PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a better Chiefs team than last year. I really wanna see the Pats beat the Chiefs easily, but I just don't see it. If the Pats win it'll be by 3-4 points.

They actually played like poop yesterday. It wasn't until the Texans D tired that they moved the ball. The only weapon the Texans had was Hopkins and a terrible Hoyer. Pats will beat those pretenders by 10. Tight early, pull away late. Be an easier game than the Ravens last year I'll tell you that.

Don't you guys find it a little funny that this team is the reason we say "On to ____" ?

Is that when this started?? Week 4, last Year??

I was too busy Pointing & Laughing at the Chicken Littles to notice!!
jester.gif

IF, and that's a really big if, there's any chance Maclin can take the field, even hobbled, he will. We thought Gronk was out with a knee injury....

To quote Dan Fouts from The Waterboy, "It's the last game of the season, Brent, you can't hold anything back!"

MusBerger likes Pie.

I know how to distract Andy Reid. Everyone going to the game needs to bring KFC signs and posters with food on it!

I was hoping we'd play the Chiefs. My thinking is that if the Pats don't start playing better they'd lose to anyone, and if they have to lose, I'd rather they lose to a good team. On the other hand, if the Pats show up and can beat the Chiefs, then I think they have a real shot at another Super Bowl. Go Pats!

The only thing that worries me about KC offense is their run game, specially when they go outside. Pats offense will probably have a few new plays to keep their D off balance. Pats should win but it's the playoffs so anything can happen.

Please refer to their injured WR as "Maclain" and continue to do even after being corrected, all while apologizing and feigning that it is an accident.

Ending each post with Yippee-Kai-Yay would add to the hilarity.

Those of you thinking we "should" win because they are without Maclin and Charles haven't been paying attention to KC. They've gone the entire 11 game winning streak without Charles. KC still put up 10 points after Maclin went down. KC still have Travis Kelce, who is can be just as effective as Gronkowski. The Chiefs also have a veteran in Jason Avant at receiver who can still be effective as a 3rd/4th receiver..

I know the Patriots won't be over-looking KC. Especially after the drubbing they just put on Houston.
Agree. I don't understand the overconfidence in this thread.

They've won 11 straight. The Pats are 2 and 4 since Denver.

I'ts great that the Pats are getting guys back but it remains to be seen in what capacity they can play. This is far from automatic in my mind.

They actually played like poop yesterday. It wasn't until the Texans D tired that they moved the ball. The only weapon the Texans had was Hopkins and a terrible Hoyer. Pats will beat those pretenders by 10. Tight early, pull away late. Be an easier game than the Ravens last year I'll tell you that.
They won 30-0, imagine if they play well. Hoyer was complete and udder dog poop, he was horrendous, but KC still scored points against the vaunted Houston defense.

Agree. I don't understand the overconfidence in this thread.

They've won 11 straight. The Pats are 2 and 4 since Denver.

I'ts great that the Pats are getting guys back but it remains to be seen in what capacity they can play. This is far from automatic in my mind.

In the last 8 weeks this team is 4-4.

I don't know where the over confidence is coming from either.

They won 30-0, imagine if they play well. Hoyer was complete and udder dog poop, he was horrendous, but KC still scored points against the vaunted Houston defense.
Houston turned the ball over 4 times on offense and probably had several 3 and outs as well. KC sucked too just scoring 30 was shameful and embarrassing for them

Back in the day, we used to win low scoring defensive battles where we had to tough it out, this might be one of those games. And with this defense I am confident we can win a cold january low scoring game in late january. I really am not worried about the defense. I am not afraid if we have to make Alex Smith beat us. the 2011 NFC championship game is a perfect example of this. Can the offense do enough to win this game? it is very hard to say, If Brady has time, I think it can get ugly, But I expect the defense to hold KC under 20. 24 at the most

Houston turned the ball over 4 times on offense and probably had several 3 and outs as well. KC sucked too just scoring 30 was shameful and embarrassing for them
I wouldn't say it was embarrassing but it explains the one sided score. Points alone don't indicate how the game went. Hoyer handed them possetion after possession. You have to be bad to not score 30 points. KC wasn't bad.

I'm not gonna mock the Chiefs fans, they have a damned good team that has won ELEVEN games in a row while the Pats went 4-4 in the second half of the season. Should be a very evenly matched game, and they have knowledge of how to beat us, killed the Pats last year, a completely healthy Pat's team.

A lot of you are acting like this is a foregone conclusion that we are gonna beat the Chiefs easily. I need to have proof the Pats can beat a good team (couldn't beat some bad teams). If we have a somewhat healthy team, and play like we did in the first half of the season, then I'd be confident. Let's get the swagger back.
I'm all over the place on this.. Part of me thinks it cant possibly be tougher than the divisional last year against the Ravens, but of course it can, we could lose..

If i recall, in the first half despute 3 interceptions and a fumble, the chiefs only had field goals despite being handed the game

Without maclin, our defense should limit them.

Offense is a bigger question mark. But if edelman is anywhere near 100percent we should be fine. Well know in the first drive how edelman and amendola look.

I would like to think edelman,amendola, gronk, white,Jackson will pose a bigger threat to kcs defense than one receiver and no one else

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes