PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Ravens POST GAME Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so excited about this amazing win, I probably won't be able to sleep till 3am. We own the tiebreaker over BALT should it become an issue later on. This was an ENORMOUS win--because we keep pace with NYJ and IND and hopefully gain some ground on PIT. The home field advantage was pretty good today--much better than in 07 or 08. The fans realize these are nail biter gms--and props to them for participating!

Last edited:
You got my vote on that! Equal amount of ridiculous assessment. I even saw an "our D sucks!" statement.

Unbelievable.

I mentioned this in the game day thread (I showed up after the game was over).

I didn't go to the gameday thread nor the chat room for the first time in 3 years. It was nice to enjoy the game without some of the comments that get thrown around.

I am sure people will just say "stay away then" and that's fair enough since I probably will :D

I thought that was Ray Lewis...either way it looked silly since it was a first down :p

It was Ray Lewis. No idea why he did that.

I mentioned this in the game day thread (I showed up after the game was over).

I didn't go to the gameday thread nor the chat room for the first time in 3 years. It was nice to enjoy the game without some of the comments that get thrown around.

I am sure people will just say "stay away then" and that's fair enough since I probably will :D

Well I'm curious, what led you to make such a statement?

I disagree. I made a statement earlier in the game thread discussion that our D was intimidating the Ravens offense with their hard hitting.

Remember the saying: Luck is the residue of design.

Clayton got hit hard a few times in the game, and on that last throw, I guarantee you he was in the "hearing footsteps behind him" frame of mind, because, one, he had McGowan in his field of vision, so he was probably mentally preparing for the hard hit, and that took away from the focus on catching the ball. It also helped that Butler was draped all over him.

I don't disagree with your general premise. But I disagree on that play. He wasn't turtling or alligator-arming it in anticipation of a hit. He was turning upfield to make yards. That's why he dropped it. On this particular play, Butler was *not* "draped all over him". He was clear by a full yard or two. Doesn't take away from the overall defensive effort, which was pretty good. But on this play, the Pats got lucky. That's ok...luck is part of the game.

It was Ray Lewis. No idea why he did that.

Because Ray forgot that the Pats could get a 1st down without getting the TD.. Ray was happy they'd stopped the TD.

HEY PATS FANS QUESTION i just got back from the game and i cant think of the name of the pats new field goal song its killing me can somebody please help thanks

I find the game day threads very frustrating. There is intense whining after every play that doesn't go well, and equally intense homerism after every play that doesn't. Comments like "wish Brady could play like Flacco" doesn't help.

Yeah, that's pretty much why I stopped coming here during games. Game's much more enjoyable without that stuff.

IDK if this post made it in time for the GDT, so I'll say it again here:

That was one of the most poorly-coached "victories" I have ever seen.

The obstinancy, complacency, arrogance & predictability of this "leadership" would be disgustedly shocking, if it weren't so nauseatingly consistent.

Game Balls

-Meriweather ...excellent game. he was everywhere deflecting passes and making hits

-Butler..rookie broke up 3 passes today, all crucial to the game

-Morris..blocked, ran, caught the ball, scored. He was tough to take down today

-DL..got a bunch of penetration today along with the blitzers. I cant single anyone out because Warren & Wilfork got the big pushes while Wright got involved with 2 sacks

Bodden + Springs = BETTER than Wihie +Whietley.

Springs is a better tackle than Wilhite but i'd prefer Bodden + Wilhite + Butler as our top 3

Re: Game Balls

I'd mention Guyton, too. If only for the fact that he's stepped up admirably, playing out of position, and has been pretty solid.

i loved the play of our safeties meriweather and mcgowan. that play meriweather made where he ran all the way across the field to break up that long third down pass in the first half saved a td. he has great closing speed and is always around the ball making plays. mcgowan has been a great pickup as well. he laid the wood on clayton on that 4th and 3 i ****** loved it. meriweather also looks to deal out some punishment. i love that type of football. i think mcgowan and meriweather ahve really stepped up and been one of the keys to our secondary being much better, along with the additions of springs, butler, and of course bodden. butler looked really good today when he played. he stayed right with the receivers and has great athleticism, looked very fluid and natural. i'm pumped. big win we are moving on lets keep it rolling.

Meriweather was absolutley brilliant, fantastic, he was everywher, he looked top top class today, loved it! Great Win!!

That was one of the most poorly-coached "victories" I have ever seen.

The obstinancy, complacency, arrogance & predictability of this "leadership" would be disgustedly shocking, if it weren't so nauseatingly consistent.

Both fact and irony are lost on you.

I suggest following the Colts or the Jets. You'll be happier.

Anyone else notice that on the 4th and one near the goal line, Suggs must have thought it was 4th and goal? He went running downfield like a player might after a big stop. I thought it was odd when I saw a Raven run off and the Patriots had a first down.

I did see that, but, I could have sworn that was Ray Lewis.

I am so excited about this amazing win, I probably won't be able to sleep till 3am. We own the tiebreaker over BALT should it become an issue later on. This was an ENORMOUS win--because we keep pace with NYJ and IND and hopefully gain some ground on PIT. The home field advantage was pretty good today--much better than in 07 or 08. The fans realize these are nail biter gms--and props to them for participating!

Yep , and i know i am gonna watch the game tonight again , it s waiting nicely on my dvr . :)

HEY PATS FANS QUESTION i just got back from the game and i cant think of the name of the pats new field goal song its killing me can somebody please help thanks

anybody please?

Merriweather, Springs, McGowan, Wilhite, and Sanders had 33 of 65 tackles for the team today. This secondary is going to be scary good as the season rolls along. They already are above average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back