PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Press Conference 1/11/24, 12:00 est

Why? What's the history there?
The Spanos family are wreckless, penny pinching assholes hated by just about everyone starting at their hometown of Stockton, California down to San Diego. They also did Marty Schottenheimer wrong (firing him after a 14-2 season). BB would never coach for owners like that.

Few things I took out of the presser. This felt genuinely mutual i.e. both wanted something different. BB will keep on coaching, with Atlanta (or Carolina) seemingly a likely landing spot. Lastly, RK looks and sounds old.
Why would he go to a team with no QB? Does not have the time to build a team from scratch.

How long before BB is the new Falcons coach? 24 hours?

The Spanos family are wreckless, penny pinching assholes hated by just about everyone starting at their hometown of Stockton, California down to San Diego. They also did Marty Schottenheimer wrong (firing him after a 14-2 season). BB would never coach for owners like that.
Unlucky for him then because they are the best team to go to with the QB.

Though I have my doubts about him given that he does not know how to win games.

Why would he go to a team with no QB? Does not have the time to build a team from scratch.
Who says they don't have a QB? What about Justin Fields, Kirk Cousins etc?

I am doubting a little it was "mutual" They said that way too many times in the presser. It sounded like a person who got dumped saying they did not. I got no idea who dumped who but it sure sounded that way
Kraft wanted that message sent, the question is what it cost him.

Kraft wanted that message sent, the question is what it cost him.
You could tell Kraft didn’t want to be the guy to fire Bill. Had to sell it as mutual but we are not stupid.

Bill is not going to Carolina, who in their right mind would want to work for Tepper? He's crazy.

Yeah I didn’t love that aside from celebrating his Career.
But I’ve never seen Kraft look so cold or insincere.
I’m really starting to dislike Mayo if he pushed Bill out from within.

Kraft was just solemn and probably pretty uncomfortable with the whole sad affair. Rest assured Mayo had no part in this.

Why would BB want to coach for Arthur Blank?

It’s not like it would be a long term marriage. Atlanta has a good defense and some good pieces on offense with Pitts, London, and Robinson. The QB situation is sketchy with Ridder by they do have a top 10 pick. I could see them take Penix.

In a series of bad decisions by everyone @ Patriots over the last 3 years this is the worst and most cynical.

Patriots are officially becoming just another team with all the good and the bad that comes with it.

So if he does coach next year, does that team still have to give us compensation for his rights? Or does this break the current deal?
I think whatever compensation Bill gets from his new team offsets some of the money Kraft still owes him.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back