PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Pats/Ravens POST GAME Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irvin is VERY good at his job, imo. Because he wrongly predicted today's game doesn't change that.

Anyone else notice that on the 4th and one near the goal line, Suggs must have thought it was 4th and goal? He went running downfield like a player might after a big stop. I thought it was odd when I saw a Raven run off and the Patriots had a first down.

Defense played great today. They stepped up in when they needed to. Meriweather was all over the place. I think this year could be his coming out party. The offense scored in the red zone and the wide outs were catching passes that they should have. Overall a great win againest a tough team.

P.S. Gallaway needs to pay attention to how the wide outs played today or his gone.

P.P.S GO SAINTS!

Good post. The D played with great intensity and energy. Guyton & McGowan had their best games & Meriweather is becoming an elite safety. If the young guys keep improving, & I'm sure they will, the defense will be one of the league's best.

Meanwhile, the Jests are going down at NO. If they had only kept Mangini...

And I wish Flacco was Tom's understudy. The kid's for real.

I didn't go through all the post so I'm sure this was mentioned....was it just me or was it weird Pats D blitzing crap out of Flacco? I was thinking 'Dean Pees must be high on ecstasy or speed...' I think with our defensive backs, we can blitz and take more chances. Now how about that Merriweather!!! And Butler and Bodden! Super pick ups this year.:singing:

Re: Brady's play today

Extremely sharp today, a big leap forward. Not all the way back, but the best we've seen him, by miles.

I thought he had a very good day. He's definitely getting better with every game. There is still a lot of room to improve with the red zone offense and his deep throws, but other than that he's looking great.

Bodden + Springs = BETTER than Wihie +Whietley.

No they didn't.. Flacco went no huddle on that last drive.

But the D made a stop when they had to.

The D made the key stop on the Ravens' 2nd to last possession. On their last possession, that pass that Clayton dropped was right to him. He was going to pick up the first down and more. The Pats got lucky there, and I wouldn't really give them much credit for that.

i would not say Brady was all back this game....he seemed a little jiterry at times, (primarily the couple of series after he got cheap shot at his knee)

but he started great, and ended great....well have him back soon enough

Our D played better in the first half than second half. The fact that our O didn't hold the ball long enough in the fourth quarter AFTER STOPPING Raven's O was really troublesome.

I expected a FG kick from this drive BUT we gave the ball back to Raven too quickly.

Re: Brady did not miss Galloway at all today.

This could light a fire under his arse or he could be gone by Tuesday.

The Post Game thread is SO much better than the Game Thread. Too many ****ey fans that get all wee-weed up and throw in the towel at every missed play. I am NOT talking about guys who post legit criticisms of play calling or coverage, etc.

I find the game day threads very frustrating. There is intense whining after every play that doesn't go well, and equally intense homerism after every play that doesn't. Comments like "wish Brady could play like Flacco" doesn't help.

The D made the key stop on the Ravens' 2nd to last possession. On their last possession, that pass that Clayton dropped was right to him. He was going to pick up the first down and more. The Pats got lucky there, and I wouldn't really give them much credit for that.

I disagree. I made a statement earlier in the game thread discussion that our D was intimidating the Ravens offense with their hard hitting.

Remember the saying: Luck is the residue of design.

Clayton got hit hard a few times in the game, and on that last throw, I guarantee you he was in the "hearing footsteps behind him" frame of mind, because, one, he had McGowan in his field of vision, so he was probably mentally preparing for the hard hit, and that took away from the focus on catching the ball. It also helped that Butler was draped all over him.

Don't forget

His high school guru said it will take 8 games to be back to full speed. Hell, last year, "pundits" were creaming over one another to make excuses for Manning missing training camp.

Actually, they are still talking about it. So as long as we keep seeing improvement, we should be happy.

This could light a fire under his arse or he could be gone by Tuesday.

Hopefully, he is gone Monday.

I find the game day threads very frustrating. There is intense whining after every play that doesn't go well, and equally intense homerism after every play that doesn't. Comments like "wish Brady could play like Flacco" doesn't help.

You got my vote on that! Equal amount of ridiculous assessment. I even saw an "our D sucks!" statement.

Unbelievable.

Last edited:

yea, but in case u didnt notice number 88 wasnt really a WR, hes a ST....

we still need galloway

Anyone else notice that on the 4th and one near the goal line, Suggs must have thought it was 4th and goal? He went running downfield like a player might after a big stop. I thought it was odd when I saw a Raven run off and the Patriots had a first down.

I thought that was Ray Lewis...either way it looked silly since it was a first down :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots