PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Press Conference 1/11/24, 14:00 est.

Was tied up with work, was it Robert only or did Jonathan make an appearance also? If no on JK, then perhaps he is not "really running things with Dad as a mere figurehead."

I'm glad that they are moving on from BB, I've expressed this a number of times here, it's not an opinion I had going into the season but I saw enough to convince myself (big whoop) that this change was needed. I will choose to remain optimistic about the future because I'm a Pats fan and as such I get more enjoyment from following the team with hope rather than with angst. With that said, I'm hoping in particular to gain some confidence that JK has what it takes to be a successful leader of the franchise. So far I can't hang my hat on much that I know he has accomplished independent of RK.

Was tied up with work, was it Robert only or did Jonathan make an appearance also? If no on JK, then perhaps he is not "really running things with Dad as a mere figurehead."
Was just RK.

For some reason, it isn't letting me quote your post @jmt57 - but I appreciate your input. I'll have to keep an eye out for a transcript.

To me, it makes sense, if that's what Kraft is hinting at. There's simply a moment when a time has come to an end and even if BB wanted to make concessions in leadership/not be GM, I think it's a bit too late for that to matter. The confluence of timing, a rough streak, a severe mishandling of coaching staff can act more like a stench that sticks around. I don't think BB in such a hypothetical would have the time to overcome that. Nobody could.

"I'm not smart enough to give you a credible answer."

That's RKK speak for I'm not throwing Bill or the current players under the bus today.

Biggest takeaway I had was regarding the concept of BB having a reduced role. Kraft more or less said that once a person is in a position of having a certain amount of power, it's very difficult for them to give that up and continue. I've seen that thought process in the corporate worls where a person is almost always laid off rather than being offered a lesser position.

RK also alluded to the fact that as time went by fewer people were standing up to BB; unwilling to disagree with him due to his stature. That in itself is a huge issue. Not sure if that is a failure in not hiring stronger-willed people, a failure of those assistants, a failure on BBs part - or all three.

Kraft also said that the decision was not made until yesterday (Wednesday). Slightly surprised that it took that long.

One other thing I found interesting, and disappointing, is that Bob didn't want to seek a trade for Bill... He thought it would've been unseemly or some such nonsense like that.

Will someone ask him if this is a happy ending? :D
Bob didn't seem too stressed today.
Guess he found a more reliable & discreet path forward.
Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN
Water Fail GIF
Stripping Saturday Night Live GIF by Morphin

The intent was evident. He knows that the team has had a disappointing last 4 seasons and saw that changes needed to be made. Bill saw the writing on the wall. Doesn’t make it any easier for each of them and it was great to see them one last time together for me at least.
Isn't it 3 out of 4 seasons?

Are people expecting them to do better than make the playoffs and lose the first game next year?

Are people expecting them to do better than make the playoffs and lose the first game next year?

Getting to the playoffs was great but they were destroyed in buffalo. Making it and getting blown out is a disappointment in my books.

Getting to the playoffs was great but they were destroyed in buffalo. Making it and getting blown out is a disappointment in my books.
Then be prepared for disappointment. That's a pretty high standard.

That game also showed us one thing mainly: the defense needed a lot of attention; it needed to be revamped. It's funny people forget that. It was only 2 years ago. Memories are so short.

Then be prepared for disappointment. That's a pretty high standard.

That game also showed us one thing mainly: the defense needed a lot of attention; it needed to be revamped. It's funny people forget that. It was only 2 years ago. Memories are so short.

Not disagreeing with you but the reality I’ve accepted is that with bill or not next year the team isn’t making the playoffs most likely. Starting fresh here made the most sense.

I wanted Bill to leapfrog Shula here and retire more than anything but the circumstances didn’t allow that scenario much hope.
Bill set the bar pretty high here for most of the fans fair or not.

Depends on the offense, specifically the QB, OTs & WRs... The defense is, depending on who stays or goes, already PO-caliber.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back