PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

On to Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like our run defense with the two weeks left. Branch has been an unsung hero and Brown and Hicks are stout and we still have Silinga, if it's that type of game. Recharged batteries, means a very good run defense IMO. Don't discount recharged High, Mayo and Collins. High might be questionable, but Collins and Mayo should improve greatly with the extra week, from injury and/or rust.

I imagine we will keep 8 in the box and just force Smith to beat us with his arm and his leftover targets. Spy Smith with HT or Collins and we should be in very good position.

The Patriots last beat a playoff team Nov 8. And that was Washington.

Their other wins this season against playoff teams were a 1-pt victory vs. the Jets in October and the opening game vs. Pittsburgh.

While true, the Chiefs win versus Pittsburgh was against Landry Jones and their win against Denver was Manning's last game as a starter, where he completely imploded and was clearly injured with his foot.

On the flip side, the Pats have played cautiously and rested top players in a rotation in basically every game since the Giants in mid November.

Not discrediting KC, they've earned their respect. But those wins aren't exactly eye popping either.

Both teams are good, but if the Pats are healthy, it's tough to pick against them at home, with a week to rest.

Don't you guys find it a little funny that this team is the reason we say "On to ____" ?

Anyway, this game will be great. Not making a prediction because I'm straight up horrible at them (called the Steelers game though). I just want the Pats to be healthy and win.

This will be a dogfight. Alex Smith hardly makes mistakes.

Well they did hve a good 2nd half and got momentum.

Keys to the game are stop their TE and their run game. When it is time play O we need to block Houston. If we don't let him beat us and the OL holds up for 2.5 secs we should be okay.

Don't you guys find it a little funny that this team is the reason we say "On to ____" ?

Anyway, this game will be great. Not making a prediction because I'm straight up horrible at them (called the Steelers game though). I just want the Pats to be healthy and win.

That is kind of funny. They are part of the 2015 championship run no doubt. Lets give them a thank you by giving them a nice ass whopping at gillette stadium.

Keys to the game are stop their TE and their run game. When it is time play O we need to block Houston. If we don't let him beat us and the OL holds up for 2.5 secs we should be okay.

Houston, Hali, Poe, Johnson, Howard....much more than "just" Houston.

Agreed. I also think that while it seems obvious that Maclin won't play, we shouldn't be making assumptions yet. He was reported to be limping a bit, but didn't need the aid of crutches after the game. After seeing Philip Rivers practice all week then come here and put up a good fight on a torn ACL, I'll feel better when I know for sure that Maclin is out.

Not meaning to sound like a douche as I take one step closer to hell for this comment, but the fact that he was crying would seem to point to them feeling as though it was the type of injury that should keep a player out of the next game, at the very, very least.

IF, and that's a really big if, there's any chance Maclin can take the field, even hobbled, he will. We thought Gronk was out with a knee injury....

To quote Dan Fouts from The Waterboy, "It's the last game of the season, Brent, you can't hold anything back!"

Looking forward to some great analysis of this match-up from our knowledgeable PatsFans Community.... GO PATS!

The matchup im more worried about is their defense against Josh's lost mojo offense.
If Peters,Parker,Smith,Berry,Branch make it hard for our receivers and get away with grabs like I fear they will it will a long day for Brady.

Chiefs are the 2nd or 3rd best defense in the NFL. Don't think we are just going to walk all over them come next weekend.

Look at who the Chiefs played before you anoint that defense the 2nd coming of the 1985 Bears.

2015 Kansas City Chiefs Statistics & Players | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Brian Hoyer completely folded under pressure of a playoff start - 3 INTs and a fumble in the first half, none of which were good plays by the Chiefs. That was the worst half of football I've ever seen by a quarterback.

The Patriots will be ready coming off the bye. The defense has to play well early while Brady and the offense gets in gear, but the Pats will score on those guys and put pressure on Alex Smith without his top receiver to keep up.

Last edited:
Agreed. I also think that while it seems obvious that Maclin won't play, we shouldn't be making assumptions yet. He was reported to be limping a bit, but didn't need the aid of crutches after the game. After seeing Philip Rivers practice all week then come here and put up a good fight on a torn ACL, I'll feel better when I know for sure that Maclin is out.

Not meaning to sound like a douche as I take one step closer to hell for this comment, but the fact that he was crying would seem to point to them feeling as though it was the type of injury that should keep a player out of the next game, at the very, very least.
You are making an assumption on his availability for next weekend based on what you saw and that's fine. It's what we do around here.

Dion didn't use crutches either.

Unless he pulls a Paul Pierce im also not expecting him to play.

WRs have different mobility requirements than QBs.

This game is going to be about turnovers, special teams, and field position. I like our coaching staff vs. theirs under those circumstances.

If there are more than three touchdowns scored, I'll be surprised.

Heard he tore ACL twice before. So he should have a good feel on this type of injury. Crying is a good indication how bad it is.

Those of you thinking we "should" win because they are without Maclin and Charles haven't been paying attention to KC. They've gone the entire 11 game winning streak without Charles. KC still put up 10 points after Maclin went down. KC still have Travis Kelce, who is can be just as effective as Gronkowski. The Chiefs also have a veteran in Jason Avant at receiver who can still be effective as a 3rd/4th receiver..

I know the Patriots won't be over-looking KC. Especially after the drubbing they just put on Houston.
They shouldn't. KC is still going to be the toughest test of the playoffs with or without Maclin. Their defense and Charcandrick West will guarantee that. Still, Maclin is a huge loss. Collins should be able to handle Kelce. If the Pats can seal off the A and B gaps against the run, something they haven't done well lately, they should be able to limit KC's offense enough.

Boys will be ready to go, time to kick off the repeat!!!

Hoping the Steelers can beat Denver, but got to take care of business no excuses to lose this one. I know its the playoffs and thats all the motivation you need, but I think most of the team remembers what happened in KC last year ;)
I actually felt that KC seemed unimpressive even in a 30-0 defeat of Houston. Houston sucked badly. Hoyer ****ing sucked horribly. 4 INTs and fumble. Score of that game meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents