PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ok...I have to come out now and talk about Eli (aka Gomer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eli Manning has taught me a really important lesson as a fan - don't EVER underestimate your opposition. 2 months ago I was crapping on the guy and I pretty much thought he'd be a dud in the Super Bowl but low and behold he got the job done. Actually Eli is not the first QB I've underestimated- Jake Plummer, Peyton Manning in the playoffs, Ben Rothleisberger - all these guys have either beaten the Pats in the playoffs, won a SB title or both. So in the future, I will consider every QB we face a potential Pro-Bowler and hopefully I won't come away disappointed.

let the dude enjoy his next 15 minutes of fame, remeber how crap the g-men are at home, then eli will be be eli of old, unless.....

It is annoying that Eli is getting so much press... but the kid deserves at least more credit than you are giving him. Against all odds, he lead his team to victory.

Besides, he is really getting no more publicity than any other Superbowl winning MVP QB would get.

It's just depressing and I have a hard time talking about it!

Put the blame on the Pats D - they've been making mediocre QB's look great since the Philly game.

Soo true. This is the thought that actually makes the season's results digestible in my mind. Not a great D.. not at all.

Couldn't agree more; the flaws in the defense were hidden by the record setting offense.

Despite all the blowouts, how many times this year did we see teams march down the field and score on this defense with ease.

I thought they had gotten their act together in the playoffs, and don't get me wrong, 17 points in the Super Bowl is nothing to hang your head over, but the last drive sure as sh!t was..................

Ok I knew it was too good to last, I come here to rub salt but see all these great posters talking football in depth, very knowledgable etc etc so I have some nice convos on the game of football. Than what happens? The Bar closes and the idiots come out in force

Look Paddy let me spell it out for you your post is nothing but sour grapes.
Trent Dilfer?
Game manager?
Game managers do NOT march there teams down the field like Eli does in the 2 minute drill, something he has done since his Rookie year against Denver.
He did it again with 46 seconds left in the half at Dallas. He goes to Frozen Lambeu, you know 20 below wind chill, and he outduels the master Favre.
Than in the SB, the biggest stage there is he does it YET AGAIN after your boy Brady puts the Pats ahead.

I just have never understood why the opposing teams fans can not give props to the opposition? I knw I gave the Pats props and was VERY worried about the game.
See this tye of idiotic post would be like me saying..."Hey whats up with your golden boy Brady, he had 35 seconds and all his TO's left and ALL he had to do was get his team into FG position and he can't do that?
Perhaps in the offseason Eli can teach him how to run that 2 minute offense as he seems to take about the same amount of time to score TD's so teaching Brady to get into FG range should not be to hard for him, even though he is trying to teach a 6th round draft choice.:rocker:

Mark this thread than come back to it in two years, I wil cook crow just the way you like it.

P.S. TRUE Pats fans please do not think I am dissing Brady here, the guy is simply great at what he does and this is one Giants fan who knows Brady is one of the best, this response is directed at the cheerleader who started this thread and the butt buddies who, yapping at his heels like that little dog in the Bugs Bunny cartoons went 'Yea spike you tell em.

Look Ginty......its like this....don't go rambling on and on about the game against Favre where he also collapsed and gave you guys the win....I am talking about the SB....and in it.....Gomer did little in the way of skill that justifies all this ball washing. The fact is in the final drive he threw up more wobbly ducks than a drunk flock of Mallards......Pay-a-ton must have shoved a horseshoe up Gomer's a## for good luck because it worked....He (with the help of several non called rapes by your offensive lineman) got away from the rush and threw a wobbly duck desperation heave down the field where 4 of our defenders were.....and thankfully for Gomer.....the RECEIVER made one of the greatest catches in SB history there......prior to that....Gomer had nearly given the pats the game with more awful tosses to Samuels....(missed it) and Harrison (missed that one too)........All I am trying to tell you Ginty is let's not anoint him the next Tom Brady, (who actually threw PRECISION passes to his receivers in almost all of the comebacks he has led.....), Montana, or any of the other legendary QB's just yet.......Remember....Gomer had 19 tds and 20 INTERCEPTIONS during the regular season.........and that was pathetic.......Oh....and I just caught this part you pathetic DBAG......Eli is going to teach Brady how to run the 2 minute offense....Now you have lost all credibility......Typical New Yorker.....

This diatribe from Mr "I came here to rub salt in the wounds but I can't because all of you guys are so swell" himself.

Take your New York Football Giants homer glasses off and watch the last drive by the Giants and honestly tell us Eli is a now the two minute offense master.

Please, enjoy your eleven month premature Christmas present, STFU and move on.........................

This diatribe from Mr "I came here to rub salt in the wounds but I can't because all of you guys are so swell" himself.

Take your New York Football Giants homer glasses off and watch the last drive by the Giants and honestly tell us Eli is a now the two minute offense master.

Please, enjoy your eleven month premature Christmas present, STFU and move on.........................

Amen brotha amen.....!!!

Oh...we ARE enjoying it. And knowing some Pat fans refuse to give credit where its due makes it all the sweeter. Super Bowls are hard to come by and the Giants stole this one

SWEET

You guys sound just like people sounded about Brady.

Two possibilities: maybe he's "found his voice," got out of tiki's shadow, and is ready to lead this team.

Or maybe, he had a few good games, and is ready to go down the toilet.

But right after winning a super bowl is a pretty good time for lauding a guy's accomplishments. And he beat us in that game. Him, their defense, everybody.

Don't be ****s. Give him his due. It's his moment and he's earned it, just like Tommy earned his.

PFnV

Thank you for showing me that not all Pats fans are arrogant and ignorant. This thread is completely about sour grapes. How much publicity do you think the Pats would have gotten if they had gone 19-0? WAY more than Eli will ever get. You think people wouldn't get sick of that?

Besides, PFnV is exactly right. Was Brady anything more than a 6th-round pretty boy before he won a Super Bowl? How do any of you know Eli's going to go bust after this? No, he's not going to be an all-time great, but he obviously knows how to lead the offense to victory when he needs to. And they've got a fearsome enough defense that Eli doesn't have to be spectacular and try to outgun someone like AJ Feeley or Kyle Boller.

Stop acting like it was the Pats who lost the game (what's that about an "early Christmas gift"?) and realize that the Giants won that game. Seriously, people.

Take to heart what richpats said...don't underestimate your opposition.

What pisses me off to no end is that:

a. The Pats stone handed receivers, and gassed defense got the 'monkey off Peyton's back' in 2007.

b. The defense's inability to seize the opportunities handed to them by little brother, buys Eli at least 3-4 years of Roethlisberger-like accolades.

I guess Raider fans can complain about the tuck rule giving the Patriots a win.

I guess Carolina fans can bemoan a kickoff out of bounds leading to Adam's last minute FG.

Why when the Patriots win it's about what they did, and when they lose it's about what they didn't do?

Can't we give either the Colts or Giants any credit?

Listen Pats fans...I'm a Giants fan and as pissed and perplexed as you are that the Pats lost, I am the same that the Giants won. Still can't get over it. I agree with most of what you say - but for cryin' out loud, give credit where credit is due. I give all the credit to the Pats D for playing 100% on SB Sunday. They weren't the pushovers everyone thought they were and proved to the nation they could pound if they felt like it.

But c'mon...Eli does have talent and did what he had to do in one single game to win. Stats are crap and football is a team sport. Everyone always says Eli's nothing in the face of pressure, get to him and he'll suck.......ummm....well my freinds, what the heck happened to Brady in the face of pressure? Not like he put up Joe Montana numbers. In fact, he and the coveted Pats O-Line are the reason they lost...not the Tyree catch, not the missed Assante Samuel INT, not BB going for it on 4th and 13. Even though all those plays were necessary (save for 4th and 13), the Pats let the Giants play their own game - where was the big time offense? Where were the 2-3 touchdowns in the first 5 minutes? And where oh where were the adjustments when the Pats knew the Giants pass rush was just too much? That is the most perplexing part...BB, this genius coach, only had but ONE gameplan.

Fact is Pats fans, your coaches let you down. Blame Eli for being a Manning, blame Tyree for using the force on Rodney Harrison, but neither of these guys are the reason the Pats lost. The whole team, save for Wes Welker and the D, completely underestimated the Giants. HEY, your gameplan worked against the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins 6 times this year, why shouldn't it work against the NFC SB representative.

And lastly, if Couglin and Manning don't keep this going next year, it's all good. That's how NY works, but believe me, we are going to be soaking this up for the next several months. Be happy with what you have - Celtics, Red Sox...two out of 4 ain't bad.

Look Ginty......its like this....don't go rambling on and on about the game against Favre where he also collapsed and gave you guys the win....I am talking about the SB....and in it.....Gomer did little in the way of skill that justifies all this ball washing. The fact is in the final drive he threw up more wobbly ducks than a drunk flock of Mallards......Pay-a-ton must have shoved a horseshoe up Gomer's a## for good luck because it worked....He (with the help of several non called rapes by your offensive lineman) got away from the rush and threw a wobbly duck desperation heave down the field where 4 of our defenders were.....and thankfully for Gomer.....the RECEIVER made one of the greatest catches in SB history there......prior to that....Gomer had nearly given the pats the game with more awful tosses to Samuels....(missed it) and Harrison (missed that one too)........All I am trying to tell you Ginty is let's not anoint him the next Tom Brady, (who actually threw PRECISION passes to his receivers in almost all of the comebacks he has led.....), Montana, or any of the other legendary QB's just yet.......Remember....Gomer had 19 tds and 20 INTERCEPTIONS during the regular season.........and that was pathetic.......Oh....and I just caught this part you pathetic DBAG......Eli is going to teach Brady how to run the 2 minute offense....Now you have lost all credibility......Typical New Yorker.....
YOu just caught that, what as you where reading you where replying?
You mean you began to reply without reading the full post, wow the school system up your way must hand out diplomas like candy on Haloween, every freak gets one.

I have read your posts in other threads and you sir are a class A tool, no class, no intelligence and absolutly no knowledge of Football outside of your man love for Brady, wait thats right Massachusetts allows Gay marriage...well that answers that:D

You and your little lap dog Double G are just not able to think rational like most of the fans on this board, thats ok you are entitled to show your stupidity there Paddy

First you try to say your Linemen was facemasked, when that is proven wrong you attempt to say well I really meant he was held and you put up some lame video it appears you took off you 6 inch TV screen that no one can tell whats going on it is so grainy and jumpy (here is a hint try RECORDING it onto DVD and than ripping it onto your computer, or is that beyond your capabilities?). So when even your own teams fans point out to you what a cry baby you are what do you do? Have a meltdown of epic proportions and mess your diapers here in public.

For the last time Skippy there is holding on EVERY snap in the NFL and, as some posters who KNOW fottball have TRIED to explain to you, unless it is a train wreck of a hold it will not be called. Now why don't you be a nice little tool bag and go sign that petition thats floating around the net.:rocker:

Mods...Do you have an ignore feature?

Game managers do NOT march there teams down the field like Eli does in the 2 minute drill, something he has done since his Rookie year against Denver.
He did it again with 46 seconds left in the half at Dallas. He goes to Frozen Lambeu, you know 20 below wind chill, and he outduels the master Favre.
Than in the SB, the biggest stage there is he does it YET AGAIN after your boy Brady puts the Pats ahead.

I just have never understood why the opposing teams fans can not give props to the opposition? I knw I gave the Pats props and was VERY worried about the game.

Let me spell it out for you, Gomer:

First, we give the Giants a ton of credit. Great game plan. Incredible defensive execution. Some of the most dominant defensive line play I have ever seen. Receivers made plays when it counted. Offensive line did a great job disguising their holding :D

But Eli did his best to tank that game for the Giants. He should have thrown not one, not two, but THREE picks on that last drive alone. His execution was poor. Yet due to a miraculous circus catch and a major defensive breakdown by New England, suddenly the guy is a Super Bowl MVP? LMAO.

The MVP belongs to the Giants' defensive line, and probably Tuck specifically.

Last edited:
Oh...we ARE enjoying it. And knowing some Rams fans refuse to give credit where its due makes it all the sweeter. Super Bowls are hard to come by and the Patriots stole this one

That about sums up how I felt after the Patriots beat the greatest show on turf back in 2002; enjoy it while you can, the Patriots fell with a loud thud back to earth in the 2002 season, finishing 9-7.

Lets see how the Giants perform next year with the GIANT bullseye on their backs............................

"But Eli did his best to tank that game for the Giants. He should have thrown not one, not two, but THREE picks on that last drive alone. His execution was poor. Yet due to a miraculous circus catch and a major defensive breakdown by New England, suddenly the guy is a Super Bowl MVP? LMAO."

This is becoming as common a myth as the "2 facemask penalties" on the Tyree play.

Eli did not throw 3 easily interceptable balls on the last drive. His throws were as "interceptable" as 2 of Tom Brady's heaves on NE's last drive. That is, any one of them would have been a spectacular catch by the defender. People sit there & lament Samuel's miss, but I've watched that a dozen times: it was well above his head, and off his fingertips, and it would have been questionable if he could have even landed inbounds after catching it if he was able to pull it in.

As for Merriweather's & Harrison's "chances," forget about it - either would have been as spectacular & improbable as Tyree's grab.

Eli threw 1 INT through 4 games in the playoffs - a ricochet off his receiver. Tom Brady threw a game-ending INT in the SD game last year (which SD gave back), a game-ending INT in the AFCCG last year, and 3 INT's in the AFCCG this year.

Qualifier: I think Brady is probably the best of all time, and I'm not really comparing Eli to him, but Eli is not getting nearly enough credit on this thread. He played like a hero since the end of the regular season, when it counts the most, and the Giants have a Lombardi because of it. If that's all he ever does, it's still more than a lot of great QB's can say.

Let me spell it out for you, Gomer:

First, we give the Giants a ton of credit. Great game plan. Incredible defensive execution. Some of the most dominant defensive line play I have ever seen. Receivers made plays when it counted. Offensive line did a great job disguising their holding :D

But Eli did his best to tank that game for the Giants. He should have thrown not one, not two, but THREE picks on that last drive alone. His execution was poor. Yet due to a miraculous circus catch and a major defensive breakdown by New England, suddenly the guy is a Super Bowl MVP? LMAO.

The MVP belongs to the Giants' defensive line, and probably Tuck specifically.
My reply was directed towards Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb, they know who they are.
AS to offcensive holding (sigh) here we go again, are you mad because in the biggest game of the year the Giants took a page right out of the Ne2w England book of how to play on the O-Line and hold?

Last edited:
My reply was directed towards Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb, they know who they are.
AS to offcensive holding (sigh) here we go again, are you mad because in the biggest game of the year the Giants took a page right out of the Ne2w England book of how to play on the O-Line and hold?

This Moron is hilarious.....He should go back to playing Tight End for his boyfriend......"HIIIIIIIKKKKKKEE" Freaking ****y.......

Gomer (aka Eli) is getting all kinds of press now.....he is on every friggin talk show, commercial etc.......and he always has that same Gomer Pyle/Mad magazine goofy smile on his mug.......and they talk about him "turning the corner".....and leading a "Tom Brady" like drive to win the Super Bowl.....and how he has "Finally matured."

OK.....Does ANYONE buy this pile of steaming horsesh#t?? Here's what I saw on that final drive.....a guy who threw several wobbly ducks that should have been picked.......Then...because his O lineman got away with RAPING Seymour and Green.....and he got out of the grasp.......He launched yet another WOBBLY DUCK (their was NO PRECISION on that play other than he got it going in the right area) into TRIPLE, IF NOT QUADRUPLE (Would need to review the tape again) coverage......where our defense did not make the play on the ball, and his receiver made the catch of his career and probably the greatest catch in Gint history.....given the magnitude of hauling in that weak turd from Gomer.......

But still we hear of how great Gomer threw the ball on that "Historic Drive".....Bullshirt.......(clever aren't I?).........He GOT FUGGING LUCKY!!!! Did he play it out to the final whistle....? Yes.....Did he give it everything he had? YES.........Did he make extremely precise throws and should he be compared to Tom Brady or his goofy brother??????? NOOOOO!!!!!!

As Denny Green said....."Let's not crown him yet!".....and please don't put Gomer in the same sentence with Tom Brady ever again........My feeling is that the real Gomer will show up again next season...He hasn't sold me in the least........
Great post except about the refs. You guys have ridiculed the Colt fans here for a long time when talking about ref non calls, can't whine about it now. Those things even out anyway.

pao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back