on to Cincinnati" phrase being born.

I guess all things come around. We're on to KC. What it means, we'll find out.

I got some good laughs out of that thread. Thanks. Pats might as well not even show up next week. Just wave the white flag and let the Chiefs rest up. I may join that forum and troll them. We'll see.

Wow. A whole lot of derp over there. Things I got:

Locker rooms bugged
NFL is pro Brady and Pats o_O
Brady is immobile, a statue.
He won't have time to heave it downfield (zero knowledge of the Pats offense when healthy)
Their front 7 is dominant (Houston can't hardly play)
Their secondary is garbage. (Butler says hi)
The Chiefs will pound the Pats.
Maclin isn't that good.

There's more but that's a nice summary of their intelligence level.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna mock the Chiefs fans, they have a damned good team that has won ELEVEN games in a row while the Pats went 4-4 in the second half of the season. Should be a very evenly matched game, and they have knowledge of how to beat us, killed the Pats last year, a completely healthy Pat's team.

A lot of you are acting like this is a foregone conclusion that we are gonna beat the Chiefs easily. I need to have proof the Pats can beat a good team (couldn't beat some bad teams). If we have a somewhat healthy team, and play like we did in the first half of the season, then I'd be confident. Let's get the swagger back.

I'm not gonna mock the Chiefs fans, they have a damned good team that has won ELEVEN games in a row while the Pats went 4-4 in the second half of the season. Should be a very evenly matched game, and they have knowledge of how to beat us, killed the Pats last year, a completely healthy Pat's team.

A lot of you are acting like this is a foregone conclusion that we are gonna beat the Chiefs easily. I need to have proof the Pats can beat a good team (couldn't beat some bad teams). If we have a somewhat healthy team, and play like we did in the first half of the season, then I'd be confident. Let's get the swagger back.

They are facing the team that won one of the toughest SBs in recent memory. This Pats team is much different than the one that went to KC.

Those games they "rested" almost were wins. So the Pats are at home, the Chiefs are actually more banged up than the Pats and people expect the same or even close to last year.

Right.

They are facing the team that won one of the toughest SBs in recent memory. This Pats team is much different than the one that went to KC.

Those games they "rested" almost were wins. So the Pats are at home, the Chiefs are actually more banged up than the Pats and people expect the same or even close to last year.

Right.
This is a better Chiefs team than last year. I really wanna see the Pats beat the Chiefs easily, but I just don't see it. If the Pats win it'll be by 3-4 points.

Right.
And it's the freakin playoffs where BB and TB12 usually shine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes