PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ok...I have to come out now and talk about Eli (aka Gomer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Gomer (aka Eli) is getting all kinds of press now.....he is on every friggin talk show, commercial etc.......and he always has that same Gomer Pyle/Mad magazine goofy smile on his mug.......and they talk about him "turning the corner".....and leading a "Tom Brady" like drive to win the Super Bowl.....and how he has "Finally matured."

OK.....Does ANYONE buy this pile of steaming horsesh#t?? Here's what I saw on that final drive.....a guy who threw several wobbly ducks that should have been picked.......Then...because his O lineman got away with RAPING Seymour and Green.....and he got out of the grasp.......He launched yet another WOBBLY DUCK (their was NO PRECISION on that play other than he got it going in the right area) into TRIPLE, IF NOT QUADRUPLE (Would need to review the tape again) coverage......where our defense did not make the play on the ball, and his receiver made the catch of his career and probably the greatest catch in Gint history.....given the magnitude of hauling in that weak turd from Gomer.......

But still we hear of how great Gomer threw the ball on that "Historic Drive".....Bullshirt.......(clever aren't I?).........He GOT FUGGING LUCKY!!!! Did he play it out to the final whistle....? Yes.....Did he give it everything he had? YES.........Did he make extremely precise throws and should he be compared to Tom Brady or his goofy brother??????? NOOOOO!!!!!!

As Denny Green said....."Let's not crown him yet!".....and please don't put Gomer in the same sentence with Tom Brady ever again........My feeling is that the real Gomer will show up again next season...He hasn't sold me in the least........

Put the blame on the Pats D - they've been making mediocre QB's look great since the Philly game.

His looks and demeanor, are pretty irrelevant...
But I do agree with you that he is getting WAY too much credit.

Eli Manning has essentially been Trent Dilfer in the NY media market.

He is a game manager.

The supposed incredible drive, he made a nice play to get away from Seymour and Green, but then therew up a prayer that got answered.

On the play before that he threw a wounded duck that Samuel should have had.

If samuel makes the pick history is rewritten and Manning is called a choker and incompetent.

I see himas a top 12 quarterback..no better

What pisses me off to no end is that:

a. The Pats stone handed receivers, and gassed defense got the 'monkey off Peyton's back' in 2007.

b. The defense's inability to seize the opportunities handed to them by little brother, buys Eli at least 3-4 years of Roethlisberger-like accolades.

What pisses me off to no end is that:

a. The Pats stone handed receivers, and gassed defense got the 'monkey off Peyton's back' in 2007.

b. The defense's inability to seize the opportunities handed to them by little brother, buys Eli at least 3-4 years of Roethlisberger-like accolades.
Will see next season if goobers coach turns into a pumpkin and reverts to his useual form. The NY media will be on him like a school of perana that smell blood in the water. I'll savor every minute if he does. :rocker:

Last edited:
Put the blame on the Pats D - they've been making mediocre QB's look great since the Philly game.

.................... :yeahthat: ..........................​

He should have been picked off 3 times on that last drive.

The miracle play was a ball that should have never been thrown, he was lucky it was not picked off and his guy came up with it. I don't care if it worked out, sometimes bad choices work out well, that doesn't mean they still weren't a bad choice.

Everytime you say/type Gomer I get a good laugh...:rofl:
I'm so glad I skipped last offseasons crowning of Peyton as the greatest qb (far better than TB) only to tune in this season and see Tom completely annihiliate that debate. I look forward to Eli returning to his former self and even moreso to once the Giants 15 min of fame is up (trust me I will completely REVEL in their demise, especially after all those comments) ...life will then be back in order :)

Gomer (aka Eli) is getting all kinds of press now.....he is on every friggin talk show, commercial etc.......and he always has that same Gomer Pyle/Mad magazine goofy smile on his mug.......and they talk about him "turning the corner".....and leading a "Tom Brady" like drive to win the Super Bowl.....and how he has "Finally matured."

OK.....Does ANYONE buy this pile of steaming horsesh#t?? Here's what I saw on that final drive.....a guy who threw several wobbly ducks that should have been picked.......Then...because his O lineman got away with RAPING Seymour and Green.....and he got out of the grasp.......He launched yet another WOBBLY DUCK (their was NO PRECISION on that play other than he got it going in the right area) into TRIPLE, IF NOT QUADRUPLE (Would need to review the tape again) coverage......where our defense did not make the play on the ball, and his receiver made the catch of his career and probably the greatest catch in Gint history.....given the magnitude of hauling in that weak turd from Gomer.......

But still we hear of how great Gomer threw the ball on that "Historic Drive".....Bullshirt.......(clever aren't I?).........He GOT FUGGING LUCKY!!!! Did he play it out to the final whistle....? Yes.....Did he give it everything he had? YES.........Did he make extremely precise throws and should he be compared to Tom Brady or his goofy brother??????? NOOOOO!!!!!!

As Denny Green said....."Let's not crown him yet!".....and please don't put Gomer in the same sentence with Tom Brady ever again........My feeling is that the real Gomer will show up again next season...He hasn't sold me in the least........

I agree...him winning the SB and holding the Lombardi Trophy is like Paris Hilton winning a Nobel Prize. It diminishes every winner before him. Dan Marino should make a come back.

Well of course everyone is talking about him, he's unstoppable.

Damn that Eco Citizen Watch, it gave him the power needed.

You guys sound just like people sounded about Brady.

Two possibilities: maybe he's "found his voice," got out of tiki's shadow, and is ready to lead this team.

Or maybe, he had a few good games, and is ready to go down the toilet.

But right after winning a super bowl is a pretty good time for lauding a guy's accomplishments. And he beat us in that game. Him, their defense, everybody.

Don't be ****s. Give him his due. It's his moment and he's earned it, just like Tommy earned his.

PFnV

I agree...him winning the SB and holding the Lombardi Trophy is like Paris Hilton winning a Nobel Prize. It diminishes every winner before him. Dan Marino should make a come back.

Great analogy here Rabpat!!

Wow..what the hell has eli done besides win big games? He beat 4 quality teams on the road, threw ONE interception that was not his fault. Led late drives on a constant basis and YET he is still a crappy qb. Well throwing for 3 td's a game and 300 yards is nice, but its NOT neccessay when you have a good running game and a great d line. I agree his career has not been stellar, but he has one thing many don't. A RING. This is really hard for some to accept, but start trying.

Watching that drive as awful. Not because they lost. I've watched the AFCCG before. What makes this drive 10x worse than that game is you watch this and you think "Boy if Harrison just intercepted that ball" "Wow Asante just missed that one" "Our D-Line was held on that play" "We almost had Eli sacked" "We should have knocked the ball out of Tyree's hands" "How did Hobbes fall over?"

And you start thinking, if just one of these went right we would probably be SB champions.

But alas, it's time to move on. It's time to watch Bill Bellichick bring this team to a level higher than last year. It's time to get that 4th ring

"You guys sound just like people sounded about Brady."

My thoughts on this thread exactly.

People forget that, for years, Brady wasn't a "stats" guy. All he did was win games, against favored teams, and often with great, improbable 4th quarter comebacks.

I don't think Eli will ever be nearly as good as Brady on a consistent basis, but his play against 3 good teams on the road and one great team in Arizona is not something that you can easily chalk up to "luck."

this thread is close to the whining threads i find on the Colts and Jests sites.

as someone observed a few posts above, we're saying the kind of stuff they said about Brady after SB XXXVI ("lucky," "game of his life," "caught the Rams off guard," etc., etc.). He went on to prove otherwise. As for now:

We lost.

They won. In fact, they beat the crap out of our underperforming and outcoached O-line.

Time will tell whether Eli is a real deal top five QB or took advantage of an almost unbelieveable breakdown in our D.

Last edited:
His looks and demeanor, are pretty irrelevant...
But I do agree with you that he is getting WAY too much credit.

I see himas a top 12 quarterback..no better

tell me you mean top 12 in the leage, not of all time.

I give all the credit in the world to the Giants for ripping my guts out and ruining my sleep all week because of what happened in the SB.

As for Eli and the MVP, once that drive completed I said 'Eli will get the MVP' not so much because he was most deserving, but because his stat sheet looked better than others and he was in the middle of the drama at the end of the game. He was sharp and in control most of the game. He's in the glamour position of football. So by default, he gets it. It's very similar to SB 36. Tom was decent and dropped the ball in the right place on the last drive, but AV's clutch kick, Ty Laws INT and what the DEF did to the Rams was just as significant.

However, if the #s don't tilt to one player, but rather a group of players, it hurts them. That's what happened to the Giants DEF. Tuck with 2 sacks, Mitchell with one, Strahan with one. Alford with one, The pressure that Osi put on them... no one player stood out, but THEY won the game collectively. If they only got half as much pressure as they did, the Pats score in the 20s and the Giants go home losers. But if you can't measure the impact and you can only choose one, Eli is the MVP.

One additional point...
Doug Williams, Mark Rypien, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Eli Manning.

What do they all have in common so far? Their ONLY significant accomplishment in the league was to lead their team to ONE Super Bowl and win it.

Eli is in his 4th season right? Let's wait and see if he ends up as a Mark Rypien or a Troy Aikman.

I say let him have his glory and let the media blow sunshine up his ***** all day long because when the real Eli throws another 20 interceptions next year that same media will have his head on a pike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots