PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Superbowl Officiating Petition Is Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
PatsChick87 said:
Bump! Da Bruinz is more constructive and signing both may help with impact if nothing else. There's about 4,ooo in the first, DaBruinz's needs some more exposure. Any ideas? :bricks:

Post it on other NFL team boards if it hasn't been done already.

The refs kinda reminded me of all the circulators down at the bar last night. I watch most games at a private club that usually only has 10-12 people on game days; but for the bowl, there were about 40 extra people just wandering around striking up conversations about the weather or their stupid squares while major plays were unfolding. They just insist on being a part of things even though they couldn't even tell you what a 4-3 defense is.

I seriously doubt the refs were cheating, but they definately insisted on being noticed last night.

Bella*chick said:
Post it on other NFL team boards if it hasn't been done already.
Beyond my minor skills - hopefully some members who belong to other boards will do the deed.

PatsChick87 said:
Bump! Da Bruinz is more constructive and signing both may help with impact if nothing else. There's about 4,ooo in the first, DaBruinz's needs some more exposure. Any ideas? :bricks:
Add some cheerleader pics ;)

I like this suggestion: "4) Replay cameras over the goal pylons. This will give officials an additional view for close plays at the goal line. " They could call it the Ben Watson Amendment.

It is fine to criticize the officials but lets not sound like whiney Raider trolls.

QuinielaBox said:
It is fine to criticize the officials but lets not sound like whiney Raider trolls.

A big difference is that our team didn't lose the SB due to poor officating that negated every big play made... Sure, Seattel played lousy, just like Pittsburgh - the difference is that when Seattel made big plays, they all got called back, while when Pitt did, they didn't...

So, no, we are not sounding like whiny Raiders fans - this isn't about a specific team. This is about the GAME of Football itself, and the integrity of the league.

QBox -
How are we being whiny Raider fans? By making a petition that questions the quality of the officiating in SB XL as well as the play-offs leading up to SB XL?

To PatsChick, Bella*Chick and T-Shirt -
Thanks for the kind words about the petition.

I only have accounts on IndyStar, ESPN, and Here. If you, or anyone else for that matter, can post the link to the petition on other sites, it would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Over 11,000 on the first petition, with 427 on the 2nd!

I wrote the same petiton a month ago

Gee...

A few weeks ago I wrote an article and attached the petition I created to it. I then took that very same petition and posted a link on every messageboard for every team over at Google. Back then no one outside of NE cared about the refs... Now it's a big deal, and it's something I have been complaining about all season.

For those who forgot about the petition I wrote...

http://new.petitiononline.com/nfl42k6/petition.html

PatsChick87 said:
Over 11,000 on the first petition, with 427 on the 2nd!

WTF. I checked the 2nd petition last night and it had over 2300 signatures on it.

bump.

We can't let the NFL continue to give us bad product. Our voices need to be heard.

DaBruinz said:
bump.

We can't let the NFL continue to give us bad product. Our voices need to be heard.

Over 26,000 on the first and 836 on the second. DaBruin, when were you thinking of sending this out?

WAAAAAAAAA! The Steelers cheated!

ive been making rounds to other team message boards after the steelers won super bowl XL, and i'll be the first to tell ya, new england has had the best team of the new millenium, but man you patriot fans are the biggest crybabies ever! It's hilarious to me and most steelers fans (especially coming from a team that benefits from the tuck rule bellyaching about officiating!!) hahahaha thats just too good!!! I hope this whining about the officiating continues all offseason, just gives us more chances to talk about the steelers awesome win! It isn't pittsburghs fault we went into denver and did what new england couldnt do, which was totally manhandle the broncos. Keep those petitions goin too, those are the funniest! Maybe the NFL will actually read them and make us replay the super bowl, wow i hope not!!!! HAHAHA Well ive had enough laughs ive gotta stay away from here, back to steelernation com...
good luck next year, i'm sure we'll see ya in the playoffs :D
after all, the steelers will be going for an unprecedented 6th super bowl title!!
:rocker:

PatsChick87 said:
Over 26,000 on the first and 836 on the second. DaBruin, when were you thinking of sending this out?
Patschick -
I was hoping for 10,000 on mine, but, for whatever reason, it isn't as popular as the one with 26000. Also, there seems to have been a glitch with min because Monday night, it had over 2300 signatures and then Tuesday morning it was down to about 500.

pipe mill said:
ive been making rounds to other team message boards after the steelers won super bowl XL, and i'll be the first to tell ya, new england has had the best team of the new millenium, but man you patriot fans are the biggest crybabies ever! It's hilarious to me and most steelers fans (especially coming from a team that benefits from the tuck rule bellyaching about officiating!!) hahahaha thats just too good!!! I hope this whining about the officiating continues all offseason, just gives us more chances to talk about the steelers awesome win! It isn't pittsburghs fault we went into denver and did what new england couldnt do, which was totally manhandle the broncos. Keep those petitions goin too, those are the funniest! Maybe the NFL will actually read them and make us replay the super bowl, wow i hope not!!!! HAHAHA Well ive had enough laughs ive gotta stay away from here, back to steelernation com...
good luck next year, i'm sure we'll see ya in the playoffs :D
after all, the steelers will be going for an unprecedented 6th super bowl title!!
:rocker:

1st off, its not whining. Its pointing out FACT. But you are too much of a troll to understand the difference.

Why are the petitions the funniest? Because it deals with a very REAL problem in the NFL and it has nothing to do with the fact that the Steelers won?

Glad to see that you are smart enough to actually read them. Oh wait, you're not. If you did, you'd see the second one is about the league moving forward from its current mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back