PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats v. Seahawks postgame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
***** HAPPENS !

Pats have lost to worse teams..Seattle has a top ranked D and gave up a ton of yds to Pats. Maybe they get to meet again in playoffs with different results.

Seems like it happens quite a bit with this team. I understand that the D is great but that fact is the pats defense is so bad they cannot stop a horrble offensive team like this from scoing on them. What sad is that 2 of the 3 losses this team came at the hands of poor to average Qbs. Laugh of you will but Sanchez has the potential to have a huge game next week.

If they don't beat the Jets next week,Ian might as well lock the website down until after the bye week.

Leaving it open if they lose next week would be like leaving the front gate open of a prison yard

I am with you on this. We can win at either place, let's just get the 3rd seed and turn ourselvs into the road killer NY Giants come playoff time.

You are crazy. Right now, the Jets should scare you, and so should Miami. We are a 9-7 team AT BEST this year. I see losses to Houston and San Fran along with one loss each to Miami (in Miami) and to the Jets.

good game today! Thought we were done when we got down 13 to the number 1 offense, but my hawks continue to surprise me. Like I said, CLink is just a hard place to come play.

You guys carved us up yardage wise. Don't think I have ever seen this defense give up that many yards. I think Brady threw the ball some 58 times which is pretty impressive given the fact that its dumping rain here. Was really proud that my Hawks overcame some pretty stupid mistakes and some questionable officiating (on both sides) to beat a premier team.

Anyways, not here to troll, just wanted to say it was fun chatting with you all in the pregame thread. Good luck over the rest of the season!

Good game. you guys have a good team up there. hopefully we'll have a rematch in New Orleans.

If they don't beat the Jets next week,Ian might as well lock the website down until after the bye week.

Leaving it open if they lose next week would be like leaving the front gate open of a prison yard

As horrific as it may be to contemplate, a loss next week would leave them within a game of first place with most of the season to play. The team's problems are more serious than most of us expected. I don't think it is realistic to expect they will suddenly all disappear. Dennard has now replaced Arrington at CB so perhaps CB play will improve. Not sure what options they have at safety. Maybe Arrington can play safety, and Wilson can improve with experience. Maybe Gregory will improve. At least he has defended a pass, which is more than I can say Chung did today. The coaches are not inept. They have to see what is happening. I don;t think BB will fail to change things up. The biggest reason for hope is that we are not even halfway through the season. There is at least time.

I'm sorry, but I've lost track here.

Is McDaniels a douche because he called so many runs and an idiot because he called so few, or is it the other way around?

Re: Say all you want, AGAIN our offense was to blame

OK, I haven't read through this entire thread, so I'm just going to throw out some observations.

I thought the running game was doing very well before Bolden was injured. Ridley seemed tentative. (Worried about fumbling?)

So is Brandon Bolden now our lead back?

Woodhead and Welker were balling today. They were making the extra effort that wins games. Too bad the rest of the team didn't match their intensity level.

Far too many balls hit Pats receivers' hands and then continued on in traveling through the air. It's a wonder there weren't more interceptions because the opportunity was certainly there. Brady also seemed to be over-throwing the short passes and I mean that he didn't seem to have great touch on those passes. I understand the ball was wet, but when that many balls are going off the receivers' hands, that suggests the passes are not as catchable as they could be. I know Seattle was playing in the same conditions but I don't recall balls bouncing off their hands like they did off the Pats hands.

Was it just a wet ball or is Brady nursing an injury? He was wild high and low today, in addition to be lacking in touch.

BB called timeout after the turnover at the end of the first half and even the announcers were commenting on how much time Brady was wasting. The one other time that comes to mind when Brady was taking way too much time, as a half was winding down, was at the end of the 2010 playoff loss to the Rats. Brady was definitely off his game today.

Outstanding game by Brandon Lloyd today; a better pass that he could have caught in bounds at the end could have been a game changer.

I'm not seeing that Deion Branch is bringing much to table at all now. The Pats tripled Greg Salas' salary this week, why not bring him to the 53 and see what he's got?

Good all around games today for both Gostkowski and Mesko, and Slater was his usual stellar self covering kicks.

Like everyone else, I'm finding the secondary issues exasperating and frustrating. I can't believe it is a talent issue. ALL the players the Pats are picking are highly regarded on draft day, they couldn't miss on all of them if they tried. Whatever they are trying is not working, and it's up to the coaching staff to address it.

I did like what I saw from Dennard after he replaced Arrington. He got called for a bogus PI, but overall I thought he was solid.

I'd like to commend Tavon Wilson for another good game. he had a nice pass defensed to force a punt...... but I can't shake seeing number 27 as the man chasing the WR who made the winning catch. Doesn't necessarily mean it was his fault. but it looks bad. A couple of plays before that pass, Patrick Chung left with an injury, and he was replaced by Nate Ebner. Now I think Ebner has a chance to be an outstanding player with experience, but the winning pass WAS thrown over the safeties......

Chandler Jones continues to look like a gr8 find. I'm so happy we have him. He makes things happen and is exciting to watch. Imagine how good he'll be when his play catches up to his rookie rep with the refs and he gets more holding calls.

We miss Hightower a great deal. We are good with Mayo, Spikes, and Hightower, but lose a lot when they are not available. White is not the answer; too bad we lost Fletcher for the year.

Last edited:
As horrific as it may be to contemplate, a loss next week would leave them within a game of first place with most of the season to play. The team's problems are more serious than most of us expected. I don't think it is realistic to expect they will suddenly all disappear. Dennard has now replaced Arrington at CB so perhaps CB play will improve. Not sure what options they have at safety. Maybe Arrington can play safety, and Wilson can improve with experience. Maybe Gregory will improve. At least he has defended a pass, which is more than I can say Chung did today. The coaches are not inept. They have to see what is happening. I don;t think BB will fail to change things up. The biggest reason for hope is that we are not even halfway through the season. There is at least time.
Either the talent is inept, the drafting is inept, or the coaching is inept...it is one of those because this pass defense is just laughable. If Chung's out next week and Gregorys still hurt there'll be a street free agent getting time back there next week...

Take the mishap before the half or the RZ interception. Either of them and we win. It was a collective failure in the end but really this team tightens up in the 4th quarter and doesnt have the killing mentality of the past.

Pete Carroll isn't walking through that door people!

Tony Dungy just threw out a nice diss on the Pats, that sucked:mad:

I think we lost the game because of the pass defense and not the offense.

If your defensive game plan is to throw a rugby playing rookie out there in the fourth quarter, rather than one of the large, slow corners, this is about what you should expect. The other team is going to throw at him. Be prepared. Or not. Up to you.

The Patriots should not have been a bit surprised that, when they trotted Ebner out when the other team had to score inside a minute, that they would throw at him. A defensive play aimed at stopping the run and intermediate pass was a gutsy call. Only thing that would defeat it would be a long pass.

When did this team become the girl that gets drunk at the prom, says she's not going home with you, and then has a hard time sitting down at lunch the next day?

When was the last time you thought: well, if not for Brady and Belichick, we would have won this game?

The debacle before halftime was just a killer.

Brady threw for a 1st down and there was approximately 30 seconds on the clock and NE still had 2 timeouts. The Pats rushed down to line back up but the clock had ticked down to approximately 18 seconds. BB finally ran down the sideline and called a timeout.

30 seconds and 1 timeout left so many more opportunities for a TD, IMO.

The Pats wound up with zilch after the intentional grounding call.

good game today! Thought we were done when we got down 13 to the number 1 offense, but my hawks continue to surprise me. Like I said, CLink is just a hard place to come play.

You guys carved us up yardage wise. Don't think I have ever seen this defense give up that many yards. I think Brady threw the ball some 58 times which is pretty impressive given the fact that its dumping rain here. Was really proud that my Hawks overcame some pretty stupid mistakes and some questionable officiating (on both sides) to beat a premier team.

Anyways, not here to troll, just wanted to say it was fun chatting with you all in the pregame thread. Good luck over the rest of the season!

Congrats on your win. Your team made the plays when it needed them. Our team took a big dump in clutch situations. Just make sure the NYG don't make it to the Super Bowl.

Time for BB to really evaluate his defensive coaching staff. Or the schemes he has them implement or...something. For someone as smart as Belichick, how he can consistently field incompetent secondary after incompetent secondary is a mystery.

Since the core 90s era Pats left, has there been a difference maker on this team that BB drafted? Samuel? Seymour? Wilfork? Is that it? Milloy, Law, Willie and Bruschi were all drafted within THREE years of each other (94-96).

Look, I know I'm not Belichick, etc, etc and it's easy to armchair GM but...how many of us here wanted guys like Matthews, Barwin and the like instead of his WTF picks (usually failed secondary players)?

The funny thing is that people here are blaming the offense. :bricks:

Brady did not play great, but his second int was just bad luck as the ball went through Welker's hands.

The clock mismanagement at the end of the first half definitely came back to haunt the team.

No matter how many passes Brady misses or dropped passes there are, a team should not lose when it racks up 475 yards and 26 first downs.

This defense is just so bad with the game on the line.

I still can't believe there was no OPI on Braylon Edwards.

Good pressure from the front 7. When they were not being held at least.

Crucial drop by Hernandez at the end of the game. He needs to catch that.

A true measure of the ineptitude of the secondary is evidenced by the fact that Pats' fans hope for a quick score so the offense has a chance.

The second to last position ended when there was no call on illegal contact on the DB who tackled Branch before the ball got there.

Oh well, take care of the Jets next week and the Pats still lead the division.

Time to follow the NYG gameplan; just get in and win.

Those points are all correct.

IMO, this is more about not being able to close out a game on Offense than anything else. Yeah, the Defense has problems. And yeah the clock management at the end of the first half was almost criminal.

But, just as in the Ravens game, the Offense got the ball with the lead with three or so minutes left and promptly threw up all over itself on both occasions and gave the ball back to an opportunistic opponent, who went on to win the game.

Sure, the defense didn't get the job done in the end today. But it did force two fumbles and hold the Seahawks to 17 points in their own house despite two picks by Brady, until the last minute of play when the Offense couldn't stay on the field.

"Seattle's defense gave up a season-high 475 yards after not allowing any of its first five opponents to top 300. The Patriots went eight consecutive drives without punting, and ran 85 offensive plays to the Seahawks' 55, yet could not get the touchdowns to put Seattle away."

if you want to crown them, then crown their ass! But, they are who we thought they were, and we let them off the hook!

I'm interested to see how much longer people will be willing to call Bill Belichick a defensive genius given the continued showing of his Patriots Defense?

When was the last you heard that?

By my totally unscientific estimate, I think both the media and most of the true fans stopped calling him that since at least 2007 when we shrewdly embraced the O (in line with the league, and ahead of most other teams).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes