PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Press Conference 1/11/24, 12:00 est

e
Kraft at the end of conference says thank you all for being part of this celebration. What? Lol
Yeah I didn’t love that aside from celebrating his Career.
But I’ve never seen Kraft look so cold or insincere.
I’m really starting to dislike Mayo if he pushed Bill out from within.

I also noticed Bill call him Robert instead of Mr. Kraft. Has he ever done that?

I hate how people call him Mr. Pretty sure he started it.
BB is old school. It's a sign of respect for ownership, which meant a lot back in the day because owners were taking very serious risk in buying an NFL team. Less so these days now that the sport is on solid footing.

Shame he can't retire on his own. I wonder if BB "deviated" from his normal coaching after seeing Tom's success in Tampa. Overall, he had been successful in rebuilding the defense, and normally, he's pretty good with the special team too. He just needs assistance with the offense as many folks pointed out here. If Jim left, maybe he wants to coach Michigan...mmm

Technically a firing, but it very well could've been mutual in terms of disagreement on how best to move forward. I also think BB recognizes the necessity of what media does, he just dislikes being required to deal with it.
I have never seen anyone in any sport treat the media with anywhere near the contempt Bill did. If he has any respect for them it is for very few individuals.

Bill said it was business as usual as of this Monday. He was definitely fired. They made it look amicable for history.

Patriots Unfiltered announced that RK will conduct another meeting at 2pm today and will take questions. I have not seen anything official on this so needs confirmation.

The worst thing Kraft could do now is hire all the old band - Vrabel, JMD, Mayo, Easterby, Zeigler, Pioli...

If he picks one, then cool. But, anything else would result in a fight for power that could disintegrate.

But whomever is picked, anything less than 10 wins and a wildcard appearance is going to cause meltdowns.
Vrabel never coached in New England. I think it makes him different

Kraft made the only decision he could

As much as it pains me to say it, in the end, it was the correct decision.
I agree. I am sure it was a hard decision to move on but Mr. Kraft has to do what is best for the team. With a top 3 pick and money to spend in free agency, now was the time for new leadership. Thank you BB for all your hard work that resulted in 6 Lombardi's and 20 years of greatness. You are the GOAT coach.

i can see BB going to chargers - good team bad coach, plus he gets to play patriots in 2024. but i think BB is perennial east coaster. i can see him with Commanders. close to annapolis, close to nantucket...

So if he does coach next year, does that team still have to give us compensation for his rights? Or does this break the current deal?

i can see BB going to chargers - good team bad coach, plus he gets to play patriots in 2024. but i think BB is perennial east coaster. i can see him with Commanders. close to annapolis, close to nantucket...
BB would never coach for the Spanos family.

Kraft at the end of conference says thank you all for being part of this celebration. What? Lol
Robert pregaming before this very important testimonial......

Drunk That 70S Show GIF by Peacock

So if he does coach next year, does that team still have to give us compensation for his rights? Or does this break the current deal?
BB is a free agent so to speak. He had zero value in a trade due to all the news swirling about him being fired.

I have never seen anyone in any sport treat the media with anywhere near the contempt Bill did. If he has any respect for them it is for very few individuals.

Bill said it was business as usual as of this Monday. He was definitely fired. They made it look amicable for history.
Just like Coughlin's exit. He "resigned" from the Giants
Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

Few things I took out of the presser. This felt genuinely mutual i.e. both wanted something different. BB will keep on coaching, with Atlanta (or Carolina) seemingly a likely landing spot. Lastly, RK looks and sounds old.

You could tell Bill wanted to stay it makes me sad.
Yea, this was very similar to Carroll's presser yesterday, except he was way more emotional and the advisor role thing, but you could tell it wasn't what Pete wanted either.

Impressive that you can still think about picks at this moment.

And no, contract is voided.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back