PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Offense needs to stop playing fantasy football every week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pats Will Win Next Ring When It Has No Elite Offensive Fantasy Players

This is spinning what was actually said.

The team right now is too over-reliant on the same players and plays, in order to succeed. This team cannot manufacture wins when its bread and butter is stopped.

Damn I wish Belichick would get those decent players off the bench
... did Bill bet the house on the Saints yesterday?

Nope, sorry, you really have a problem of pulling things out of your a*s and making things up.

This has nothing to do with Belichick. Belichick can't manage all facets of the team, it's impossible. If you read ANY books on the man you'd know that he learned to delegate and trust his coordinators from his experience coaching in Cleveland. He has never fired a coordinator and believes in developing them, even when they screw up.

It's obtuse (but not surprising) thinking from you to automatically attribute any criticism of the team as an attack on Bill Belichick or his decision-making.

So what is he saying in that headset then ... Ernie there's some great steak here in the French Quarter?

We have to use them because our third, fourth and fifth options are unreliable and not dependable. That's either on Tom Brady, the receivers or the offensive coordinator.

It's on the coordinator. It's not surprising he uses them so much and can't win if Moss/Welker get stopped, since he's a rookie coordinator.

Last edited:

Damn straight, it's about time we give that Hoyer kid the reins!

It's on the coordinator. It's not surprising since he's a rookie coordinator.
Argh right, because Bill O'Brien was responsible for the drafting and free agent acquisitions at the wide receiver positions was he? Did O'Brien manage the salary cap that determined Moss and Welker were worth a combined $14 million hit? Does Bill O'Brien cause the offensive turnover, like Tom Brady throwing a ball straight to a Saints walk on defensive back when we had the momentum on the weekend?

You need to step back and read what you're typing more closely maverick.

Damn straight, it's about time we give that Hoyer kid the reins!

Wow you really can't be that dumb, though I wouldn't put it past you. In no way was it suggested that this team doesn't need elite players. The point is about how they're used, over-relying on them to the point where you can't win or be flexible if they are being stopped.

Argh right, because Bill O'Brien was responsible for the drafting and free agent acquisitions at the wide receiver positions was he? Did O'Brien manage the salary cap that determined Moss and Welker were worth a combined $14 million hit? Does Bill O'Brien cause the offensive turnover, like Tom Brady throwing a ball straight to a Saints walk on defensive back when we had the momentum on the weekend?.

Are you seriously blaming the lack of talent on offense for offensive failures???? This team should have been able to have won even 1 road game this year, without blaming it on the lack of a 3rd or 4th receiver.

This team is completely stacked with talent. It's the play-calling that is the issue.

Last edited:

Wow you really can't be that dumb, though I wouldn't put it past you. In no way was it suggested that this team doesn't need elite players. The point is about how they're used, over-relying on them to the point where you can't win or be flexible if they are being stopped.

entering the abyss now ...
you've lost this argument mav ... grab some cookies and milk and go to bed.

Re: Pats Will Win Next Ring When It Has No Elite Offensive Fantasy Studs

LOL somebody needs a hugggggg

Are you seriously blaming the lack of talent on offense for offensive failures???? This team should have been able to have won even 1 road game this year, without blaming it on the lack of a 3rd or 4th receiver.

This team is completely stacked with talent. It's the play-calling that is the issue.
So which is it maverick, because you seem unable to make up your mind? We are stacked at wide receiver and we can spread the wealth away from Welker and Moss or we aren't?

I am saying we don't have excellent depth in crucial skill positions beyond our stars. That's not the players fault, that's a roster management problem.

LOL somebody needs a hugggggg

Are you available ... grab your keys and look out for fire hydrants.

You know I personally am okay with whatever happens. Kraft is a class guy, and at least I feel good that the team is owned by the man who brought flag football to...

Nah, don't want to try to clean up exploded Mav brain from the inside of the screen.

So which is it maverick, because you seem unable to make up your mind? We are stacked at wide receiver and we can spread the wealth away from Welker and Moss or we aren't?

I am saying we don't have excellent depth in crucial skill positions beyond our stars. That's not the players fault, that's a roster management problem.

What you don't get, with your stats-obsession, is that I am suggesting we don't need to win every week by insisting on a spread passing offense.

We have two solid TE's and an entire stable of RB's.

The fact you keep blaming our losses on the lack of a good 3rd or 4th receiver, shows the same flawed mentality that O'Brien has right now in banging his head against the ball repeatedly to win through the spread offense.

What you don't get, with your stats-obsession, is that I am suggesting we don't need to win every week by insisting on a spread passing offense.

The fact you keep blaming our losses on the lack of a good 3rd or 4th receiver, shows the same flawed mentality that O'Brien has right now in banging his head against the ball repeatedly to win through the spread offense.
I'd love for the offense to run the ball more, but Taylor has been out injured, Morris has been out injured, Maroney in the past had been injury prone and is starting to find his feet again, Green-Ellis is serviceable at the moment and the offensive run blocking line has been schizophrenic at best.

You're a complete moron if you think I'm blaming the loses on wide receiver depth. You continue to harp on about our fantasy stars in Moss and Welker. My contributions have been related to them as the running game was not the object of the conversation. You've comprehensively embarrassed yourself regarding that subject and are now looking to deflect argument elsewhere.

Last edited:

Chris Baker couldn't outrun my hamster this year. Watson cannot get open inside of 10 - 15 yards. Solid is an over reach. Wiggins was a better reciever than Baker. Fauria was faster than Baker and he was slow as mud. Baker is a non factor because he's pretty much toast at this juncture ... he has added nothing. He has 10 receptions for 91 yards ... he may break 100 but don't bet on it.

Nobody is suggesting we don't need Brady, Moss, or Welker. The more elite talent we can get, all the better.

What I mean is, this team should be able to win when Brady throws under 25 times, or Moss/Welker get less than 5 catches.

Win the game pounding the ball some week, and where the passing guys aren't putting up crazy passing/receiving fantasy stats. Win the ball with the tight ends.

Stop trying to force success through the spread offense, and where you lose the game if you can't do it that way.

Trying to force a win doing it your way is Mike Martz'ish.

By elite I mean a fantasy stud. Those players you listed are all good/great, and it's important to have an offense where you can beat a team multiple different ways. I'm not saying not to have elite talent, obviously you need it. I'm not saying to not have or use Brady/Moss/Welker, but we use them repeatedly so much to the point that the offense can't do anything when teams figure them out. Case in point, the last game a mediocre Saints secondary completely stuffed Welker and Moss.

So teams with fantasy studs can't win championships? Well that disqualifies the Vikings, Saints, Colts, Bengals, and Patriots. By your reasoning, it looks like we're headed for an Eagles-Steelers SB pretty much by default.

By the way, what is this, the third thread that you've started today with the same basic premise? Mods, can we please revoke this guy's thread-starting privileges? He clearly can't handle them like a grown-up.

Last edited:

Nobody is suggesting we don't need Brady, Moss, or Welker. The more elite talent we can get, all the better.

What I mean is, this team should be able to win when Brady throws under 25 times, or Moss/Welker get less than 5 catches.

Win the game pounding the ball some week, and where the passing guys aren't putting up crazy passing/receiving fantasy stats. Win the ball with the tight ends.

Stop trying to force success through the spread offense, and where you lose the game if you can't do it that way.

Trying to force a win doing it your way is Mike Martz'ish.
So if Moss and Welker have under 10 receptions combined, that leaves another 15 attempts at receivers 3, 4 and 5 as well as the running game. If you can't see that you're defeating your own argument about NOT needing better quality in receivers 3,4,5 then you are beyond reproach.

Last edited:

So teams with fantasy studs can't win championships? Well that disqualifies the Vikings, Saints, Colts, Bengals, and Patriots. By your reasoning, it looks like we're headed for an Eagles-Steelers SB pretty much by default.

Woah!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl:

Brilliant.:D

So teams with fantasy studs can't win championships? Well that disqualifies the Vikings, Saints, Colts, Bengals, and Patriots.

By fantasy stud, it means that you know week in and week out a guy will get his stats if the team/coordinator can help it.

I don't think that applies to the Vikings or Bengals; they aren't over-reliant on Favre or Palmer in order to win. Peyton Manning is the one exception to the rule, he's that good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back